It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court strikes down key parts of Arizona immigration law

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
here is a related article:

theintelhub.com...
Title: Obama Administration Ends States Right to Enforce Immigration Laws, ICE Mostly Won’t Respond

it appears that there is a concerted effort to slap the States into wimpish submission
the States to hold out the longest will get their skies filled with privacy invasion Drones first is my take on the situation

with other sanctions to follow...
edit on 26-6-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Obama is only deporting what he and the Justice Dept. term criminal aliens. Last summer in a Justice Department directive he stopped all deportations of non criminal illegal immigrants. Moreover, as far as I know, there have been very few if any prosecutions of the employers of illegal immigrants which is really the critical part in any scheme to stop illegal immigration.There is no longer a positive inflow of Mexican illegals because our economy stinks, however they are still coming from other places where conditions are relatively worse than they are here and in Mexico. With The Justice Dept. directive of 2011, you can expect illegal immigration to be on the increase again if the economy improves.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by macman

You already admitted everything needs to go through ICE...I'm not sure why you are still trying to defend your original position of police just being able to deport them in an easy, simple way.

I never said Local, County or State LEO can deport. Are you really this thick, that all you have left is spin?

Did or Did Not 0bama just push selective enforcement of the Laws?
Did or Did Not Napolitano just issue a statement that they will not take calls from AZ?

Selective Enforcement of the laws is not enforcing the laws.

I will wait to read your attorney style retort.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Because that is his job...to set priorities so the law is enforced to it's fullest potential using the resources that are available.

So, selective enforcement. Thanks. So, all laws are not enforced. Either by 0bama driven policy or blind eye.

Again...name the certain law that is never going to be enforced...you can't...because it doesn't exist.

Already did. Your man crush seems to have defined what won't be enforced last week.

So I guess everyone is guilty of not enforcing the laws...stupid cops...wish they would do their job.

Mr. Alinsky, please stay on topic. Has nothing to do with Police.
The Stupid Cop comment seems to shed light into your background and way of thinking.

I'm trying to show you that this is done at every level because resources are limited.

I don't need lessons in this from you.
Plus, all your statement is, is an excuse for 0bama and the fact he is pushing for no enforcement via his policy push last week.

I shouldn't have to show you this...because it is common sense...but you dont' seem to be able to see it so I have to demonstrate it to you.

Uh noes, OutKast seems to have sat on an even higher pedestal. Not surprised.
So, with your supernatural ability to read other peoples hearts, you are also bestowed with the enlightened ability to grant other special knowledge, that only you hold.
Wow, you are full of yourself.
You have yet to demonstrate anything but arrogance.
edit on 26-6-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Yep, Hope and Change, Transparency and working together.

Except those States that go against 0bama. Those states will be attacked, without remorse.

Hope and Change, Change and Hope.

edit on 26-6-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

What kind of leader tells the people of a state that if he doesn’t get his way then they must be punished by breaking vital contracts that are needed for their defense? What a statement that is- so telling of his true feelings for good American citizens. How can some people refuse to see this man’s utter arrogance & self-absorbed behavior?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellbjorn012
reply to post by macman

What kind of leader tells the people of a state that if he doesn’t get his way then they must be punished by breaking vital contracts that are needed for their defense? What a statement that is- so telling of his true feelings for good American citizens. How can some people refuse to see this man’s utter arrogance & self-absorbed behavior?

Blind allegiance, plain and simple.

The fact that they can't stray from what they have always done.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

well ok, how 'bout one good reason why those family members who are waiting, aren't making an effort to learn the Native language of the country in which they expect to travel ???

Many reasons. But the biggest reason is that it is not mandatory.

Americans are expected to speak conversationel foreign languages in grade school, whether they travel abroad or not. why shouldn't foreigners make the effort and be held to an American standard ??

Please tell me the American standard.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
So this part that was upheld says police can somehow "determine" immigration status while "enforcing" another law ?

Maybe a law that says not stopping completely at a stop sign applies ?

And, if they ask for immigration "papers" and the "suspect" has none, then police can "detain" until status is verified ?

Am I seeing this correctly ?

Yes, the main part of the law was upheld by the SCOTUS unanimously.

The sheriffs say they will detain the illegal aliens and then - dump - them

at ICE.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

Actually...Obama put a stop to that by directing ICE to no longer take inquires from AZ law enforcement on legal status.

So the law still stands, which the SCOTUS agreed was constitutional, but the President has refused to uphold the law. Who is breaking the law now? The President and all his illegal supporters. His role as executive is to enforce the laws. To do so knowing that in doing so is destroying the nation, is IMO highly treasonous.

How is Obama not enforcing the law???

ICE will still operate in Arizona, they will have their own investigations and do their own deportations. Obama just decided he isn't going to have them participate in a system that has a very good chance of becoming abused with racial profiling.

All Obama did was put Jan Brewer in her place and sent a message to other States....cooperation is a two way street...if you don't cooperate with us, we won't cooperate with you.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by LDragonFire

actually, i think Sherrif Joe is just chomping at the bit to exercise the newly imposed NDAA indefinite detention provisions that will be well within his reach.
he doesn't need to deport them, just detain them for extended periods of time and maybe they'll leave voluntarily.

Sheriff Arpaio has no authority to use NDAA.

NDAA is a Federal Law that outlines powers the Federal government has...not a County Sheriff.

But hey...Maybe Arpaio will be indefinitely detained...would anyone really mind that???

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Whether or not Obama is doing a good job at deporting is mute. Personally from all the people dying just south of the border I would venture to say someones doing a fair job of keeping it from spreading here. However, jobs wise someones not doing their job at all. Working on machinery throughout the furniture industry I have encountered people I would suspect that are illegals that have continued to work uninhibited for sometimes years.

My wife is a legal immigrant whom i married abroad. After 4 years of heartache,worry,frustration and stacks of paperwork she is granted stay for 10 years. I would venture to say making it less difficult to immigrate would stifle a large amount of illegal entree as well as those taking advantage of tax holes that cost us money.
There are other ways for Arizona to stop the madness that threatens to spill over any day. The first is tighter restrictions on social services that are provided by the state. At least it would help to root out the ones that are here for the government perks. In addition drivers licensing requirements for paperwork should be stringent on establishing residency. Fire marshalls could enforce fire safety codes on single residencies to ensure people are not living in unsafe conditions.

Im not so sure i want law enforcement having any other chips on their shoulders, after experiencing the hell that is the immigration process I would venture to say i would feel extremely threatened by an untrained thug pouring over my wife's papers in hopes of finding a technicality that some idiot made during the buerocratic nightmare i call immigration.

If your unhappy with the president fire him don't make a ruckus for sheer publicity.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

we see the president displaying what we have, unfortunately, come to know as his usual imperious, immature, tit-for-tat, brand of leadership. It’s the kind of leadership that tells the nation that if anybody, including the Supreme Court, disses him, the country will suffer as a result. He is the kind of president who is “high maintenance,” a president whose ego needs continued stroking, or else his temper gets the best of him.

The administration’s knee-jerk response to the Supreme Court’s decision, which essentially puts the enforcement of federal immigration law in the hands of the federal government, is to tell Arizona that they can call him for help with illegal immigrants, but he won’t be answering. In fact, the DOJ will have a special new hotline for those who believe their civil rights have been violated by local Arizona law enforcement officers.

This is the response of Barack Obama, the leader of our nation who is supposed to have vowed to protect and defend us and our borders.

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts .If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Tue Jun 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: tags

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
www.breitbart.com...

we see the president displaying what we have, unfortunately, come to know as his usual imperious, immature, tit-for-tat, brand of leadership. It’s the kind of leadership that tells the nation that if anybody, including the Supreme Court, disses him, the country will suffer as a result. He is the kind of president who is “high maintenance,” a president whose ego needs continued stroking, or else his temper gets the best of him.

The administration’s knee-jerk response to the Supreme Court’s decision, which essentially puts the enforcement of federal immigration law in the hands of the federal government, is to tell Arizona that they can call him for help with illegal immigrants, but he won’t be answering. In fact, the DOJ will have a special new hotline for those who believe their civil rights have been violated by local Arizona law enforcement officers.

This is the response of Barack Obama, the leader of our nation who is supposed to have vowed to protect and defend us and our borders.

Good post.

Now we wait for some related murders and Christ only knows what else.

You can bet your bottom dollar that somebody will keep real accurate records of those illegals that get released because of Federal refusing to "answer the phone".

Obama will have a big problem with his juvenile attitude.

Hillary was right about that dreaded "3am phone call"

Sheriff Joe says --- screw you

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I never said Local, County or State LEO can deport. Are you really this thick, that all you have left is spin?

Let me remind you of your comments.

If, during a lawful stop, they admit...........They are deported.
If, during a lawful stop, they have false ID, like the guy you used from the Legal Zoom website, and have Mexican IDs...............They are deported.
Or, if it is discovered they are here ILLEGALLY, they are deported.

Not given the time to cry foul to the TV.
Not given the time to come back to court, after they just move their surname around, changed jobs and moved housing.
And surely not given time to fill out documents to apply for this or that. If they can't follow the rules from the start, then they need to start all the way over.

It sure sounds like you are saying that the police will deport them immediately before they have time to "cry foul".

Of course..now you are back peddling because you were called on it.

But hey...now that Jan Brewer tried to play politics with this...AZ law enforcement won't be doing anything. Because of Jan Brewer's actions, she has sacrificed the cooperation with ICE that they used to have.

Cooperation by definition means it is a two sided deal...Jan Brewer broke her side of the deal...and now her State will suffer the consequences.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yet Montana didn't want to comply with the ridiculous Citizens United ruling, and this court told them right quick to get in line with the feds.

State's rights my narrow behind.

Funny how that only applies when the "other team" introduced the legislation you don't like.

I'm sure the myriad Republicans masquerading as freedom-loving independents that wander this board won't have jack to say about THAT ruling.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Good video! I think Sheriff Arpio will be in office long after Obama is removed from

office November 6, 2012. Obamas time is short. Now would be a good time for

Obama to pack his bags and move out of the White House.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

It sure sounds like you are saying that the police will deport them immediately before they have time to "cry foul".

And let me remind you of what you stated.

You already admitted everything needs to go through ICE...I'm not sure why you are still trying to defend your original position of police just being able to deport them in an easy, simple way.

I never said that Police had the authority to deport. Mr. Semantics, you can do better then this.

Of course..now you are back peddling because you were called on it.

Again, no back peddling. I never stated Police could deport. Nice try. Maybe read before you type.

But hey...now that Jan Brewer tried to play politics with this...AZ law enforcement won't be doing anything. Because of Jan Brewer's actions, she has sacrificed the cooperation with ICE that they used to have.

That is about the most quaint, 0bama spin way of putting it.
How about 0bama throwing a temper tantrum because the Fed was shown not to be doing their job. Now he is stomping his feet like the man child he is.

Cooperation by definition means it is a two sided deal...Jan Brewer broke her side of the deal...and now her State will suffer the consequences.

SO when it plays for Liberals, it is two sided, but when it is against, it is teaching them a lesson.
Man, your BS is getting worse at every post.

But, it still is funny that 0bama himself has stated certain laws will not be enforced, and you still champion on with the a bucket over your head and retort with "All laws are being enforced".

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Also, where do I say Local, County or State LE can deport????

You really are on the last straw aren't you.

Still waiting for the "Well, your just a racist" response.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join