It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Strikes Down Most of Arizona Crackdown on Illegal Immigrants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I believe that a person should enter a country legally, not illegally then cause the country they escape to to go broke which is what is happening in various states. Arizona appeared to be the only state doing anything about the ongoing problem but this breaking news seems to show otherwise:

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Supreme Court on Monday struck down most of Arizona crackdown on illegal immigration.

But the court said that one part of the law requiring police to check the status of someone they suspect is not in the United States legally could go forward. Even there, though, the justices said the provision could be subject to additional legal challenges.

www.wtop.com...

I can see how an American who appears to be of Mexican ancestry could be bothered by the racial profiling that comes with these status checks, but it's a fact that illegal immigration has reached epic proportions and something must be done about it.

I'm Canadian, and can see both sides on this isssue but at the end of the day this appears to be a federal problem. If a state tries to toughen it stance, it will only get shot down by the Supreme Court. It's almost as if they want this to be happening.

www.washingtonpost.com...

abcnews.go.com...

The states need to regain control, since their federal counterparts don't seem to care about this issue.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Please add your comments to the existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

join