It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks with Too Much Cash Charge for Deposits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Source

It seems an odd problem to have, this “too much cash” thing. I don’t know that most of us can relate. But it seems that in times of economic insecurity, those who used to invest in stocks are simply holding their money in banks, and now bankers are inundated with money. So what’s the solution? Charge people to deposit. Or, at least some of the people, at some banks anyway:

A relative sent this to me that works at a local bank where they are asking customers to move their deposits.

I would like to make a comment about it, but it is taking me a few minutes to get my head wrapped around it. If I come up with anything to add I will come back. In the meantime, I am just throwing this out there.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Greetings,
Join a credit union. No bs there, they are non profit.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Too much cash? No such thing.

Ask the customers to help out and store some of the excess at their houses and I'm sure they'll only be glad to help their favorite financial institution.

Problem solved.

Peace

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Source

It seems an odd problem to have, this “too much cash” thing. I don’t know that most of us can relate. But it seems that in times of economic insecurity, those who used to invest in stocks are simply holding their money in banks, and now bankers are inundated with money. So what’s the solution? Charge people to deposit. Or, at least some of the people, at some banks anyway:

had the same problem in the great depression too you know, cash hoarding is a surefire way to stall the economy.
edit on 25-6-2012 by notionfreely because: closed a quote tag.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I see all of this bank crap and I really giggle.
You silly fools and your bank accounts.
Overdraft fees, deposit fees, withdrawal fees, dump all of your banks and credit unions and never pay fees again!
Plus it is much harder to track cash than cards or checks.
LOL, banks.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
So, correct me if I am wrong here or if the practice has changed but, When a person puts money into a bank the bank keeps a record of the deposit and 7% and invests the rest for its financial gain. More money being deposited means more money for investments. Now if the investment is sound the bank makes money. If the investment is not the bank looses money. The loss of money in these investments is where the bail outs come in. But, the bail outs are being used to loan out more money in order to draw in more interest from the debtor instead. Defaults of the debtors creates more need for bailouts.

So , now they are charging to deposit which makes more money for the banks. Is this to cover the bad investments? Is this to insure larger investments? Is this being used to cover the bailouts? Is this simply put into the pockets of the bankers and their shareholders? Are they not cutting their own throat?

edit on 25-6-2012 by Agarta because: Added lines

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
So, correct me if I am wrong here or if the practice has changed but, When a person puts money into a bank the bank keeps a record of the deposit and 7% and invests the rest for its financial gain. More money being deposited means more money for investments. Now if the investment is sound the bank makes money. If the investment is not the bank looses money. The loss of money in these investments is where the bail outs come in. But, the bail outs are being used to loan out more money in order to draw in more interest from the debtor instead.

So , now they are charging to deposit which makes more money for the banks. Is this to cover the bad investments? Is this to insure larger investments? Is this being used to cover the bailouts? Is this simply put into the pockets of the bankers and their shareholders?

fractional reserve banking is still around, if that's what you're asking.

cash in bank = worthless.
cash in economy = worth ascribed to it.

new topics

top topics

join