It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt's President-elect Morsi reaches out to Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Egypt's President-elect Morsi reaches out to Iran

5townsshmooze.com

Egypt's President-elect Mohamed Morsi said on comments published Monday that he intends to restore "normal relations" with Iran to achieve "strategic regional balance."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Morsi, a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, was officially declared winner of Egypt's first democratic presidential election on Sunday. He proclaimed himself a leader "for all Egyptians," although he faces a struggle for power with the country's still-dominant Supreme Military Council. He also said that Egypt under his leadership would adhere to all previously signed international agreements. Although not referring to Israel by name, it is assumed Morsi meant to include the peace accords with Israel.

5townsshmooze.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Am i seeing right...in the upper left corner....the two flags ...one on top of the other....I guess this story could not be considered just a wee bit biased....Not saying the story is not true....Just an observation...

And also the sites names says....5-Towns Shmooze

A whole lot of shmoozing going on
edit on 103030p://f45Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I can see the Sampson option looming on the horizon....and where better to test a few nukes?
the Sinai desert maybe?
We here in the west have no idea what kind of a sh%tstorm is on our horizon......
But i look to a tumultuous next decade of strife we havent yet begun to imagine .......
Theres less chance of peace now than there was ten years ago......the conflict has grown and not diminished as it has drawn ever more nations into the fray....However surrepticiously they have come, to the middle east,there are many nations with one intent...total domination or total war.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I actually think they know the kind of # storm they are getting into....It is planned...and has been getting prepared for....The crash of the banks...the recession...the disillusioned youth...cutting money from the young....under educating them....turning them into needy dependent young soldiers who have no where left to turn but to fill the armies for a Glorious battle.....I know great story but the ending sucks.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The original source for this piece is Egypt's President-elect Morsi reaches out to Iran from the publication called Israel Hayom.

Its' authorship is attributed only to "News Agencies and Israel Hayom Staff" which makes me leery of relying on it alone as a source of information....

The topic, seems to be a "pushed" agenda relying n the perennial disdain for the Muslim Brotherhood, and assertions by their more vocal (and apparently hateful) members.

I wonder if this could be "propaganda"? Perhaps not in the core facts, but the way it is presented.

I notice they support Mitt Rmoney for president of the US... that makes it kind of ... curious since it is an Israeli publication ....

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Trying to make the leader of the Muslim Brotherhood look good smells of propaganda. Not that I have anything against this man personally, just that I don't trust any group that was propped up by a 3 letter agency.

After all, look at all the proxy groups that assisted them in gaining all this new found power in the region.

It makes sense that they would try and make it seem like peacefull intent was the intent when dealing with nations in the region, clearly Egypt could not deal with any sort of military attack or frustration from Israel or other potential enemies.

Iran does need allies so if it was reached out to by these folk you can bet they'll be willing to talk at lenght.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
So far not a real reason to get your panties in a twist. Among the first things he did was resign from the MB and declare he was keeping all treaties intact. So if in doing this so far he wants to reach out and make nice with Iran let him. Maybe just possibly maybe he can help talk some of the crazy down. People do need to realize that Iran is a sovereign nation and it's people do have pride in who they are as well. And having an ally that can help them save face while trying to join the rest of the international community would be helpful.

top topics

join