It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One the most interesting rooms, but im in trouble?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I have read some of the stuff you have in this room, alot of the math and sciences, and it all interest's me very much. I have almost a "thirst" to understand what i dont understand, and i want to know every thing in the world in a snese, but scienc and math most of all (plus history but that easy). But im in trouble, being 15 i get to sit in grade 10 science (yeah, lets all learn about ionic charges
) So what i want to ask is where are good things to learn about all this besides high school? thanks.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Probably the biggest thing to learn is "how to tell goofball science/medicine from the real/valuable stuff."

It ain't easy. You'd think that goofball-ism would be easy to spot, but it isn't. Often they use big words and confusing references. Sometimes they use legitimate material (Tesla is one of the sources for lots and lots of goofball stuff. Tesla is credible... but some of the theorists aren't.)

Knowing the real from the fake has a lot of benefits. For instance, I was in the health foods store and told the clerk I was feeling ill. I asked for some teas.

She tried to sell me "noni juice." Now... I know (from reading Peoples' Pharmacy (google for that one) and other sources) that noni juice isn't effective and in spite of what the ads say, the people who live where those plants grow are NOT healthier (and they die earlier than we do.) I also know that the second thing she recommended (ecchinacea) has had some real medical studies (peoples' pharmacy and other sources) that say that yes, it does have some effect but not a lot.

Check out the links at the top of this forum. I don't maintain them as well as I should, but we've got some good resources there.

And when in doubt, ask. I've learned a LOT while researching stuff to answer questions here!

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zi2525
I have read some of the stuff you have in this room, alot of the math and sciences, and it all interest's me very much. I have almost a "thirst" to understand what i dont understand, and i want to know every thing in the world in a snese, but scienc and math most of all (plus history but that easy). But im in trouble, being 15 i get to sit in grade 10 science (yeah, lets all learn about ionic charges
) So what i want to ask is where are good things to learn about all this besides high school? thanks.

The Internet is the endless book of knowledge, whatever you want to know, its there, just make sure your at a credible site and not one full of lies. and also, id suggest learning more on english as well, since your spelling isn't very good.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Maybe he was just typing fast?
I make mistakes sometimes when i type really fast.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
If you want access to real science books, youi should have an university library card. University libraries carry much more science books than normal libraries. I know of a physics booklist with good texts about modern physics subjects.

If you can't afford such a card or if there is no university in your city, you can always turn to one of the following:

• Teachers: Most teachers have an university grade and most of them still have the books they learned from. My experience is that they will be glad to lend them to you if you show a genuine interest in their subject.
  • Internet: I have made a list with internet resources[/url]. Most sites on that list are of high quality, but they usually aren't that great to teach yourself new things.
    Then there are also science books that are available online. These are usually in PDF or PS format, so a specialized google search can usually find them. Arxiv also has a few of these books online, but they aren't very easy to find.

top topics

join