It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court strikes down key parts of Arizona immigration law

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Still waiting for the "Well, your just a racist" response.

You seem obsessed with wanting people to call you a racist.

Is there a reason for this???

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

funny thing is, although they firmly believe otherwise, the Feds just don't have that leverage.
as each day passes, TX and MT just don't seem like they're as likely to be first to secede.

Oh...I love when people talk about States seceding...I would love to see one of them try.

Who do you think will invade them first...the Drug Cartels, Russia, or China???

That is assuming that the United States itself doesn't squash the non-sense from the very start.

the Fed operates under the consent of the collective states, not the other way around.

I think the Civil War kind of decided otherwise.

Sorry...but I live in reality.

this isn't worthy a response as you've obviously never read it.

Sure I have...that is why I am laughing at you.

NDAA does not give a county sheriff the authority to indefinately detain anyone.

So silly.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

how much you "betting" ?? i could use a windfall this month

yes, it was opened in my presence.
no, it was not discussed at that moment cause he was too busy celebrating.
yes, we discussed the issue several days before the check arrived because mixed mail is a daily event around here.
no, he didn't tell me he was illegal, the landlord did. (2yrs ago)
and yes, you are close but not close enough to float any boats.

Seems like that story would have made way more sense in the beginning. Now it is full of things that contradict how you started out.

Like this, for example.

Your American landlord knowingly rents to illegals and you are not mad at him, you are mad at them?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

the homeowner has no need or reason to "lie" or exaggerate or ask our opinion about our willingness to reside next to said persons.
what's the matter ?? are you gonna ask for "proof" next ??
even if, how or why would anyone provide "proof" that they are illegal ??

Your landlord could be
wrong.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Did or Did Not 0bama just push selective enforcement of the Laws?

NO.

Are you suggesting the deportation rate was 100% before Obama?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

ok, perhaps i mis-read the initial posting, my apology.
i still don't see what legal immigrants have to do with this conversation.

ppl who are coming here, even "legally", should be held to an American language standard.
my opinion of that doesn't change.

actually, your focus is misaligned from the onset as this topic is not about legal immigration.
perhaps, you'd care to address the topic at hand ??

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I would love to see one of them try. Who do you think will invade them first...the Drug Cartels, Russia, or China???
it's been working just fine for southern florida for nearly a decade now.
are you unfamiliar with the Conch Republic and how it came to be ??
not just tourists from those countries visit, but some are citizens.

That is assuming that the United States itself doesn't squash the non-sense from the very start.
they tried, with armed blockade and everything but as usual, the Feds failed

oh, the civil war, comparing one treasonist to another eh ?
well, with any luck, history will repeat itself and deal with this traitor as was the other.
this thread isn't about the NDAA so discuss that elsewhere but do read it first

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by habitforming

Your American landlord knowingly rents to illegals and you are not mad at him, you are mad at them?
anger is a wasted emotion when it has no outlet and in a sanctuary city (if you actually read ANY of my posts] there is no one to "report" it to, no one will act.

what you fail to realize is in a sanctuary city, illegals have no need to hide, they are well aware there is no recourse for their actions.

in a tourist town that hosts upward of millions per annum, the duty of ICE is boycotted in favor of profits.
your mistake is assuming that the functions of one American city applies to all of them.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

it's been working just fine for southern florida for nearly a decade now.
are you unfamiliar with the Conch Republic and how it came to be ??
not just tourists from those countries visit, but some are citizens.

OH PLEASE STOP...PLEASE....it's just too much.

oh, the civil war, comparing one treasonist to another eh ?
well, with any luck, history will repeat itself and deal with this traitor as was the other.

Are you suggesting that Obama is a traitor???

And who was the traitor in the civil war???

this thread isn't about the NDAA so discuss that elsewhere but do read it first

Ummm...you brought it up.

But of course...now that you look foolish for claiming a county sheriff can use the NDAA...you want to stop talking about it.

Understandable...but it would be easier if you just said you were wrong and don't know what you are talking about.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Are you suggesting that Obama is a traitor???
And who was the traitor in the civil war???
yep, since before the day his nomination was arranged and long before the election.
who was the POTUS that militarily invaded the states ??
oh yeah, that traitor, Lincoln.

just because the subject is mentioned is no excuse to derail a valid thread.
you want to discuss it, start a thread about it.

i never claimed "a county sheriff can use the NDAA", you did.
i merely suggested that Arpaio might be chomping at the bit to exercise his newly crafted authority.

and, fyi, any LEO can detain a suspect under the provisions (currenly on hold) of NDAA.
read it again.

btw, you still have yet to explain why you seem to think the law of Federal Tresspass doesn't apply to illegal immigrants. especially those hiding in National park regions.

immigration may be one issue, but tresspassing on US territory is certainly another.
and, depending on the location, that tresspass could also be a prosecutable Federal crime.

here, since you think the Conch Republic is a joke ... read about it for yourself, i lived it.
www.conchrepublic.com...

edit on 26-6-2012 by Honor93 because: add txt

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

anger is a wasted emotion when it has no outlet and in a sanctuary city (if you actually read ANY of my posts] there is no one to "report" it to, no one will act.

You do not read English too well do you?
You spent plenty of time expressing your anger towards illegals.
Why do you have none for the American traitors that actually fight against you to HELP ILLEGALS TAKE YOUR AMERICAN THINGS?
Some American family is homeless tonight. Feel bad that your landlord is letting illegals take that spot?

what you fail to realize is in a sanctuary city, illegals have no need to hide, they are well aware there is no recourse for their actions.

What you fail to realize is that I do not give a #. My point is about your American landlord knowingly giving them a place to live, you know HELPING THEM STAY HERE ILLEGALLY.

i

n a tourist town that hosts upward of millions per annum, the duty of ICE is boycotted in favor of profits.
your mistake is assuming that the functions of one American city applies to all of them.

Again, I do not give a #. None of that has anything to do with what I asked.
Let me try making it more simple.

Why are you wasting all this time railing against illegal immigrants when your American Landlord is selling out his own country right in front of you? Where would those illegals be if no one gave them a place to live? Go on and rail against people just because they want to live indoors and keep overlooking the American landlord you have selling your own ass out from under you.

Considering the topic and your opinion about it, next time you reply to me see if you can appear to understand English. It really detracts from your entire argument to see you struggling with the language so.
edit on 26-6-2012 by habitforming because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

my personal anger toward specific illegals is what ??
it doesn't change the issue.

Why do you have none for the American traitors that actually fight against you to HELP ILLEGALS TAKE YOUR AMERICAN THINGS?
what does this have to do with the topic of this thread ??

Some American family is homeless tonight. Feel bad that your landlord is letting illegals take that spot?
i feel bad about the things i can impact/change.
feeling bad that my landlord is profiting from a bad decision is wasted energy because i cannot act on those feelings or effect change.
[in plain english, i've chosen my battles and this isn't one i can impact]

if you do not give a #, why are you responding at all, let alone to me specifically?

My point is about your American landlord knowingly giving them a place to live, you know HELPING THEM STAY HERE ILLEGALLY
if you believe you can change it, feel free to apply yourself.
i am not happy about the situation but i'm not about to waste precious energy fighting a losing battle.

do you know why sanctuary cities came to be ??
yes, i chose to live here, so i deal with it to the best of my ability.
once upon a time, i thought it was a good idea, then i lived it and learned otherwise.

Why are you wasting all this time railing against illegal immigrants when your American Landlord is selling out his own country right in front of you? Where would those illegals be if no one gave them a place to live? Go on and rail against people just because they want to live indoors and keep overlooking the American landlord you have selling your own ass out from under you.
because my landlord isn't "doing" anything of the sort.
the politicians (of which she is not) created this monster, we deal with it.
what point is there to making waves when no "authority" will respond ??

i cannot force the PD to respond any more than i can force ICE to do its job.
and apparently, AZ can't either.

as for those illegals with a place to live ? ... without, they'd likely be at the corner gardenparty where all the others who are currently homeless hang out. what's your point here, really ??

sorry for your lack of understanding, hopefully it is crystal clear now

if you are still confused, research the concept of sanctuary cities and then offer a suggestion and perhaps some proper action could ensue. without removing the "sanctuary" of this city, what other options exist ??

in case you are still not getting it, short of eliminating them myself, there is no other recourse, here. and, imho, that (no recourse here) needs to change but Obama policies aren't helping matters one bit.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Actually..the SCOTUS showed that Arizona tried to pass some unconstitutional laws...and smacked them down.

So, it is the job of the SCOTUS then, to regulate and hand down law. So, 0bama should not have instructed Napalatino to have DHS/ICE withhold services? Which is it. Is 0bama above all the issues, and the ONE, or is he a Man Child throwing a tantrum??

The provision that was upheld was done so because it is current practice in every state in the nation. The only difference is that Governor Jan Brewer is going to legally require police officers to waste time by trying to confirm legal status. Obama knows this is going to flood his already busy ICE agents...so he is telling them to not waste their time in participating in Jan Brewers witch hunts.

So it is a waste of time, to investigate to the fullest??? I guess only when it benefits the Liberal Base, huh?
But, let's WASTE time and investigate other things, like Bush and Cheney and so on. Your priorities seem so far out of synch.

ICE will continue to do their job without the annoyance of local cops that don't know what they are doing.

So, Local LE is an annoyance to the Big mighty Fed Govt. How very elitist in your thought. I do love the fact you deem that Local LEO don't know what they are doing. What a great blanket statement from someone that preaches from such a high pedestal.

You have yet to show a law that isn't being enforced...so yes...all laws are being enforced.

You deflections are getting more and more tired.
What is it that 0bama just pushed for last week? I know you want it to just go away in the post, but it won't.
Just say it. You know that by stating it, your whole argument falls to pieces.
What new policy was pushed last week?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

Still waiting for the "Well, your just a racist" response.

You seem obsessed with wanting people to call you a racist.

Is there a reason for this???

That is always the final straw from the Liberal arguing point. Just trying to help you get there, since that is the direction this is going.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Really???So the new policy doesn't allow certain ILLEGALS to stay?? Are you sure. Might want to go back and research it.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

But after hearing it so much in your life, you must start to wonder.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous404
reply to post by macman

But after hearing it so much in your life, you must start to wonder.

Nope, no need to wonder. Haven't been called that except here, but just a few members. Not really all to worried about internet tough guys. Real world, real interactions prove otherwise.

Nice try though.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Really???So the new policy doesn't allow certain ILLEGALS to stay?? Are you sure. Might want to go back and research it.

Maybe you cannot read?
I am not sure what you saw but let me repost it for you.

Originally posted by habitforming

NO.

Please answer the question.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

my personal anger toward specific illegals is what ??
it doesn't change the issue.

OK?

what does this have to do with the topic of this thread ??

What do Americans that harbor illegal aliens have to do with this thread? What does it not have to do with it?

i feel bad about the things i can impact/change.

You can turn your neighbors and your landlord in.

feeling bad that my landlord is profiting from a bad decision is wasted energy because i cannot act on those feelings or effect change.
[in plain english, i've chosen my battles and this isn't one i can impact]

Sure you can. Pick up the phone; Easy-peasy.
You have already spent a lot of time yapping about it on ATS.

if you do not give a #, why are you responding at all, let alone to me specifically?

I specifically pointed out the one thing I did not give a # about. I am sorry you did not understand.

] if you believe you can change it, feel free to apply yourself.
i am not happy about the situation but i'm not about to waste precious energy fighting a losing battle.

All I need is their address.

do you know why sanctuary cities came to be ??
yes, i chose to live here, so i deal with it to the best of my ability.
once upon a time, i thought it was a good idea, then i lived it and learned otherwise.

Then why are you whining about it so much online? If you have accepted it, shut the hell up about it.

] because my landlord isn't "doing" anything of the sort.
the politicians (of which she is not) created this monster, we deal with it.
what point is there to making waves when no "authority" will respond ??

What? So he is not knowingly renting to illegal aliens now? Your whole story is based around him admitting this to you.

i cannot force the PD to respond any more than i can force ICE to do its job.
and apparently, AZ can't either.

Again, so why put so much energy into crying about it here? What does that do for you?

as for those illegals with a place to live ? ... without, they'd likely be at the corner gardenparty where all the others who are currently homeless hang out. what's your point here, really ??

Well it kind of seems like you failed to read what I wrote because I am not really sure what you are asking me here.

sorry for your lack of understanding, hopefully it is crystal clear now

if you are still confused, research the concept of sanctuary cities and then offer a suggestion and perhaps some proper action could ensue. without removing the "sanctuary" of this city, what other options exist ??

Sure thing. I have some advice for you right off the top of my head. Use all the time and energy you expend on it here and go do your own research and do something. Your landlord is a traitor to this country. You know it and just let it happen. You even pay this man money. Unless you act, why whine?

in case you are still not getting it, short of eliminating them myself, there is no other recourse, here. and, imho, that (no recourse here) needs to change but Obama policies aren't helping matters one bit.

OK, keep supporting your traitorous landlord and writing post after post about it online. Eventually....nothing will change but you will have wasted a chunk of your life complaining about it.
Cheers.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Maybe you cannot read?
I am not sure what you saw but let me repost it for you.

NO.

Please answer the question.

Not concerned with the past enforcement.
Deflect and attack is blatant.

The laws are not being enforced. 0bama just pushed last week that some ILLEGALS will be allowed to stay, thus circumventing current law. And we have.........drum roll........................Selective Enforcement of the Law.
SO, all laws are not being enforced.

No amount of Semantics is going to spin this into what it is not.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join