It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Britain used to look like from the air (very nice video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well, this looks like it is going to be a valuable resource and also highly interesting for almost everyone

It seems the actual web site is yet to be completed, but we have been given a sample of what's to come in this very nice 6 minute video on the BBC site.

From sprawling factory complexes to newly built suburban streets - by way of some of the UK's top sporting venues and seaside resorts. More than 10,000 images from one of the earliest collections of aerial photography are being made freely available on the web.

The Aerofilms Collection is being conserved and digitised by English Heritage and the Royal Commissions on the Ancient and Historical Monuments for Scotland and Wales.
www.bbc.co.uk...

I rather enjoyed watching it and feel the need to watch it agian..
I know one of the places shown and it looks nothing like it used to...shame really.
It's also fascinating to see how busy everywhere was. Loads of boats and barges in the docks, loads of people at the beach.

Nothing like today.. we must be boring or something..

I hope you enjoy the video and I can't wait for the actual site to be up and running. They do have a couple of related links to follow, but I've not yet chased them.
One to look out for.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
pretty cool, I live in the uk and it is fascinating to see how some of the places I know looked like 80 or 90 years ago!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Back in the days when there was manufacturing, and people had jobs.

Shame we allowed that to lull us into a false sense of security, becoming passive and unaware of what the world was going to become.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
When Britain used to be Great...

top topics

join