It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh, what a sick game.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
We fight terrorist in one country while we arm terrorist in another country. And the very ones we arm are the ones we are fighting the next time around. Is this someone idea of a sick game? We back rebels to over throw their government and the next time around we back the new rebels to over throw the government we help set up the last time around. It just goes on and on in a never ending cycle. We are placing games with people lives. It is like a chess game with counties as game pieces. At what point do we become the number one terrorist of the world. At what point do we push the whole world to turn on us....Just what has happen to this great country of ours called the United States of America?

Yes, know I am going to get flamed big time but I would like some answers as well.

(MODS: Move if in wrong forum)
edit on 6/25/2012 by fixer1967 because: To change title

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I guess my thread got posted in invisible cyber ink. Seems no one has even seen it.

NOTE= I guess some one seen it as it has 4 flags but no replies.
edit on 6/25/2012 by fixer1967 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
I guess my thread got posted in invisible cyber ink. Seems no one has even seen it.

NOTE= I guess some one seen it as it has 4 flags but no replies.
edit on 6/25/2012 by fixer1967 because: (no reason given)

It is a sick sick little game being played with your mind.

Oh BTW, just saying. >u

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

actually it is the silent majority , each flag counts as 10 , people in agreement.
statistaclly

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I am starting to think this thread was a bad idea. Am I the only one that sees this? Well this will not be the first thread I started that died a quick and quit death. In fact most of my threads seem to follow that pattern. If this one dies like the rest I am going to stop starting new threads. Seems I am just no good at it

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I assume you are referring to Syria? Firstly it is best to be specific about where or what you are trying to open a discussion on.

There are already so many threads on this conflict that it is probably best to join with one of those, unless you have a new take/information on the whole morass that has yet to be shared on ATS.

Try and structure your threads like an essay. Introduction- setting out what subject you are broaching, evidence- backing up your views, conclusion and opening up to the rest of the board.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

It is a sick game. Zbig Brzinsky laid it all out in his "Grand Chessboard" strategy. It amounts to an admission that US foreign policy is run like a game of "Risk" or chess, only with human sacrifices and loss of sovereignty. While I've never actually read anything more than excerpts from Zbig's writings (he's a real psychopath), the idea seems to be along the lines of the same fallacy that produced economic "game theory"- a gross oversimplification of human motives and values, written by egotists and psychos who seem to think everyone else is sort of like them.

So- the idea of it is that our "enemies" are naturally (??) playing the same game for world domination, and thus we need to beat them by playing the game better. The result is that the only way to counter the gameplaying is for others to effectively play the game as well, but, regardless of what they do, all their actions will be interpreted as having that motivation.

By the way- star and flag for you on this. I think it's an excellent topic. I know how you feel about threads falling into the abyss. It's happened to me too.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

I assume you are referring to Syria? Firstly it is best to be specific about where or what you are trying to open a discussion on.

There are already so many threads on this conflict that it is probably best to join with one of those, unless you have a new take/information on the whole morass that has yet to be shared on ATS.

Try and structure your threads like an essay. Introduction- setting out what subject you are broaching, evidence- backing up your views, conclusion and opening up to the rest of the board.

It is coming up a storm here. Will have to sign of soon.
I am talking about the middle east for the most part but the world I guess. It just seems to me like we turn on the people we help. We put some one in power just to take them down later. We back one side and then the other. We back Afghanistan against the Russians and then pick up where the Russians left off. We help put Saddam Hussein in power and then took him down. It just seems to me that we switch sides just a little too often. We have a history of helping people get up on their feet just so we can stab them in the back. I just do not feel right about all of this. This scars me. I do not like where this is going. I do not know where it is going but it looks like a very dark and bad place from here.

(I guess that is my problems with the whole thread thing, I am not good at putting what I feel into words. I will have to work on that).

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

The U.S. is finished, done and over with. God help us as we come to realize it more and more everyday now.
None of us, the common folk, can expect anything good to come for the rest of our lives. Looks like it is all going from bad, to far worse exponentially. Many still won't face up to it, I know. Doesn't change what is about to happen tho.
We live under a govt. that has been gearing itself up against it's No 1 enemy, for at least 60 yrs prolly more. It's own people have always been the enemy. They haven't done anything for the people for at least that long. They've designed a policy at our borders that keeps us from getting the hell out. And floods the economy by letting anyone in.

The people can be lied to about anything openly and blatently with no recourse and no one held accountable.
Still they'll vote.Still they'll war.
Now, Obama will give them death !
And they will love him for it.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

We fight terrorist in one country while we arm terrorist in another country. And the very ones we arm are the ones we are fighting the next time around. Is this someone idea of a sick game?

I'm not exactly sure if you're young and recently become aware or just had an epiphany...

To be brutally honest, the US has been doing similar things going back decades if not for the last century and half. We armed and trained the Vietnamese to fight off the Japanese. [They learned those jungle tactics very well and applied them first against the French then the US/Allies later]

We funded and supported both the Red Communist and National Chinese against the Japanese. We then faced them later in Korea. We supplied Saddam Hussein financial support to buy all them shiny new Russian tanks, Russian Jets, Russian Helicopters, Russian BMPs not to mention Russian made AK-47/74s, Boots, Belt buckles socks [Which we later turned into scrap metal]

We supported the Shah of Iran etc....

You get the picture?

Somethings were good for the US national interests at the time which then sometimes come back and bite us on the ass.

Just what has happen to this great country of ours called the United States of America?

I'd ask myself this.
Just how well do I know our Republic's history?

Yes, know I am going to get flamed big time but I would like some answers as well.

No, No flaming.
You asked an honest question with no apparent agenda.

edit on 25-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I was born in 1967. I not sure you would call it an epiphany. I guess I overslept and just now woke up. With all the things going on I just want to go back to sleep and write this off as a bad dream but I can not do that.

Thanks to everyone for you replies. I am glad that I am not alone in see this. I have to wonder just how bad it is going to be when all of this comes back on us and it will some day

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

actually it is the silent majority , each flag counts as 10 , people in agreement.
statistaclly

I did not know that.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

think of it as " the golf clap "

not a lot of effort,,hitting Flag
but yes we agree

and i figure statistcs will back that up.
edit on 26-6-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The much wider bigger picture has been coming thouroughly visible to me. I know I'll get laughed at for this, by some, but look into 'Archons' and what Dave Icke has to say about Archons. See, if you keep your eyes on, certain political figures' actions and meddlings in this middle eastern country, and that middle eastern country, and this taliban, and that al qaeda, and this Iran and that Iraq, well then you are only looking at the chess pieces on the chess board, and not the one who is maneuvering those.
In various (but not all that various) forms, this planet is kept in global lockdown, where century after century, there are many people who starve and die, and a handfull who maintain this status, via their hiarchical fixation, like a computer program it seems, while the Nikola Teslas are squashed underfoot, unless they become Einstein who makes a bomb.
All the countries on this planet, middle eastern, western, need to in concert, ban the economic hitmen and their central banking, and hold fast to their currency and their borders language culture. I believe this is the teflon against the middle east meddlers and their sick (evil) games.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

We fight terrorist in one country while we arm terrorist in another country. And the very ones we arm are the ones we are fighting the next time around. Is this someone idea of a sick game? We back rebels to over throw their government and the next time around we back the new rebels to over throw the government we help set up the last time around. It just goes on and on in a never ending cycle. We are placing games with people lives. It is like a chess game with counties as game pieces. At what point do we become the number one terrorist of the world. At what point do we push the whole world to turn on us....Just what has happen to this great country of ours called the United States of America?

(MODS: Move if in wrong forum)
edit on 6/25/2012 by fixer1967 because: To change title

Ever see the Game of Houses? Something along that line. Always someone trying to build an empire before they die. Modern day is no different than it was several thousand years ago. Places to conquer, people to kill.

top topics

join