It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court strikes down key parts of Arizona immigration law

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This is a letter going around on the internet. www.investorvillage.com...

On Becoming Illegal.
You'll love this!

FORMS ARE GOING FAST- SIGN UP TODAY!
Becoming Illegal
(Actual letter from an Oregon resident sent to his senator, The Honorable Mr. Wyden)
731 Hart Senate Office Building
Phone (202) 224 3254
Washington DC 20510

Dear Senator Wyden,

As a native Oregonian and excellent customer of the Internal Revenue Service, I am writing to ask for your assistance. I have contacted the Department of Homeland Security in an effort to determine the process for becoming an illegal alien and they referred me to you.

My primary reason for wishing to change my status from U.S. Citizen to illegal alien stems from the bill which was recently passed by the Senate and for which you voted. If my understanding of this bill is accurate, as an illegal alien who has been in the United States for five years, all I need to do to become a citizen is to pay a $2,000 fine and income taxes for only three of the last five years. I know a good deal when I see one and I am anxious to get the process started before everyone figures it out.
Simply put, those of us who have been here legally have had to pay taxes every year so I'm excited about the prospect of avoiding two years of taxes in return for paying a $2,000 fine. Is there any way that I can apply to be illegal retroactively? This would yield an excellent result for me and my family because we paid heavy taxes in 2004 and 2005.

Additionally, as an illegal alien I could begin using the local emergency room as my primary health care provider. Once I have stopped paying premiums for medical insurance, my accountant figures I could save almost $10,000 a year.

Another benefit in gaining illegal status would be that my daughter would receive preferential treatment relative to her law school applications, as well as 'in-state' tuition rates for many colleges throughout the United States for my son.

Lastly, I understand that illegal status would relieve me of the burden of renewing my driver's license and making those burdensome car insurance premiums. This is very important to me, given that I still have college age children driving my car.
If you would provide me with an outline of the process to become illegal (retroactively if possible) and copies of the necessary forms, I would be most appreciative. Thank you for your assistance

Your Loyal Constituent, (hoping to reach 'illegal alien' status rather than just a bonafide citizen of the USA )
Dale B Rilyeu
Lebanon, OR
Get your Forms (NOW)!!
Call your Internal Revenue Service at 1-800-829-1040

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
Additionally, as an illegal alien I could begin using the local emergency room as my primary health care provider. Once I have stopped paying premiums for medical insurance, my accountant figures I could save almost $10,000 a year.

His accountant is a complete moron then. Hospitals bill you, you know?
Getting treated in the ER is not free.

This letter writer is a complete moron. He is asking to become an illegal alien because he wants the benefits that he hears illegals get when they BECOME a citizen. So how is he going to get those benefits by becoming illegal if illegals have to become citizens in order to get them?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Not concerned with the past enforcement.

Then you cannot talk about how Obama changed things.

Deflect and attack is blatant.

Sentence fragments aside, are you attempting to accuse me of attacking and deflecting?
Cool. Lay those out for me.

The laws are not being enforced.

Any more or any less than they were before?
Right, you do not even care.

0bama just pushed last week that some ILLEGALS will be allowed to stay, thus circumventing current law.

Which is NO DIFFERENT THAN THE WAY IT WAS BEFORE YOU EVER HEARD OF OBAMA, YOU JUST DONT CARE.

And we have.........drum roll........................Selective Enforcement of the Law.
SO, all laws are not being enforced.

Just like when Bush was president and Clinton and so on before that.

No amount of Semantics is going to spin this into what it is not.

But you keep trying anyway?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

This letter writer is a complete moron. He is asking to become an illegal alien because he wants the benefits that he hears illegals get when they BECOME a citizen. So how is he going to get those benefits by becoming illegal if illegals have to become citizens in order to get them?

Well it was written with sarcasm to the whole immigrant issue, and actually if you go to the hospital, say you are sick and don't give them any information on you, like a drivers license, or social security number, they still have to treat you. So....free healthcare services. And no, the writer is asking to become an illegal alien with the new benefits that Obama just offered them, which is if some illegals have been here 5 years and show good faith in our laws (minus the very important living here illegally or using illegal ss #!) they can stay here, but note that he did not say they could become citizens.

Reread it. Or don't. It was tongue in cheek, but maybe you don't have a sense of irony.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Well it was written with sarcasm to the whole immigrant issue, and actually if you go to the hospital, say you are sick and don't give them any information on you, like a drivers license, or social security number, they still have to treat you.

Then it was pisspoor sarcasm at best because it failed miserably. What you wrote is a complete fallacy. No hospital is obligated to treat you because you "say" you are sick. People are thrown out of hospitals every day for lack of ability to pay. The ER is not healthcare.

So....free healthcare services.

No, no free healthcare. If that were true, we would all be enjoying it. It is really easy to leave your ID at home. Do you do that and play John Doe when you get treated or is that actually a bad idea?

And no, the writer is asking to become an illegal alien with the new benefits that Obama just offered them, which is if some illegals have been here 5 years and show good faith in our laws (minus the very important living here illegally or using illegal ss #!) they can stay here, but note that he did not say they could become citizens.

That is exactly what he said.

This is a letter going around on the internet. www.investorvillage.com...

.... If my understanding of this bill is accurate, as an illegal alien who has been in the United States for five years, all I need to do to become a citizen is to pay a $2,000 fine and income taxes for only three of the last five years. I know a good deal when I see one and I am anxious to get the process started before everyone figures it out....

Didn't you read it?

Reread it. Or don't. It was tongue in cheek, but maybe you don't have a sense of irony.

You re-read it and see if you can get it straight this time. Then define irony and point it out in this letter because I know what it means and I see none here.
edit on 28-6-2012 by habitforming because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by habitforming

prove it ... cause this is illegal

People are thrown out of hospitals every day for lack of ability to pay

The ER is not healthcare.
no, it provides healthcare, supposedly, in an emergent form
IF and when ppl are turned away, it is never for a financial reason unless the hospital is "privately" owned.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

prove it ... cause this is illegal

I already did with a link and everything. None of you seemed to be able to read it. Now is your chance, hotshot.

no, it provides healthcare,

No the ER does not provide healthcare.

supposedly, in an emergent form
IF and when ppl are turned away, it is never for a financial reason unless the hospital is "privately" owned.

I only know privately owned hospitals where I live but hey, not a problem right?

Go back to my link and refute it and then I have several more for you.

edit on 29-6-2012 by habitforming because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Then you cannot talk about how Obama changed things.

How so, I did not see where you were made king of the world.

Sentence fragments aside, are you attempting to accuse me of attacking and deflecting?
Cool. Lay those out for me.

Yes, ok then.

Really, back to blaming Bush again?
So, with that said, if that is what your falling back on, just shows that the laws are not being enforced.
If Bush enforced 80%, and 0bama is just carrying the water, then all laws are not being enforced.
I forget though, who is in charge right now?

Which is NO DIFFERENT THAN THE WAY IT WAS BEFORE YOU EVER HEARD OF OBAMA, YOU JUST DONT CARE.

So, Hope and Change was a lie as well.
At least you admit that 0bama is a liar.
And.......that by default, all the laws are not being enforced.
You are wrong, I do care. I want all laws enforced, that I care about.
I don't care about ILLEGALS.

Just like when Bush was president and Clinton and so on before that.

Precedent set, and so what? Again, fourth time now with you proving that all laws are not being enforced. Your making this very easy for me.

But you keep trying anyway?

You keep telling yourself that.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
How so, I did not see where you were made king of the world.
I never said you may not. It was a statement of ability. Perhaps you think you can but when it is read and the logic falls all apart, it is clear you cannot.

Yes, ok then.

Really, back to blaming Bush again?

What? I never even mentioned Bush.

So, with that said, if that is what your falling back on, just shows that the laws are not being enforced.
If Bush enforced 80%, and 0bama is just carrying the water, then all laws are not being enforced.
I forget though, who is in charge right now?

No, that is not what I am falling back on so best put them prepared remarks back in your pocket.

So, Hope and Change was a lie as well.
At least you admit that 0bama is a liar.
And.......that by default, all the laws are not being enforced.
You are wrong, I do care. I want all laws enforced, that I care about.
I don't care about ILLEGALS.

You really do not get it. This is not a choice of illegals or not. It is the same question of prioritization that exists all throughout law enforcement. This is why I am asking about when it was ever 100%. You are caught up on your 'blame bush' defense. We can go back much farther than Bush.

You just do not seem to understand anything you read. I really hope that this helps.

Precedent set, and so what? Again, fourth time now with you proving that all laws are not being enforced. Your making this very easy for me.

What laws have I admitted are not being enforced again?
I am not sure you know what a precedent is.

You keep telling yourself that.

Clever. Rubber and glue next?
Hey, did you perhaps understand my point this time around? I doubt you got anything from the talking people in your radio and on your tv so you are going to have to use your noodle.

Tell me something. How would it be possible for all laws to be enforced to enforced as you see it? Or is it just the laws you care about? How about the laws I care about?
edit on 29-6-2012 by habitforming because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

really ?? don't see any such link on the page (since the letter appeared), care to share?

No the ER does not provide healthcare
yes i know, they provide emergent medical interventions (
) - pc enough ??

I only know privately owned hospitals where I live but hey, not a problem right?
typical. the policy i referenced involves public (county) hospitals and i said so.
just curious here but i'm guessing you don't see too many illegals in your "private" hospitals, do you?

any one of them will do.
btw, i don't fish on demand

you want me to review it, post it current as this conversation seems to be moving forward and so am i.

edit on 30-6-2012 by Honor93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

) - pc enough ??

I need to know what this has to do with being politically correct. I do not get it? They are two different things, not two different terms for the same thing. You know that different things are different, right?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Of course you get bills from the ER. And then , if you do not pay it, your costs get shifted to other paying patients and you walk away. ER departments are mandated to care for illegals (everyone for that matter) by EMTLA but they have no recourse for payment if someone blows off the bill.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

really ?? don't see any such link on the page (since the letter appeared), care to share?

) - pc enough ??

typical. the policy i referenced involves public (county) hospitals and i said so.
just curious here but i'm guessing you don't see too many illegals in your "private" hospitals, do you?

any one of them will do.
btw, i don't fish on demand

you want me to review it, post it current as this conversation seems to be moving forward and so am i.

edit on 30-6-2012 by Honor93 because: (no reason given)

Okay. Let's see if I can input my physician experience in here. According to the EMTLA act, EVERY ER is mandated to see patients in the US...private, public, university...it does not matter. If you want to keep your certification you must see everyone in the ER. ER's do provide primary care, not just emergent services. I have seen rashes ("It's been there for a week." "Why did you not go to your primary?" "I just decided to get it seen tonight.") and constipation and various other non-emergent cases in the ER. That is why waits can be horrible in the ER. We cannot refuse treatment based on wether a complaint is emergent or non-emergent. In various ER's I've been to, from northern Virginia to Michigan, the illegals use the ER as a primary care physician because they know they cannot be turned away and, even if they actually provide truthful contact information, which most do not, the hospital has no real teeth to get them to pay their bills.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

So we don't need ObamaCare.

Everyone has mandatory care at the Emergency Room.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by NavyDoc

So we don't need ObamaCare.

Everyone has mandatory care at the Emergency Room.

We don't need Obama Care because government mandates like EMTLA increase the cost of care and further government mandates like Obama Care will make matters worse, not better. Governmental interference, mandates, and regualtion have caused this problem in the first place and it often befuddles me when people go to the very people who caused the problem in the first place for a solution.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Laura Ingraham sees a 2 tiered healthcare system.

If you are rich, you will get the very best care immediately.

If you are poor then you will be thrown into an ObamaCare pit. You better hope

that the - death panel- smiles at you or they will send you home with a pain pill.

-----------
Take a number just like the Canadian Health Care system.

--------

Another option is Medical Tourism.

Fly to Mexico or India for healthcare so you won't have to wait.

---------
The best option is to repeal and replace ObamaCare.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

What the # do you think happens now?
Show me a poor person that gets the same health care as a rich person.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

And in the Soviet Union, party members got better care than non-party members and the party leaders got the best care of all. There will always be discrepancies in any system, but the free market provides the best to the most for the least expense.

Secondly, the myth that poor people are dying in droves due to lack of care is unfounded. You may have some debt to manage, but anyone can get the best care in the world in the US right now. The issue is not that people are refused care, but who will pay for that care.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

ObamaCare just makes everything worse and grows the size of government.

It also paralyses small business owners.

They refused to even address tort reform because Obama is in bed with the

trial lawyers.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

And in the Soviet Union, party members got better care than non-party members and the party leaders got the best care of all. There will always be discrepancies in any system, but the free market provides the best to the most for the least expense.

Reality says otherwise. The US pays the most for the least when it comes to healthcare. More nationalized healthcare is much cheaper.

You are saying things that are not even remotely true. Who told them to you?

Secondly, the myth that poor people are dying in droves due to lack of care is unfounded. You may have some debt to manage, but anyone can get the best care in the world in the US right now. The issue is not that people are refused care, but who will pay for that care.

You are either full of # or insane. No, not anyone can get the best care in the world right now. Come to my father's grave with me sometime so I can tell you all about how he died because he was too poor to afford treatment.

Nothing in your post is true but it sure sounds like GOP talking points. Get your #ing head out of the sand and stop repeating lies people tell you to keep you in check.

How many poor people have been diagnosed with and then died from AIDS in the same time period since Magic Johnson found out he had it?
edit on 30-6-2012 by habitforming because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join