US and Israel to hold largest ever joint military exercise

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

US and Israel to hold largest ever joint military exercise

www.timesofisrael.com

Israel and the US are set to hold their largest ever joint military exercise in October, featuring thousands of soldiers and advanced anti-missile defense systems, and simulating simultaneous fire from Iran and Syria.

News of the drill comes amid ongoing violence in Syria, and with Israel and the US closely discussing the means to thwart Iran’s nuclear drive. The commander of the 3rd Air Force, Lt.-Gen.Craig A. Franklin, on a recent visit to Israel, established a planning committee with representatives of the IDF to coordinate the details of the exercise, the Maariv Hebrew daily reported M
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 25-6-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Judging by the theme of the article this appears to be the next step in the quest for a strike on Iran.

My guess is that if Iran doesn't bow down to Western pressure by late November, they will be attacked.

Keep your eyes out for some type of event around this time that will be blamed on Iran which will pave the way for the military to use the media to justify the actual strike.

America, are you ready to go to war for Israel?

www.timesofisrael.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Let's wait and see... Has everybody forgot??? From many posters here the Alien fleet was suppose to have invaded Earth over a month ago! As for as I'm concerned as American citizen...No I'm not ready support Israel, you start it you fight it.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
...In short, this is what we can do to you Syria and Iran if you don't get on your knees now and beg to fall into line.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Without some BOGUS war how can all the corrupt war mongers justify the trillions they spend (waste) and pocket on private sector contracts and arms?

Quote:
"There will always be a boogieman! If the CIA and MI6 did not exist, there would be no terrorism."
-Former CIA Whistleblower

Time to create the 'Home-Grown Terrorist' to justify the surveillance and 1984 police state.

edit on 25-6-2012 by InternetGremlin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
These coming months are going to be very interesting.

Curious that the US and Israel are doing this at this time. I seem to remember another thread announcing Iran, Syria, and Russia also had the same idea not long ago.

Referenced Thread

Could they possibly be related?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by KeepYourAnonymity

I can't verify the authenticity of this report, but it appears the war games were never actually scheduled to happen but this could all be another tactic:

Russia, Syria deny war games with China, Iran

Russian and Syrian officials dismissed as provocation on Tuesday Iranian media reports that Iran, Russia, China and Syria are to conduct joint military exercises in Syria next month.

Who knows though, it could be related.

There was a joint Israeli/US exercise planned earlier this year that ended up getting cancelled. I believe this is the continuation of the previously planned exercise.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeepYourAnonymity
These coming months are going to be very interesting.

Curious that the US and Israel are doing this at this time. I seem to remember another thread announcing Iran, Syria, and Russia also had the same idea not long ago.

Referenced Thread

Could they possibly be related?

With all this going on in such close proximity of one another, we only need a tiny little spark and we are off to ww3.

I can not envision all those ships from here, there, everywhere, holding 'drills' in such a small area and not bump heads at least a few times. We can only hope cooler heads will prevail and we not have some trigger happy sub or ship Capt. Metaphorically, hit the red button.

edit on 25-6-2012 by InternetGremlin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Keep your eyes out for some type of event around this time that will be blamed on Iran which will pave the way for the military to use the media to justify the actual strike.

Yep and that event will most likely take place during London Olympics.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
WW3 already started in my opinion. Just the western world isn't attacked yet.
Turkey is the first victim with their F-4 and the other one, like a staged gulf of tonkin event to spark the rest.

Its my opinion, based on nothing but my common sense. I cant prove anything

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Next sunday (july 1st), the EU decision to stop buying Iranian oil will be "activated", well, Iran promised that if this happened they would possibily close the Strait of Hormuz. This is going to be very interesting, oil prices will skyrocket IMHO.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

You would think that Israel and America are close allies but that is not the case right now.

They have an Israeli spy in captivity and will not release him as an example.

I am not altogether sure that Israel should not just join the S.C.O. and be a leading business partner.

I'm not convinced that having America inspect parcels at a trade depot in your country, will be good for business.

They attacked an unarmed country with extreme deadly force and tortured people so they are not actually friendly. And as such you might not want to do business with that type of person.

And any opportunity at all, to get out of a relationship with a country known for its blood savagery, might be a good opportunity to take advantage of.

I can't image anyone at all anywhere wanting NATO to manage a trade depot on their soil.

NATO attacked they murdered and it was completely unlawful, so basically these are not law abiding people in any sense of the word. And as such to do business with people who are in no way trustworthy is probably unwise. They will use strong arm tactics and terrorism and make you work for them as slaves and use propaganda to make it look like you are happy.

I am beginning to think that organizations such as these should not be in charge of trade and commerce and should not have a stranglehold on trade.

Like the Internet is free to a degree free enterprise should be free as well.

The S.C.O. is experienced and is providing security for many areas I would suggest they handle security and those um people who committed those heinous illegal acts just be left to live with each other and continue to abuse their human shields (their populations eg: your typical powerless American or British citizen)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

I gave you a star because your post was very well written, but the following quote I disagree with:

You would think that Israel and America are close allies but that is not the case right now.

This article from earlier this month may change your mind:

Peres arrives in America, thanks Israel’s ‘closest ally’

And let's not forget about the billions of dollars the USA gives Israel every year:

Israel, U.S. formally sign new defense aid agreement U.S. to transfer $30 billion to Israel over 10 years; 26 percent can be spent on Israeli companies' products.

Israel and the United States signed Thursday a Memorandum of Understanding on the new American defense package for Israel. Under the new aid agreement, the U.S. will transfer $30 billion to Israel over 10 years, compared with $24 billion over the past decade.

Obama may act tough in the media spotlight when it comes to Israeli policy, but at the end of the day he is just another Zionist puppet who does what he's told.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I wonder what sort of drill they will try?
With all of the boats over there, they will most likely try a exercise where they fly over a boat for hours and then drop bombs, strafe and shoot torpedos at it, all the while not sinking the boat due to incompetence.
Naw, that could never happen.
I just hope the US soldiers remember where they are and who the true enemy is.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Could you imagine what would happen if say China and Iran ran a simliar exercise off the coast of USA.

LOL

and we are to believe that Iran is somehow a threat !!

I know which countries scare me the most.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Could you imagine what would happen if say China and Iran ran a simliar exercise off the coast of USA.

LOL

and we are to believe that Iran is somehow a threat !!

I know which countries scare me the most.

Your comment reminded me of the LOST treaty traitor Obama just signed which will effectively give The UN control of our shoreline areas. Not only does this open up oil drilling more so to foreign countries because laws hinder our US drilling. It opens the doors to all shorelines to all foreign ships to joyride along our shores.

www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

As much as I enjoy your parananoia if you remeber this was scheduled to take place ealier in the year and was canceled. The exercise is as much preparation for a strike on Iran as much as the military exercise by Syria, Iran Russia and China are preparation for a strike on Israel.
edit on 25-6-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecrippler
Next sunday (july 1st), the EU decision to stop buying Iranian oil will be "activated", well, Iran promised that if this happened they would possibily close the Strait of Hormuz.

They can try....

Won't be sustainable though.
Just saying.

PEACE

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
How is this a signal that war is going to be declared against Iran or any nation for that matter? It is not. Nations do military exercises all the time. If anything, it is being held to show enemies of the region that other nations are ready and prepared to meet any threats. Iran has held exercises before as well, but they did not attack Israel. War next week, war next month, or war next year? All of these two-bit predictions are getting redundant. A rumor of war with Iran has been going on for over a decade. No war!

Personally, I think the US and Israel would rather saber rattle and keep Iran in check by showing off their toys than actually attacking. The Middle East is at its usual powder keg moments with the crisis in Syria and the civil unrest throughout the region. This exercise is merely a show of force to potential threats. In other words, we are locked and loaded and ready at moments notice. This exercise is a deterrence measure. I would not be surprised if Iran hold military exercises after this one. I am not to concerned about it.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Look, the Klingon Empire will keep it's own schedules on the invasion of Earth as we see fit, smooth heads.

There have been quite a few on this board extolling the virtues of missile systems from Iran lately.The ones they got from china specifically.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join