Supreme Court strikes down key parts of Arizona immigration law

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Just don't expect people to take you seriously.

Hey you said it right here. Now how are we gonna determine if his post is being taking seriously or not Einstein? You gonna post a ATS poll about it?

NO. The only thing you have to go by to see who is getting taken more seriously in this thread at the moment is the stars.

So far your little statement has been proven false and people are taking him seriously.

SAD you can not see that.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

I think anyone with common sense knows that Arizona was trying to protect its citizens and its border.

Arizona doesn't have "citizens"...they have "residents".

And that isn't Arizona's border...it is the United States border.

Common sense...huh???

But feel free to throw out those same two links for a third time.

Those are two different links...nice of you to show how ignorant you are that you don't even read the proof that is offered.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

When the Federal Govt actually enforces the laws

What law are they not enforcing??? You don't seem like you can answer that simple question.

ICE can start by deporting the known ILLEGALS.

They are...at an increased rate under Obama...see my previous posts.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

reply to post by Doom and Gloom

You are absolutely correct, and yet the Federal government is NOT upholding it's own immigration laws.

I'll ask you the same question I asked TheTardis (which he couldn't answer).

What Immigration law is the Federal Government not upholding???

The administrations of Bill Clinton and George W. Bush never provided the kind of leadership or support necessary to effectively secure the border and vigorously enforce our nation’s immigration laws – but at least they did not fight hard against congressional and state initiatives to promote those objectives. Although they did not request adequate funding to support the buildup of the Border Patrol or federal-state law enforcement initiatives, like the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program (SCAAP), they did ultimately sign legislation passed by Congress to fund those programs. President Bush also signed legislation to authorize and fund the construction of border fencing and other barriers; in fact, more than 305 miles of fencing were built in Arizona alone before he left office.

By contrast, President Obama’s administration has proven to be a less than reliable partner in the enforcement of our immigration laws. It has gone so far as to sue the state of Arizona to block implementation of SB 1070, the new state law that would allow law-enforcement officers to determine a person’s immigration status in situations where they otherwise have legitimate grounds to lawfully stop, detain, or arrest that individual.

The administration is also continuing to implement its new “prosecutorial discretion” policy, which gives more latitude to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to decide which illegal immigrants to remove from the U.S. This policy change has the effect of encouraging individuals to continue entering the U.S. illegally.

DHS is attempting to usurp Congress' authority to pass our nation's immigration laws and direct immigration policy with this change. While immigration-related prosecutorial discretion is appropriate in a limited number of cases, DHS does not have the authority to rewrite the law; its responsibility is to enforce immigration laws as written by Congress.

The failure to give border security the priority it deserves is apparent in the president’s budget, too. Indeed, his request for the coming year would further reduce funds for the federal detention of illegal immigrants, as well as the 287(g) program, which allows local law enforcement officials to determine a lawbreaker’s immigration status and help enforce immigration law. He would also severely cut funding for SCAAP, which helps defray the cost of incarcerating criminal illegal immigrants that is borne by localities, as well as Operation Stonegarden, which assists local authorities with operational costs and equipment purchases that contribute to border security. The president’s budget would also eliminate funding for any National Guard presence on the Arizona border.

SOURCE

In other words, despite his innocent expression, shrugged shoulders and protestations to the contrary, Obama could have done something about Arizona's illegal immigration problem early on in his presidency. All he had to do was allocate more resources to patrolling the border in the Grand Canyon State. Trouble is, it was more politically expedient for him to put pressure on Arizona's resources, force the state to take action, then use the decision as a fulcrum for his own liberal agenda.

SOURCE

And yes.. go ahead and knock on the sources of the information. I already know that will be your next tactic.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Those charges have been thrown out of court time after time.

Not that I recall.
I know there are investigations by all the ridiculous ILLEGAL rights groups. Big deal.

I don't put it past Maricopa County to do this...because Arpaio is bordering on mentally challenged...but I doubt it is common practice.

If it works, use it.
You seem to be fine with this process when 0bama and ilk use it. Why not now?
Oh yeah I forgot, because it is always different for Liberals.

ICE has it's own investigations going on...they really don't need to be bothered by every local cop who thinks they are a federal agent...if I were an ICE agent...I would laugh at you too for trying to play Federal agent.

Yep, laughed at, while they should be doing their job.
Never said I was playing ICE agent their. I made 5 good arrests. DUI, drugs, stolen IDs and so on. Really hard working people, who just deserve to be here.
I do love how you place the Fed Agency so high on the pedestal. Because they should not be doing their job huh? Like, I don't know, enforcing Immigration laws?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by hellbjorn012

You are a prime example of why they should get rid of stars and flags.

You look to them to determine what you should believe...and that is sad.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I just listed those not being enforced.
You, as in past, as always, willfully omit parts to push your open borders agenda.

I do gotta say, you are more transparent then the man crush 0bama.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

So what specific law is Obama not enforcing???

According to your sources...they are accusing him of not supporting Arizona's law...and not increasing border enforcement.

I just showed you that he has increased border patrol agents and put drones on the border...you obviously didn't read those sources because you claimed they were the same two links

And Obama not supporting the Arizona law...because it oversteps it's bounds (now backed up by the SCOTUS), is not an example of Obama not enforcing a law.

So...I'll ask again...show me the Federal Law that Obama is currently not enforcing???

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Not that I recall.
I know there are investigations by all the ridiculous ILLEGAL rights groups. Big deal.

www.legalzoom.com...

When the cases reached the district court, Judge Phillip Runyon agreed. Dismissing the charges in an Aug. 12 opinion, he wrote, "The criminal trespass charges against the defendants are unconstitutional attempts to regulate in the area of enforcement of immigration violations," an area in which the federal government "has been found to 'occupy the field.' "

This was the most reported case...and it was dismissed. I really doubt this is common practice in Arizona...or it would be talked about in the media. Especially since this was specifically attempted to be passed in Arizona and defeated.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The Arizona House has defeated a bill that would have made it the only state in the nation to criminalize the presence of illegal immigrants by expanding its trespassing law.

So sorry...but I'm not buying your story.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
So people can enter illegally, a crime, and then the states are forced to use their revenues to support or aid them and cannot do anything about that situation unless they do another crime. And at that point it is back to the US government to care enough to act.

Is that the basics of it?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

reply to post by hellbjorn012

You are a prime example of why they should get rid of stars and flags.

You look to them to determine what you should believe...and that is sad.

Don't be mad that you are in the obvious minority way of thinking.

Nothing like discrediting things when they don't go your way.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

I just listed those not being enforced.
You, as in past, as always, willfully omit parts to push your open borders agenda.

I do gotta say, you are more transparent then the man crush 0bama.

You said they aren't deporting illegal immigrants...and you are wrong.

Obama is deporting at a higher rate than previous Presidents...so it's kind of hard for you to claim that he isn't enforcing the law.

So what law is he completely not enforcing???

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

So what specific law is Obama not enforcing???

According to your sources...they are accusing him of not supporting Arizona's law...and not increasing border enforcement.

I just showed you that he has increased border patrol agents and put drones on the border...you obviously didn't read those sources because you claimed they were the same two links

And Obama not supporting the Arizona law...because it oversteps it's bounds (now backed up by the SCOTUS), is not an example of Obama not enforcing a law.

So...I'll ask again...show me the Federal Law that Obama is currently not enforcing???

Be realistic for a second or I am off and on to another thread. I am not going to prolong your fantasy of making this another 35 page thread where you keep repeating the same things over and over again. You know as well as anyone on here that no one is going to come up with a specific law that they are not enforcing. You know as well as anyone that the federal governments resources are limited and Arizona is trying to bridge that gap with their own resources. My question to you is this. Why Arizona? Other states including my own have passed similar laws to Arizona yet Obama doesn't seem to care about them. I believe Georgia did it and one of the states even has it to where they can ask for their papers if they are stopped for not wearing a seat belt. So why Arizona? A larger illegal voter base maybe? Stop looking through those liberal Obama loving glasses for a second and think about it. What is so bad about Arizona helping enforce the exact same laws that are already on the federal books? And why are other states allowed to?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You do realize your nifty legal zoom link was for NH, right?
No where did it talk about the AZ state Court, 9th circuit court or Supreme Court.
It was between the State and the Mexican Consulate.

As for the Huffington post as a source????
Well, lets use the OutKast Searcher way of like and just discredit them, because it's not Fox news and all....

And what story is that??? HHMMMM??? I told you of one of the ways the Deputies go about something.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

So, they are deporting ILLEGALS that are going to colleges?
They are deporting those that where brought here as children and now are adults???
Why press the whole selective enforcement of the law then, by 0bama last week?

Geez, didn't think you could play both side of the coin there.
edit on 25-6-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I disagree that it's a win of any sorts for immigrants, legal or non legal, for that matter any citizens born here that are of hispanic heritage. This will lead to many legal immigrants'/natural born citizens arrests for any possible reason just so that LE can run checks. It still encourages institutional racism.

The best and most common sense thing we can do to fight illegal immigration is to bulk up and stiffen punishment for hiring illegals.

I don't want any laws in my country to make it okay to harass (in any form) my fellow citizens.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

You know as well as anyone on here that no one is going to come up with a specific law that they are not enforcing.

Well then maybe people should stop claiming that they aren't enforcing the immigration laws.

Know your facts before you make the claim.

My question to you is this. Why Arizona?

They were the first...and all you have to do is focus on them. Once the decision comes down on them...the courts have a prescedence to strike down the others. You only have to bring one to the SCOTUS for the others to fall.

What is so bad about Arizona helping enforce the exact same laws that are already on the federal books?

Because Immigration is a federal issue...not a State issue.

And why are other states allowed to?

They aren't...and this decision will be used to strike down any similar laws in other states...that is how the judicial system works.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Oh yeah. You forgot to include this in your article quotes.
Harding working people right? Deserving of being here due to crossing a desert and dealing with harsh conditions.

What a great representative you offer.

"Ramirez, who speaks very little English, offered false identification documents, including a phony Massachusetts driver's license with an incorrect Social Security Number and no state seal. His only valid form of identification was a Mexican driver's license. Ramirez admitted he was in the country illegally, and that he worked for a construction company in the nearby town of Jaffrey, and lived in Waltham, Massachusetts. He was only passing through New Ipswich."

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

No where did it talk about the AZ state Court, 9th circuit court or Supreme Court.

Well, lets use the OutKast Searcher way of like and just discredit them, because it's not Fox news and all....

And what story is that??? HHMMMM??? I told you of one of the ways the Deputies go about something.

Dodge and deflect because you were shown to be wrong.

Like I said...I'm not buying your story that this is common practice in Arizona.

I'm sure you can dig up some court decisions if it is such common practice...can't you???

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Dodge and deflect because you were shown to be wrong.

Like I said...I'm not buying your story that this is common practice in Arizona.

I'm sure you can dig up some court decisions if it is such common practice...can't you???

The only dodging and deflecting is by you. The OutKast Searcher Shuffle.

When I was there, it was commonly used by the Deputies.
Where it is still being used/practiced may be a different story.
At least I don't try to spin crap in favor of man crushes.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join