It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court strikes down key parts of Arizona immigration law

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

sounds like you need a new program.
earned income can be $10 babysitting or one day at a day labor camp that's worth less than $25 ... that is earned income, whether earned Legally or not is the real question, isn't it ??

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

no, he didn't tell me he was illegal, the landlord did.

Oh yes...gossip and hearsay...the epitome of facts.

You are killing me...for real..this is great.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
And you know there illegal? Or are they just Latino so that makes them illegal? This is what SB 1070 allowed the police to assume.

Actually, the Arizona law (still) allows the cops to ask and verify their legal status if they broke something and refused to replace or pay for the damages.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

And you know there illegal? Or are they just Latino so that makes them illegal? This is what SB 1070 allowed the police to assume.

Actually, the Arizona law (still) allows the cops to ask and verify their legal status if they broke something and refused to replace or pay for the damages.

Actually...Obama put a stop to that by directing ICE to no longer take inquires from AZ law enforcement on legal status.

Blame Jan Brewer for trying to play politics with the immigration issue...she tried to tempt fate and she got the hammer brought down on her.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

earned income can be $10 babysitting or one day at a day labor camp that's worth less than $25 ... that is earned income, whether earned Legally or not is the real question, isn't it ??

You must have a w-2.

You must show proof of income!!!!

I don't know what the least amount is.

Do tell what is the minimum amount you must earn to recieve a income tax return?

Answer: You must file taxes if you earn the following amounts of income:
Self-employed, any age: $400
Children and Teens classified as a dependent: $5,700
Single, under 65: $9,350
Single, over 65: $10,750
Married, filing jointly, both spouses under 65: $18,700
Married, filing jointly, one spouse over 65: $19,850
Married, filing jointly, both spouses over 65: $20,900
Married, filing separately, any age: $3,650 Read more: wiki.answers.com...

Answers:

Notice You Must File Taxes:
edit on 26-6-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Actually...Obama put a stop to that by directing ICE to no longer take inquires from AZ law enforcement on legal status.

So the law still stands, which the SCOTUS agreed was constitutional, but the President has refused to uphold the law. Who is breaking the law now? The President and all his illegal supporters. His role as executive is to enforce the laws. To do so knowing that in doing so is destroying the nation, is IMO highly treasonous.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I bet Brewer really hates Obama now, lol. Among others of course.

Can't wait for the next encounter between the two. It should be entertaining.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

got news for you, it's not always that easy.
here, we have islands and on some of them mail isn't delivered to your doorstep, you have a PO box, standard address. now, how would you explain that you live in/at a PO box ??

You are just full of excuses...but you still don't know the law in your own state.

You don't have to give them an ID...you can't be arressted for it.

You have to give them your name and maybe your address.

Your ignorance of the law doesn't mean your incorrect assumptions are fact.
you are seriously mistaken. your poor assumption that operations work the same in every city just shows your overall presumption of the entire situation.
when you are asked questions, you are required to answer or suffer the consequences (possible arrest or additional detainment)
if you are asked for "proof" and cannot or do not willingly provide it, you will be detained.
if you are asked "where are you headed?" and give a snide remark like "South", you can be detained.

this is the reality, whether you agree or not.
if you are asked to provide paperwork, you better be willing and able or you will be detained.
(these situations apply to FL)

in the case of my accident, the at fault driver was an illegal immigrant driving without proof of registration or insurance and when unable to provide any documentation, (in this sanctuary city) he was told to "Go get a license."
no tickets, no fines, no punishment and i got the medical bills. ($2000 PIP deductible)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

yes, did you miss my previous post?
informed by the person who provides their housing ... and their family member who did maintenance.

edit to add: Latino ?? what does it matter ?? and no, i believe (can't remember at this moment) they are Dominican or Bahamian (but not a dark complexion, more Hispanic in appearance)
edit on 26-6-2012 by Honor93 because: add txt

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

yes, did you miss my previous post?
informed by the person who provides their housing ... and their family member who did maintenance.

edit to add: Latino ?? what does it matter ?? and no, i believe (can't remember at this moment) they are Dominican or Bahamian (but not a dark complexion, more Hispanic in appearance)
edit on 26-6-2012 by Honor93 because: add txt

I don't believe you, based on your $10 -$25 dollar post on top of this page.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

so, when you say it its fact but when someone else does its hearsay ??
interesting double standard there dude but that dbl std seems to be your entire premise.

the homeowner has no need or reason to "lie" or exaggerate or ask our opinion about our willingness to reside next to said persons.
what's the matter ?? are you gonna ask for "proof" next ??
even if, how or why would anyone provide "proof" that they are illegal ??

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

You must have a w-2.

You must show proof of income!!!!

I don't know what the least amount is.

Do tell what is the minimum amount you must earn to recieve a income tax return?

Answer: You must file taxes if you earn the following amounts of income:
Self-employed, any age: $400
Children and Teens classified as a dependent: $5,700
Single, under 65: $9,350
Single, over 65: $10,750
Married, filing jointly, both spouses under 65: $18,700
Married, filing jointly, one spouse over 65: $19,850
Married, filing jointly, both spouses over 65: $20,900
Married, filing separately, any age: $3,650 Read more: wiki.answers.com...

Answers:

Notice You Must File Taxes:
edit on 26-6-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)
no one has ever received a W2 or filed a W4 to perform babysitting work or stripping for that matter.
strippers pay the bar to work there.
and babysitters often get paid cash.

this is a circular argument because if you are filing for someone else and you are not a professional tax preparer, you are not qualified to discuss the topic.

what "proof" of income is required ??
i've submitted a personal/notarized statement of earned income, it's proof.

ppl who do subcontracting work are not processed via W2. they don't file W4s either.
independent contractors also don't submit W2s, are you sure you even know what you're discussing ??
(in a thread not directed toward taxes or the IRS in any way, shape or form)
edit on 26-6-2012 by Honor93 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2012 by Honor93 because: fix typo

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

actually, i think Sherrif Joe is just chomping at the bit to exercise the newly imposed NDAA indefinite detention provisions that will be well within his reach.
he doesn't need to deport them, just detain them for extended periods of time and maybe they'll leave voluntarily.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

fine, i dismissed you not long after your presumption to understand the tax codes.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

actually, i think Sherrif Joe is just chomping at the bit to exercise the newly imposed NDAA indefinite detention provisions that will be well within his reach.
he doesn't need to deport them, just detain them for extended periods of time and maybe they'll leave voluntarily.

Your incredibly ill informed.

The only one that can order a indefinite detention is the president.

I never claimed to be a expert or a tax professional, I only stated that you need earn income to get a tax return, you claimed you can get a income tax return based on $1 earned and I showed otherwise.

I'm bowing out of this thread for now, I wouldn't want it to stray too far off topic and heaven forbid it gets too personal.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

It makes sense to me for law enforcement to see if they are illegal if there detained, I agree with the courts decision.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Your incredibly ill informed.
yes, you are and that'd be (you're)

The only one that can order a indefinite detention is the president.
actually, the whole mess is in a holding pattern at the moment but you keep thinkin i'm ill informed.

I never claimed to be a expert or a tax professional,
but you'll argue anyway and if you prepare for others, you are "legally" supposed to sign off as a "responsible party", did you know that ??

I only stated that you need earn income to get a tax return, you claimed you can get a income tax return based on $1 earned and I showed otherwise.
sorry, the $1 claim was another poster, try again.
i clarified that "earned income" can be as little as $10 ... you disagreed.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

My mistake about the $1 comment, I apologize. However what you did post is not accurate, is it?

At this point I can criticize you for not using capitals, but like I already mentioned I'm bowing out before it gets personal.

Helping a friend with turbo tax does not require anything.

I'll be anxiously awaiting news stories about sheriffs indefinitely detaining Americans.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I for one am glad that the SCOTUS shot down the law. It's racial profiling at it's finest. "Oh this guy is Mexican and 'looks' illegal! Lets check his papers to see if he is!" Give me a break. I agree that we have an immigration problem in this country but this wasn't the answer to it. This was a legal way to profile a race. That's it. Plain and simple. You don't see us doing this on the Canadian border. Actually I'll tell you what, let's go up to North Dakota or Minnesota and inact the same laws. If you pull somebody over for speeding and they answer a question with "eh?" at the end of it, let's check to make sure they are citizens. Seriously? They won't do this because it's PROFILING!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I can NOT believe so many people in this thread want local police to have the ability to deport residents! What the hell??
edit on 26-6-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join