It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origins and Creationism: The Death of an ATS Forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
So, I stopped visiting ATS about a year ago. The Origins and Creationism board was slowing down, the valiant defenders of reason and logic had triumphed continuously over the dragons of ignorance. I decided to check it out again this month, and have been visiting every day. The board is much more active now, with a startling change...

The board is relatively unmoderated and has deviated greatly from it's stated purpose.

Anything from metaphysics to discussions on moral biblical passages are fair game. For every thread that is on topic, there are 1-2 threads that are completely off. Trending topics include "A Theory to the Collapsing Universe," "How to become God.," "Walk in's, could they be real?," "Where were you before you were born....?," and "Can Consciousness really go on.? Dr Stuart Hameeroff say it could quantum Consciousness."

The author of "How to become God." even stated in his next post that he meant to post the thread in the Metaphysics board. There is ABSOLUTELY NO moderation where it actually counts. I attempted to raise this issue by starting a thread on the Origins and Creationism board, which was then MOVED to Rants (where I'm posting now) and ultimately DELETED. What kind of moderation is this, where not only discussion relative to the function of a specific board is moved where the participants can't read it, but then deleted so that no one can read it? I have also registered a suggestion/complaint, but have seen no actions taken and have heard no replies. I also posted in one of the sticky threads titled "Changes Coming to Origins and Creationism.," a thread specifically about heavier moderation which never actually took place. This post too has received no acknowledgement from any moderators or ATS staff.

Osiris1953, the only person other than a moderator to see my thread on the matter, perhaps had the best response (posted on my profile.)

So the mods do next to nothing yet they are quick to take your thread down for questioning why. I thought we were encouraged to question authority.

Anyhow the irony of them taking down your thread is not lost on me.

It's absolutely disgusting. I am calling for the return of reasonable moderation to the Origins and Creationism board. Do not let this particular forum with such history become "everything else."

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I don't believe it's only that forum. ATS is not what it once used to be, and it seems to me the mods are taking advantage of this. They don't seem to like members questioning their decisions whether they are correct and logical, or ignorant. Though they only moved your thread now, if you keep pressing the matter you may encounter a ban.

Keep on regardless, the attention to these situations should be key to keeping this site running smoothly, as well as to maintain the general purpose of this website to gain and share information. However, we can't do that with disorganized forums and an uncontrolled moderating staff.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeepYourAnonymity
I don't believe it's only that forum. ATS is not what it once used to be, and it seems to me the mods are taking advantage of this. They don't seem to like members questioning their decisions whether they are correct and logical, or ignorant. Though they only moved your thread now, if you keep pressing the matter you may encounter a ban.

Do you play sports? If so, do you question the umpire/referee/judge? A mod is not here to take sides is my point I suppose and their actions are above user discussion, just like in sports. Or rather, as far as threads are concerned. If you have beef, U2U the mod in question and keep it between the 2 people it concerns.

edit on 25/6/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Grammar

join