It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is choosing to worship nothing better than worshipping the devil or vice versa?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
i have always wondered about that i mean theres so many religons in the world who is to say which one is the correct one . or are there many different paths that lead to whatever it is they are looking for? i was raised in an extremely small southern baptist church avergae attendance was about 20 people or so i was preached to for 18 years untill i left at age 18 i just never felt the same things that everyone says thye feel people say they feel god and talk to him but nobody ever reports what god says to them im my experience i know theres a lot of false profits and all im just not sure i want to devote my life to something and come to find out i was wrong does anyone else have these same feelings?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hm, I have a hard time trying to understand exactly what you're asking.
Are you asking what you should worship?

From personal experience, I worship nothing. That doesn't mean I don't love, care or have compassion. Or whatever other positive qualities that religions teach.

Works out fine for me. Have you tried asking yourself this question?
edit on 25-6-2012 by LeTan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

i am not asking what i should worship i am saying i am confused because there are somany religons whos to say which is the right one or do they all lead to the same place

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthmonkey
reply to post by LeTan

i am not asking what i should worship i am saying i am confused because there are somany religons whos to say which is the right one or do they all lead to the same place

Who knows? What if they are all wrong? What if there is no "same place"?

What I'm saying is I chose for myself.

Heck, if you want to, you can believe in all of them, that's cool too. Your mind is your limit.
edit on 25-6-2012 by LeTan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthmonkey

They all lead to atheism if you live long enough.

Unfortunatley people die before they get a chance to see how wrong their beliefs are.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

honestly i donot belive in any religon 100 % so does that mean i donot believe, is it everything or nothing or what i know that im not gonna believe what anyone says 100% im just trying to get other peoples opinions on the matter

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
If by worshiping the devil means worshiping evil then of course it's best to not worship anything. Some do worship the devil and believes he is the right heir to the planet, some even believe he is creator of the universe.

Reading the bible makes me deduct that Yahweh isn't a god, nor is the snake, nor is Jesus. Nothing seems to talk about a universal god to me in the bible. Mostly stories written by fools with limited understanding of the universe and it's origins. There are great values that can be learned trough various religions but I feel their idea of god is disillusioned from their foolishness and misunderstanding of holy books.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

edit on 25-6-2012 by Ladysophiaofsandoz because: Double post the devil or lack of one made me do it

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Don't know if I can understand most your post to comment on it, but the title? Fairly easy to deal with:

Outright Devil worship is often more a parody of worship, not actively believing in a Satan, so in effect, it would be the same thing.

But think of things that someone who believed that Satan is real and must be appeased: no specifics, since we can't ever agree on right and wrong on here.

Would it be better for you to actively practice such evil or to passively let them happen as they might? For you, the more actively you seek this thing that you find wrong, sooner or later, it will lose the disgust, in your mind, that it once had.

For society? The slower the descent into evil, the less we notice that we're changing, until we're further gone than we wanted to be.

Think about it like gaining 100 lbs: that's enough to be obese. You put on 100 lbs within a few days? You freak out. You put it on over the space of 4 years? It creeps up on you.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthmonkey
i have always wondered about that i mean theres so many religons in the world who is to say which one is the correct one . or are there many different paths that lead to whatever it is they are looking for? i was raised in an extremely small southern baptist church avergae attendance was about 20 people or so i was preached to for 18 years untill i left at age 18 i just never felt the same things that everyone says thye feel people say they feel god and talk to him but nobody ever reports what god says to them im my experience i know theres a lot of false profits and all im just not sure i want to devote my life to something and come to find out i was wrong does anyone else have these same feelings?

Metaphors are your friend in decoding the truth

All the religions of the earth hold truth, including satanism and atheism. it is all one message. each religion has a part of it's doctrine which is clearer and stronger to understand as truth as well as weaknesses which are the others' strengths. it is a giant puzzle.

what you speak of nothings sounds to me like an old approach i once had in my path through philosophy. NIHILISM. God is the nothing because simply our limited communication cannot convey without contradiction what God the Supreme Creator is in terms of description of his attributes. In fact this is not even the point because quite simply it is outside of our scope and frankly none of our business.

All we need to know is that there is a supreme creator that has created a world in balance of 2 opposites. going far to the left or to the right one would never find God. God resides in the centre at the "Zero Point". the fulcrum of a seesaw at perfect balance. the centre of a perfect circle. these are symbols that most closely align with the paradigm that defines the operating space of our creator.

In a sense you are correct to worship "Nothing". but u must recognize that nothing IS "Something"

in most basic mathematical terms you can see that there are ONLY 9 numbers and then the number 0

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

then what happens? it starts over again
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

the pattern is simply that we are counting how many "Zeros" we encounter as we move forward 0 at the start and 0 at the end.

the number 10 is not the number 10. it is the encountering of the "First 0" in the journey and as well the number 20 is encountering the "Second 0" in our journey. so as i said it is only a method of counting the zeroes. math is a very limited thing

the point i am making is to teach you how "Nothing" is actually "something". More than that.. it is "ALL THINGS"

with a 0 at the start and 0 at the end of the numbers 1 - 9. one can see that 0 encapsulates ALL the Numbers!

Thus 0 is not empty because it contains all the numbers 1 - 9. and in that respect it contains all things.

The only thing that contains all things is imagination/thought

So there you go. God is coming into contact with the Universal Consciousness. An invisible force and learning how it speaks to you and how you can understand it. to live in harmony with nature and the universe is the Goal.

Seek your center(zero point) and you will find God. There will be no doubt once you do.. and noone will believe you unless you show them miracles, and even then they will believe it is all trickery.

I can tell you now it is all just about the 7 chakras and gaining enlightenment / anointing by the Holy Spirit / Christ Consciousness, and a million other names it goes by. what each person's purpose is to attain eternal life is to open their 3rd eye. once attained, visitting other dimensions is a natural process of thought, and their you can speak with higher entities and visit God if you so wish to see some sort of physical manifestation. You will understand alot more but it is a journey you must walk alone until our friends here on earth start waking up in droves and seeing truth so that we can continue to support eachother and teach our children the way!

In the meantime, there is still alot of infighting between dogma/religious fanaticisim and Truth!
edit on 25-6-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Ask yourself, who is it that is demanding I worship it?

You will find it is people who have used the belief capabilities of the creation machine to flesh out a structure that provides meaning for them.

Step beyond this and you can find everything you need in the present moment. Religion is based on the fear of an unknown future. It serves the purpose of providing a path for those who have been taught that they are evil by the very nature of their birth (see original sin).

You only need a savior or something to worship if you choose that as your path. If you have the belief that you need to be saved, then a savior will fill that creation for yourself.

What if you were born pure and sin was actually just a label the mind uses to classify things that have negative emotional connection? Your mind/body will flesh out your world for you. Unfortunately the programming from day one is suspect as it involves the ego-based teachings of our current society and parental understanding.

As we rid the need to have all-powerful egos, the need for something to worship begins to fade and the true creation power of the mind/body begins to emerge, trusting in conscious awareness and spirit/soul/entity drives the body rather than the bi-polar mind of the individual and the resulting society.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
maybe that wasnt the correct title maybe it should have read." which religon is correct" or does it even matter?
edit on 25-6-2012 by stealthmonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Not believing in anything and believing in the devil are two very different things. Not believing in anything would imply a non belief in both god and the devil not worship of the latter. I think about it this way if there is a god and he gives me little or no proof he exists but then judges me based on my choice, god is a huge jerk why would I want to spend eternity with a jerk? Just my way of looking at it. I am in no way trying to sway anyone's belief or non belief in any way.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

I agree with you. I guess I hadn't thought about it in that sense. There is also the aspect of the Fibonacci sequence in all things.

No, I believe this should not be about worship, but more of respect for nature.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Every tried not worshiping ? Try it, it has the same effect as worshiping

Maybe you are looking for something, maybe religion will fill that gap, I dont know but I do understand people do find solace in religion - I'm not one of them though.

Most people who are religious we're born into that religion, given the choice and not influenced by such would more than likely make the person not choose to be religious when given the choice. Although, later in life people do start to ponder, and like I said above - I'm all for it, if you find fulfillment in religion then go for it but dont start letting it block your experience of life by adapting that religion to great extent.

Anyway I'm rambling, I worship no God and if their is one, which ever one it turns out to be, then that God will know why I choose not to believe.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
Not believing in anything and believing in the devil are two very different things. Not believing in anything would imply a non belief in both god and the devil not worship of the latter. I think about it this way if there is a god and he gives me little or no proof he exists but then judges me based on my choice, god is a huge jerk why would I want to spend eternity with a jerk? Just my way of looking at it. I am in no way trying to sway anyone's belief or non belief in any way.

This is what happens with one-sided judgement. when we do not view the whole picture and pull ONE perspective for our interpretation. noone is wrong. but only seeing one side of a wall is to have "incomplete" understanding.

Know both sides of the story. in some cases there are more than 2 as well. but only when you know all sides can you say you truly "KNOW" something.

Not believing in anything is correct from one aspect in that God IS "Nothing" by our language and mathematical definition.

but what about symbolically? the imaginative side of things? Surely God DOES exist in some unfathomable undescribable form. and this must also be acknowledged however contradictory it seems.

for this reason someone who adopts the idea of believing in nothing has a one sided approach and thus will not gain enlightenment. We are definitely dealing here with a superconsciousness of sorts. INVISIBLE, CONSCIOUS AND VERY VERY REAL!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
reply to post by 0mage

I agree with you. I guess I hadn't thought about it in that sense. There is also the aspect of the Fibonacci sequence in all things.

No, I believe this should not be about worship, but more of respect for nature.

Respect for the Original Manifestor of the thing called "The Life Force" that permeates this world. Energy! The original creator of energy itself.

Physics says that "Energy cannot be created or destroyed"

allow me to complete that statement

"Energy cannot be created nor destroyed... by man"

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

as i stated before i was in church everysunday morning and night for 18 years it had no effect on me in a religeous sence i have studied other religons with the same effect im beginning to believe that religon was created as a tool for war and deception i mean how many people are gonna call a priest or a pastor a liar that would take some balls

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
Every tried not worshiping ? Try it, it has the same effect as worshiping

Maybe you are looking for something, maybe religion will fill that gap, I dont know but I do understand people do find solace in religion - I'm not one of them though.

Most people who are religious we're born into that religion, given the choice and not influenced by such would more than likely make the person not choose to be religious when given the choice. Although, later in life people do start to ponder, and like I said above - I'm all for it, if you find fulfillment in religion then go for it but dont start letting it block your experience of life by adapting that religion to great extent.

Anyway I'm rambling, I worship no God and if their is one, which ever one it turns out to be, then that God will know why I choose not to believe.

perhaps it is because you are doing the wrong thing it isnt working.

this is why some enlightened masters wil refer to the masses as "MAD"

doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

There are ppl that have believed and found their way to universal consciousness as i have said before i testify that it is absolutely real. Those that do not find it live in doubt. a never ending cycle since doubt itself drives you further away from realization of the truth. so if you can hear me.. re-assess your approach and you may find that the universe does speak back to you and does help you. but just as in any friendship it's about give and take. what are you doing FOR the universe to expect help from it.

taking into consideration as i have mentioned before that the universal force that permeates all is CONSCIOUS. And that it has used it's will to create you and all of existence and the living things within it. aspiring to live in harmony and friendship with nature and the universe has it's roots in compassion "love thy neighbour"

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Sometimes I find it hard to express what I think because my understanding is constantly changing as my ability comprehend grows and the constant flow of information is digested added or discarded. My beliefs are static. I do find room in my beliefs for god to exist just not the petty and judgemental god that demands my worship like a spoiled child that most people make god out to be. I find that when trying to describe god most tend to instill god with human traits that I find very ungod like. It's like blind men trying to describe an elephant I don't think god can be proven, disproven or explained with our limited knowledge, senses, or science. I respect your choice of math however. Math and music are the best tools for the job I think. I came here to learn and grow when I close my mind I cease to do either.

<<   2 >>

join