It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is choosing to worship nothing better than worshipping the devil or vice versa?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthmonkey

Sounds to me like you're not the religious type. If you do feel however that you want to learn more about it, there are bible study classes at many churches. They normally focus on the theology about it all. WHY the bible says what it does. Everyone is sitting around discussing the Bible, not preaching. They do this, I think, so you can get a better understanding of what the preacher talks about on Sunday morning.

And really, this is just an extension of the thought process of the church hundreds of years ago who only read the Bible in Latin. They were the only one's taught that language and regular people weren't even allowed to read out of them. They couldn't anyway. Didn't read the language but understood it. Just like illiterate people today who were never taught to read English. But you can talk to them just fine. That's not the case now of course, most people can read just fine but the bottom line is that a sermon is just the pastor summing up a message for you. A message you can easily get yourself by reading the Bible.

If you go to some of those classes and still question everything, then even the people there will advise you to go elsewhere. I'm not saying you can't learn, but your heart just doesn't seem to be in it enough to want to learn.

Really though, you don't need to worship something to believe in it. It all just seems like overkill to me. Especially with the Southern baptists talking in tongues and throwing snakes around. Unnecessary drama if you ask me.

On a side note, I'd also look into some online educational courses to help you form sentences better. That was a very hard post to read and understand.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hmmmm lets think........religious people have gone to war in the name of their god and to destroy those who believe in a different god and what is so stupid it is still happening today, we have searched the deepest depths of the oceans, drilled through thousands of feet of earth and also gone into space and without meeting the devil or god!!!!

Religion was the worlds first banking cartel, now supplemented by politicians and bankers.

Wolfie

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

"worship" meant something different in Jesus' time I do believe. It was to commune with, like a meditative contemplation, not grovelling, bowing down etc.

"God is spirit and truth who seeks worshippers who worship in spirit and in truth."
~ Jesus, to the woman at the well.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Any God truly worthy of worship would neither demand or need worship from human beings. I mean just imagine for a moment that you are a god with supernatural abilities and intelligence, do you really want a bunch of mortals following after you bowing and kissing your boots, I mean, unless you're into that sort of thing

In my experience belief is less of a conscious choice and more of a natural result of experiences and knowledge about the options involved. Simply choosing to believe for the sake of doing so kinda makes it arbitrary doesn't it? Those who just pick a religion and choose to believe really just seem like atheists in denial, I went through a phase like that after I stopped being a Christian until I realized I really had no reason to believe other than my own personal comfort regarding death and the meaning of life.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
What's wrong with worshipping an angel? Lucifer was the top angel according to the scriptures....so at some point this holy being has a moment where he/she/it realizes that everything is god...the angels, humans, trees, bugs everything is god...and begins to share this knowledge with everyone an+now Satan is the bad guy? I think not. I only wish that if these entities and invisible beings are truly real and do exist that they make themselves visible and known.

If the devil who is really an angel really wanted to rule the earth, it would be quite simple...just appear for all the world to see and the world would be his/hers/it's. That is if these invisible multidimensional beings really exist in the first place.

Bring it on I say, this world is already messed up as it is, we could sure use a change...and a bit of true knowledge concerning the afterlife and the true nature of "God". So by worshipping this angel you are technically worshipping god since everything is god..that applies to worshipping nothing or a tree or a cow or whatever it's all a part of the same thing.
edit on 25-6-2012 by AutOmatIc because: punctuation

edit on 25-6-2012 by AutOmatIc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Not quite:

1 Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.
No surprise that sacrifice would be considered a part of worship to God, by those people. No way that this means anything less than your entire body, all the time.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

is choosing to worship nothing better than worshipping the devil or vice versa?

Had some trouble understanding your thread title, friend. That being said, I do understand your utter confusion.
Avodah is the transliteration of the Hebrew word for both the words "worship," and "work." Have you ever thought about the connection? Is worship work? Is work worship? To my mind, they are one and the same. Christians work for Jesus, the dead guy whom they made into a God, Satanists work for Satan, that is a no brainer, I work for the Government, they pay me to be sick, and stay that way.

I was raised in a Church of God Assemblies, read faced yelling about all things fun like Rock & Roll, Fast Cars, and Sex in any form whatsoever. I heard the words "demons," and "Satan," probably a million times, and once the preacher even threw his bible at me because I was asleep. They refused to answer my many questions about their beliefs, telling me not to ever question, but to believe blindly and without reservation that the bible was the actual words spoken by God, and that I had better worship Jesus or else burn in Hell for ever. I even attempted to "take Jesus into my heart," and obtain the Holy Spirit," but in all truth I never felt any different at all. I wanted to be like the rest of them, I really did. Then I read the Bible through for the first time. After that I got into a big argument with the preacher and deacon, and left Christianity, never once looking back. Finally, I was free.

Today I am very well studied on Bible, Christianity, and the origins thereof, and try my best to educate the bible thumpers and self styled internet preachers who drift in here with their stories of formerly being a witch, or an atheist, or after seeing a vision of Hell with someone they know in there, and now they are a Christian, and want you to join their club too.

In here you will find all kinds of people from all walks of life. Avoid posting key words like Aliens, ET, Occult, Magick, any other God, or Goddess, or religion, and the Christians just might leave you alone.
You will find that some in here, about 8 in total, seem to belong to the same church, for they all sound alike.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join