It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House congratulates Egypt's Morsi

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
OK, what's wrong with this picture? The Muslim Brotherhood, a terrorist group of Islamic fascists, is now in control of our former ally, Egypt, and our enemy Iran and our president are both in a celebrating mood about it? How can our president and our enemy embrace the same news as "good?"
Actions are already speaking louder than words, as Hamas fired over 150 rockets into Israel this weekend, seriously injuring a 50 year old man inside a factory and damaging a school. This follows the murder of an Iraeli Arab near the Sinai border last week by an Al Queada terrorist based in Gaza. Morsi is already given to Nasseresque speeches to rally his crowd (1 million martyrs, armed, and marching on Jerusalem). Fortunately, the Egyptian military isn't foolish enough to provoke war with Israel. Kerry, on the other hand, doesn't appear to be bothered by the prospect.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

Let's presume he is a democratically elected (i.e., no corruption and rigging of the election) leader. What else do you have to say about it? They elected him, and until he acts inappropriately there is no reason to not extend him the courtesy you would anyone you wish to be cordial with.

Why is political discourse among the plebeians always reduced to zero sum thinking?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Read it and weep,

How is Huma Abedin connected to Egypt’s new President?
By admin on June 24, 2012 in Blog, General
www.shoebat.com...
Walid Shoebat and Ben Barrack

It was encouraging to see five sitting US Congressmen – led by Rep. Michele Bachmann – send a letter to the Office of the Inspector General at the State Department recently; it made reference to the familial relationships Huma Abedin – Hillary Clinton’s Deputy Chief of Staff and closest advisor – has to the Muslim Brotherhood. Abedin has much fewer than six degrees of separation (1 or 2 depending on your interpretation) from Egypt’s newly elected Muslim Brotherhood president – Mohammed Mursi.

One year ago, when Walid discovered the names of 63 leaders who make up the Muslim Sisterhood – which is essentially nothing more than the female version of the Brotherhood – we learned that Huma’s mother, Saleha, was one of those leaders. Little attention has been paid to the other 62 leaders, however. One of them is Najla Ali Mahmoud, the wife of Mursi. Both are members of the Guidance Bureau, which proves fallacious, the claim that Najla is just an innocent and naïve spouse.

Plus

Rep. King questions how terrorist group member attended White House meeting
thehill.com...

King wrote to Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano on Sunday to ask several questions about Hani Nour Eldin's visit last week. Eldin is a member of Egypt's parliament, but he is also a member of Gamaa Islamiya, or the the Islamic Group, which has been linked to violence in Egypt and is a designated terrorist organization.

"Mr. Eldin's membership in the Islamic Group is a matter of public record, and reportedly even disclosed on his Facebook page," King wrote.

"I am aware that there may be legitimate diplomatic reasons to grant a member of a designated foreign terrorist organization a visa to visit the United States, such as for example in furtherance of peace negotiations," he added. "However, the nature of Eldin's visit suggests an absence of full vetting rather than a policy choice, or perhaps a break-down in the screening missions of and coordination among our federal agencies."

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Speaking about "Common people"; how about the woman who was beaten to death by her husband for not voting for the Islamic takeover? What's that say about their fair voting?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

I have heard so many CIA created psyops sob stories to support the war machines loudly beaten drums that, to be honest, I go beyond jaded.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by something wicked

I don't think I could see Reagan calling up Egypt and saying great job electing the Muslim Brotherhood!

Pulease.

So Reagan would have been happier to see a country being oppressed under a dictatorship? If you like.

Are you chanelling his thoughts by any chance? You seem convinced what he would or wouldn't do.

No chanelling necessary. Anyone with common sense would know that never would have happened. No offense intended. Reagan just would not have done it. Period.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The FBI and many others consider the Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist organization. So.. now.. Obama is officially in bed with Terrorists?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I love how some people only like a democracy if they elect someone who thinks like they do.

Here is a newsflash...the people of Egypt can elect whoever they want. As the leader of our country, Obama should recognize and congratulate anyone who has won a democratic election...even if we don't personally agree with their viewpoint.

Wish I could give you Stars and Flags.

The president spoke with the winner and the loser asking them to work together. This is kinda what presidents do. The US has been responsible for spoon feeding a military dictatorship for thirty years. This Theocracy thing wont last long. Old countries see this stuff come and go. How many governments come and go in 3 or 4 thousand years.
edit on 26-6-2012 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Actually Mr. Obama has proven that he is neither Christian nor Muslim in his embrace of gay marriages and support of abortions. Muslims and Christians both are against these practices

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
Actually Mr. Obama has proven that he is neither Christian nor Muslim in his embrace of gay marriages and support of abortions. Muslims and Christians both are against these practices

I am TOTALLY UNDENIABLY ok with that!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join