It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court strikes down key parts of Arizona immigration law

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So, they are deporting ILLEGALS that are going to colleges?
They are deporting those that where brought here as children and now are adults???
Why press the whole selective enforcement of the law then, by 0bama last week?

Geez, didn't think you could play both side of the coin there.

edit on 25-6-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

They are deporting illegals...they have limited resources and have to set priorities on who to deport.

Why do you have a problem with them focusing on illegals that are violent criminals and pose a threat to others???

The fact is that they are enforcing the laws...to claim otherwise is flat out false.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
I disagree that it's a win of any sorts for immigrants, legal or non legal, for that matter any citizens born here that are of hispanic heritage. This will lead to many legal immigrants'/natural born citizens arrests for any possible reason just so that LE can run checks. It still encourages institutional racism.

The best and most common sense thing we can do to fight illegal immigration is to bulk up and stiffen punishment for hiring illegals.

I don't want any laws in my country to make it okay to harass (in any form) my fellow citizens.

I agree...I'm dissapointed the entire thing wasn't struck down.

But the remaining provision isn't free and clear yet...it is still going back to the district court for them to decide how it can or if it can be used.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

The only dodging and deflecting is by you. The OutKast Searcher Shuffle.

When I was there, it was commonly used by the Deputies.
Where it is still being used/practiced may be a different story.
At least I don't try to spin crap in favor of man crushes.

Well maybe you should verify if it is still being used before claiming that they will just continue to use that practice.

Sorry...but you talked out of your ass and you were called on it.

Now continue with the attempted personal attacks because you are mad.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

No, they are not.
ICE doesn't need to target the violent ILLEGALS, as local LE in the form of gang task forces, DEA and ATF handle that part.

I know you are trying so so very hard to defend 0bama and the ILLEGALS, but it is a failure before GO.
As for budgets and man power? I did not know you were part of ICE, the budgeting committee, middle managers or the GSA leads for ICE.

Maybe some of those funds used for Fast and Furious should go to help deport more ILLEGALS.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by macman

The only dodging and deflecting is by you. The OutKast Searcher Shuffle.

When I was there, it was commonly used by the Deputies.
Where it is still being used/practiced may be a different story.
At least I don't try to spin crap in favor of man crushes.

Well maybe you should verify if it is still being used before claiming that they will just continue to use that practice.

Sorry...but you talked out of your ass and you were called on it.

Now continue with the attempted personal attacks because you are mad.

I was very clear in my statement Mr. Semantics. Please go back and re-read.

Who's mad???

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The States do not have a right to over-step their bounds.

Immigration is soley a Federal issue...the States have no say and should have no say into it.

Are you actually implying states have no right,nor power, to dictate who may or may not enter their borders?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Interesting. According to CNN (sorry) the gist of the ruling was that state and local governments do not have the authority to make laws or policy about illegal immigration, because it is a federal matter.

I wonder if that would give legal grounds to the residents of sanctuary cities to sue their city governments for civil rights violations?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

No, they are not.
ICE doesn't need to target the violent ILLEGALS, as local LE in the form of gang task forces, DEA and ATF handle that part.

I know you are trying so so very hard to defend 0bama and the ILLEGALS, but it is a failure before GO.
As for budgets and man power? I did not know you were part of ICE, the budgeting committee, middle managers or the GSA leads for ICE.

Maybe some of those funds used for Fast and Furious should go to help deport more ILLEGALS.

The fact remains that they are ENFORCING all immigration laws.

ICE still has to deport those that are aressted by local cops or the DEA or the ATF...those departments don't have the authority to deport.

And the fact remains that you and others are making false claims that the Federal Government is not enforcing the law. You can't provide one single law that they aren't enforcing.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd

The States do not have a right to over-step their bounds.

Immigration is soley a Federal issue...the States have no say and should have no say into it.

Are you actually implying states have no right,nor power, to dictate who may or may not enter their borders?

Yes.

If you are claiming otherwise...please show me the law that says they can.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
I disagree that it's a win of any sorts for immigrants, legal or non legal, for that matter any citizens born here that are of hispanic heritage. This will lead to many legal immigrants'/natural born citizens arrests for any possible reason just so that LE can run checks. It still encourages institutional racism.

The best and most common sense thing we can do to fight illegal immigration is to bulk up and stiffen punishment for hiring illegals.

I don't want any laws in my country to make it okay to harass (in any form) my fellow citizens.

I agree...I'm dissapointed the entire thing wasn't struck down.

But the remaining provision isn't free and clear yet...it is still going back to the district court for them to decide how it can or if it can be used.

So tell us where you stand on illiegal immigration, Outcast? Where is the line drawn for you? Do you think our country should just have open borders, but still offer the same social programs to all the mostly poor that come here?

Please tell us where you stand. We know you tow the liberal party line, but aee you capable of taking a stand for legal american citizens for their protections or do they hold less imnprtance to you than illegal immigrants? Do you respect other countries immigration laws that are much stricter than ours?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The fact remains that they are ENFORCING all immigration laws.

Actually no, when you selectively enforce it by definition means you are enforcing the laws.

ICE still has to deport those that are aressted by local cops or the DEA or the ATF...those departments don't have the authority to deport.

Ah, so you go from arresting violent ILLEGALS, to now just deporting those violent ILLEGALS. Which is it?

And the fact remains that you and others are making false claims that the Federal Government is not enforcing the law. You can't provide one single law that they aren't enforcing.

Back to this again?
Say it with me "S-E-L-E-C-T-I-V-E E-N-F-O-R-C-E-M-E-N-T" .
What was it that 0bama pushed last week???
Doesn't that mean they aren't enforcing the laws?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Actually no, when you selectively enforce it by definition means you are enforcing the laws.

I assume you meant to say they are not enforcing the law.

So tell me...do police not enforce speed limits because they only selectively enforce them?

Your argument is stupid...sorry.

Setting enforcement priorities is a valid practice. It is done for many laws by many different agencies. It doesn't mean that no laws are being enforced...it means that they are limited resources and priorities need to be set.

You are desperately trying to justify your false claim that Obama isn't enforcing the immigration laws...and you are drowning in your back peddling and re-defining what you meant. You can't show any law that isn't being enforced...but you are too stuborn and egotistical to admit that you are flat out wrong.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
**ATTENTION**

Discussion of members will not be tolerated any longer. It's really getting old and I must advise that you remain on topic or loose your posting privileges.

Known repeat offenders may loose them permanently.

Thank You.

~Tenth
ATS Mod

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Sorry Macman, I guess I was rude to you.

Outcast, can you please answer my qustions above?

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

So tell me...do police not enforce speed limits because they only selectively enforce them?

Been waiting for that arguing point attempt.
The enforcement of traffic laws, CIVIL in nature, unless you exceed the posted limit by 20+ which is then a Criminal Misdemeanor, is decided by the departments and the officer.
Officer discretion is allowed in traffic enforcement, when it fails under the CIVIL traffic code.
Nice try.

Your argument is stupid...sorry.

Oh geez, that really hurts. I may just go cry now.

Setting enforcement priorities is a valid practice. It is done for many laws by many different agencies. It doesn't mean that no laws are being enforced...it means that they are limited resources and priorities need to be set.

More blah blah blah. You stated they were enforcing the laws. Now you give excuses as to why they don't.
Playing both heads and tails now, aren't we????

You are desperately trying to justify your false claim that Obama isn't enforcing the immigration laws...and you are drowning in your back peddling and re-defining what you meant. You can't show any law that isn't being enforced...but you are too stuborn and egotistical to admit that you are flat out wrong.

What was it that 0bama pushed last week? Are you going to avoid this, for the 3rd time now?

Are they deporting those that came here as children, and now are adults, with no criminal history and so on?????
Or...........................did the Man Child leader just push an order for selective enforcement????

The shuffling continues.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Guess it is a giant effort, when caught in a border state, to but the people on a bus and drive a few hours to the border and empty them out.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'm actually shocked, that any US Constitution loving person could be for any law such as this to begin with. Liberty sometimes comes at a hefty price. You can't cry every time you are asked to pay that price. Sometimes that price means a law breaker gets away with their crime.

I can't believe how backwards and brainwashed we are now, so afraid of everything that we sacrifice liberty for security, a deplorable job market for fear of no job market. We cheer the silence of those we don't want to listen to forgetting that we have the ability to turn away from it or oh gosh it may inconvenience me for a short amount of time.

We have let rhetoric destroy us, how sad is that? Words more destructive than bombs, that is how weak we have become.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

You just can't admit you are wrong huh???

Unless you can show me a law that is completely not being enforced....you shouldn't make a claim that there is.

Enforcement priorities is used in many Federal laws...immigration is no exception. Tax laws, drug laws, and yes...immigration laws. They all have enforcement priorities and allow some infractions to slide so they can focus on the larger problems.

Obama isn't alone in doing this...every president creates their own enforcement priorities...that is there job.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join