It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Supreme Court strikes down key parts of Arizona immigration law

page: 20
18
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie
 



What I was showing you was that 'stop and identify' does not require a person to provide ID, except in some states, in which the refusal to do so leads to suspicion of criminal activity and can result in arrest.


*sigh*

No where in your quoted text does it say they need to provide a document to ID themselves.

They just have to verbally identify themselves. And yes...in some cases refusing to do so can get you arressted.

There is no law that says you need to have a drivers license, a state ID, or that you have to carry a SS card or BC...so if I am out on a job carrying absolutely nothing...you are saying I can be arressted because I don't have an ID card on me...and I am telling you that you are wrong.

Stop and identify only requires someone to verbally identify themselves...that's it.


SCOTUS struck down Arizona's ability to apply their own state-law.


In this case...yes...because Immigration is a Federal matter...not a State matter.




posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 
you might want to review the history of the 5 points region in NY ... once upon a time, it was one ethnicity strong, then a few, then one and it's not American.
need a quick reference? try watching/absorbing the movie "gangs of New York" and then follow the changes over the next 70yrs or so.



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
A second language taught in a public school should be for the purpose to give the student a marketable skill...not to honor local heritage.

How useful is knowing French in today's job market???


Public primary and secondary school do not teach enough foreign language to be able to use it as a marketable skill.

The only reason for most people outside of international business to speak a foreign language in the US is to deal with people who cannot speak english. The only people in the US who should not be speaking english are tourist. Citizens and legal residents should, thus no need to speak a foreign language.

If spanish as a second language is marketable in the US, it is only because of the illegal invasion.



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 

You clearly do not understand what I'm asking.

"Stop and identify" requires you to only give the officer your name and in some cases your address. No stop and identify law requires you to provide a document.
and what you fail to acknowledge is that no officer (at least none that i know personally) will willingly accept your word for anything, especially identification.



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

Originally posted by LDragonFire
You must have Earned income to get a tax return check, so much for them leaching off the system.


Not true. You get child tax credits. I know people with less than $10,000 income who get multiple thousand because of more than one kid.


Less than $10k is still earned income. If you don't have earned income you don't get a return.



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Honor93
 



knowledge gained by returning the check after it was delivered to the wrong mailbox


You opened someone elses mail?

That is a Federal offense....CRIMINAL!!!!
which part of "returning" gave you the impression that i opened anything ??

can't handle a direct discussion i see, am beginning to wonder ... what's the point?
ps: i know what he spent it on too, does that make me a criminal or just a good neighbor ??
edit on 26-6-2012 by Honor93 because: add txt



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 

I don't have to show an ID to anyone for "stop and identify"
that might work in your location but don't try it in FL ... i've been pulled over on my bicycle for nothing more than "identify" and had to show proof (ID) in order to proceed without further delay.


Well I'm sorry...but you don't know your own law.

Here is Florida's Stop and Identify Law
www.leg.state.fl.us.../0856/Sections/0856.021.html

No where does it say you have to provide documented proof of identification. All you have to do is identify yourself...which means give your name.



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire
 


The point being that someone can 'earn' or be given $1 and still qualify as long as they have kids. They can be here unable to support themselves and suck in (aka leech) free cash from the government.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire
 
and you're sure of this how ??
for all you know, he could have filed with ITIN and claimed "dependants" to garner that refund.
it's not for me to say other than, how do you know?



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
reply to post by LDragonFire
 


The point being that someone can 'earn' or be given $1 and still qualify as long as they have kids. They can be here unable to support themselves and suck in (aka leech) free cash from the government.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)


Can you show links that if you make $1 you get thousands back? Or are you not being honest in this debate?



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Originally posted by Wolf321

Originally posted by LDragonFire
You must have Earned income to get a tax return check, so much for them leaching off the system.


Not true. You get child tax credits. I know people with less than $10,000 income who get multiple thousand because of more than one kid.


Less than $10k is still earned income. If you don't have earned income you don't get a return.


And plenty of illegals get returns because int the very nature of being 'illegal', they are usually frauding the system anyway....

They are filing under false names, SSN's, employer, and children....

As single mother, trust me, I have seen them in the food stamp and WIC offices stating that "do not speak english" and that they do not have photo id or ssn card, only to have the (liberally guided) clerk to reward them with benefits anyway, so as to not go through all the 'hassle"...

They know what they are doing....
edit on 26-6-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 

You clearly do not understand what I'm asking.

"Stop and identify" requires you to only give the officer your name and in some cases your address. No stop and identify law requires you to provide a document.
and what you fail to acknowledge is that no officer (at least none that i know personally) will willingly accept your word for anything, especially identification.




It doesn't matter...they have no authority to detain you for not carrying an ID.

If you refuse to give them your name...then they can detain you...but you aren't required to give them your ID.


Have I mentioned that it is amazing that whenever you are in a thread, you seem to have direct personal experience with every topic that is discussed...but then you also seem very confused and contradictory to your own stories???




posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by LDragonFire
 
and you're sure of this how ??
for all you know, he could have filed with ITIN and claimed "dependants" to garner that refund.
it's not for me to say other than, how do you know?



I know because a friend of mine had me do his taxes. He had no earned income but had won $5k gambling.....You Must have Earned income to get a return.

His return was $0.
BTW he is on disability and that doesn't count as EARNED income.


edit on 26-6-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93
 



which part of "returning" gave you the impression that i opened anything ??


Well, you claimed to have seen the check and the amount of the check simply because it was delivered to the wrong address and you returned it.

Wait...let me guess...he opened it right in front of you and showed you the check and the amount...right??? I bet I'm right...your stories are kind of predictable.



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie
 


Can you prove this or are you just assuming? Please provide links to back up your claims.

I guarantee if you punch in a social security number that has been used on another return the irs will reject it outright.
edit on 26-6-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 


How useful is knowing French in today's job market???
not sure about today but less than 10yrs ago it sure would have been more "economically" beneficial than the silly Spanish i chose in grade school.
have worked at least 3 different jobs (in FL) that dealt with West Canadian customers and Spanish was of no use whatsoever, whereas knowledge of French probably would have earned me a promotion.



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 


How useful is knowing French in today's job market???
not sure about today but less than 10yrs ago it sure would have been more "economically" beneficial than the silly Spanish i chose in grade school.
have worked at least 3 different jobs (in FL) that dealt with West Canadian customers and Spanish was of no use whatsoever, whereas knowledge of French probably would have earned me a promotion.


And once again...direct personal involvement of a topic in a thread.

What a surprise.




posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 
yes, give my name and when the next question posed is, do you have any proof of that ??
what would be your next/suggested move ??



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire
 


As complex as the tax code is, I don't think anyone can explain it. The $1 was my (likely) underestimation, but the rest of my facts remain. I personally know people who made less that $10,000, paid no federal income tax but received >$2000 because of children. When they did their tax assuming they had zero kids, there was no refund. It was all because of the child tax credit.

When referencing this to illegals though, they are either parents of anchor babies or defrauding the government.



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 
yes, give my name and when the next question posed is, do you have any proof of that ??
what would be your next/suggested move ??



Tell them your address and they can verify it themselves.



new topics

top topics



 
18
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

log in

join