It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court strikes down key parts of Arizona immigration law

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Honor93

No. One part of the law struck down today, allowed for LE to stop anyone they suspected of being illegal. The part that was held up requires that LE can only ask for papers after they have made an arrest for committing a crime.
be that as it may, got any "statistics" for how many illegals were "stopped because they were suspected of being illegal" while the mandate was in force ?? one, two, fifty, None ... i kinda think it makes a difference don't you ??

this perception that the police have time to perform gestapo tactics on innocent bystanders just because a piece of paper says so is ridiculous ... in and of itself.

and actually, any legal interaction is valid enough to request "papers".
no proof of crime necessary.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Wow...your "solution" to the immigration problem is like dropping a nuke on an ant hill that is giving your problems in your yard.

Let me see...how would I describe that...oh yeah...INSANE.

These people aren't "enemies"...no need to act so militant about it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

be that as it may, got any "statistics" for how many illegals were "stopped because they were suspected of being illegal" while the mandate was in force ?? one, two, fifty, None ... i kinda think it makes a difference don't you ??

The law was never enforced...it was immediately stopped by the district court.

Kind of hard to have a conversation about this with people who don't know what they are talking about.

and actually, any legal interaction is valid enough to request "papers".
no proof of crime necessary.

They can ask for my "papers" all they want...unless I'm driving a car...they aren't getting them.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Wow...your "solution" to the immigration problem is like dropping a nuke on an ant hill that is giving your problems in your yard.
These people aren't "enemies"...no need to act so militant about it.

Let's see...

they are a significant contributing factor in the economic burden facing the nation, they take up jobs, they bring in diseases that haven't been an issue in the US in many decades, they bring in excess crime, the majority refuse to assimilate to the local cultures they infest, ... I could go on but it is clear they are enemies, they are parasites and they are key to the downfall of the USA.

ETA: There was only one 'militant' aspect of my solution and that was in regards to border security. We are under invasion.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

as usual, don't provide the link ... cause i told you there, exactly (almost word for word) what i've said here. please find someone else to attack, you have no ammunition.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The meat of the AZ bill (a provision requiring police officers, making lawful stops, to check the immigration status of people they suspect may be in the country illegally)was unanimous voted as constitutional, and that says a lot.

4 or 5 other parts that were struck down was due to the Federal Government having the same laws, and so the mirrored State laws were struck down. This means the laws are still there and AZ can act on them as they see fit.

I think the right answer is any car pulled over then everyone in the car should show identification. That puts everyone in the same boat. Personally I would have zero problem showing my identification 10 times a day if it would allow for AZ to handle their illegal problem.

edit on 26-6-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

they are a significant contributing factor in the economic burden facing the nation, they take up jobs, they bring in diseases that haven't been an issue in the US in many decades, they bring in excess crime, the majority refuse to assimilate to the local cultures they infest, ... I could go on but it is clear they are enemies, they are parasites and they are key to the downfall of the USA.

Um...no.

They are not a significant factor to our economic problems...but it is easy to have someone to blame.

Any job they "take" an American can go do that job if they really want it...but again...it is easy just to blame someone else for their own short comings.

What diseases are illegal immigrants specifically responsible for...I'd love to hear this and see your proof.

Crime is everywhere...and I could say that they bring in excess hard work and determination.

No one is "infesting" anything...your hatred is starting to show.

And no...we aren't being "invaded".

I love the immigration debate...because if you keep people talking long enough, they will show their true hateful colors...and then all the previous things they said make complete sense.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

as usual, don't provide the link ... cause i told you there, exactly (almost word for word) what i've said here. please find someone else to attack, you have no ammunition.

Why won't you share with them your super secret method of detecting "illegals"???

They have both asked nicely...why are you ignoring them?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

then why all the p*ssing and moaning about what never applied in the first place?
aren't there more worthy arguments within this discussion?

i'm not in AZ hence i haven't followed it's tracks from start to finish (SB1070)
personally, i agree with Justice who wrote something along the lines of ... Az has an inherent right to defend her borders.

why would you need to be driving a car to respond favorably to such a request ?
did you miss the story about a bank robbery and police detaining everyone in the vicinity ?
would you refuse then too ?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
Let's see...

ETA: There was only one 'militant' aspect of my solution and that was in regards to border security. We are under invasion.

Don't forget the otherside too

They are prayed on by smugglers and employers alike with no legal recourse.
They are abused regularly
They prevent millions of other honest Central/South Americans that would love to come here and work legally.
They bypass the system that others wait decades to do legally
They get less pay than if they were legal and could file for a return on taxes paid...if paid

All this could be solved if we could get control on this and bring millions into our country on legal work permits...all sides would win.

edit on 26-6-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Please explain how you deal with it daily.
well, would that include the persons i frequently share a duplex with ?? or maybe the ones i've worked alongside or share a neighborhood with or perhaps just the one who wrecked into me and destroyed my ability to live life fully ??

perhaps the fact that i live in a sanctuary city in southern Florida wouldn't grant me any level of understanding would it ??

So its a personal issue.

Not anything to do with an actual profession - - such as law enforcement or border patrol.

Got it.

BTW - - I live on the Arizona/Mexican border.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

The meat of the AZ bill (a provision requiring police officers, making lawful stops, to check the immigration status of people they suspect may be in the country illegally)was unanimous voted as constitutional, and that says a lot.

Oh...someone else listend to Jan Brewers little press conference.

No...this wasn't the meat of the AZ bill...the part that was upheld is currently practiced in almost every state right now.

This is Jan Brewers attempt at saying "I won"

4 or 5 other parts that were struck down was due to the Federal Government having the same laws, and so the mirrored State laws were struck down. This means the laws are still there and AZ can act on them as they see fit.

No...no they can't act on them as they see fit...that was the entire point of the ruling. The SCOTUS smacked them down and told them to mind their own damn business.

And besides...Since Brewer came out and tried to claim victory and said she will begin telling her police to check everyone they think is illegal during valid interactions...she brought down the hammer and now ICE won't be taking any inquiries from AZ police. Good job Brewere...you just screwed yourself...and your State.

I think the right answer is any car pulled over then everyone in the car should show identification. That puts everyone in the same boat. Personally I would have zero problem showing my identification 10 times a day if it would allow for AZ to handle their illegal problem.

No sir...I don't have to provide my papers to prove I belong in my own country.

Remember...we are "free" here...which means no papers necessary.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

i did not ignore either of them, or you.
like i said, sonny, find another playmate.
besides, specifics of the technique are not part of this topic, are they?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Finally found exactly what parts were upheld and which were struck down.

Struck down

AZ RULING: Court has overturned sections requiring a) aliens to carry a registration papers

Ask any Cop anywhere. All Americans are required by Law to have proper identification on them at all times.

But Illegals don't?

What The F**k ?

Exactly!!

I have been explaining this to my liberal co-workers all day!

And as far as anyone making the statement about 'Europeans came over here illegal and stole this country from Native Americans', that is true. Granted.

However, those Europeans are deceased, and their descendants are naturally born citizens. This works for blacks too...

Africans were brought to America during the slave trade...however, technically they were property of naturalized citizens, making them legal citizens themselves, and us blacks today are all naturally born citizens.

So the argument about people coming over here way back when no longer applies.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

You see this actually makes sense. There are at least 5 different law enforcement divisions within a certain distance of the Mexican border.

If you get stopped - - its possible for all 5 of them to show up.

Anyway - - to allow the local law enforcement to go ahead and ask for immigration status - - - following an unrelated arrest - - - saves time/resources - - - by not pulling border agents away from other duties.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Exactly!!

I have been explaining this to my liberal co-workers all day!

Well..you are wrong.

If you think otherwise...go find me the law that says I have to provide identification to any cop that asks me.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

i did not ignore either of them, or you.
like i said, sonny, find another playmate.
besides, specifics of the technique are not part of this topic, are they?

Ok, you didn't ignore them...you just deflected the question away.

Only you have the super power of secretly detecting illegals.

I'm wondering if you have a cape that goes with those super powers.

If you don't want people to ask you about it...maybe you shouldn't continue to make the ridiculous claim.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
The Feds would rather give our tax dollars to the illegals than to Americans, unless they're rich and white.

Now watch, calling a liberal to call me a racist in 3... 2... 1...

I'm not a liberal, and i'm not going to call you racist, but in what scenarios are our tax dollars going to illegals? Iknow there were some radio and TV personalities who had tricked people into thinking illegals got SS benefits awhile back (well-known fact, if they're working illegally under a false or stolen SS#, they pay in but get nothing out.)

Illegals do end up getting emergency medical services covered by non-profit or state (county, etc.) hospitals. in those cases, the illegals help Big Pharma to get more of our tax dollars. I'm not trying to be a smart glutes, I just honestly haven't heard of any examples where illegals are getting our tax money. I have a neighbor who says the same thing. He collects disability che ks because he has a bum knee - I pay $20-30k/yr in fed taxes and have been pissed off about how they waste my money since I started working 20 years ago. You'd think I - and not the guy on b.s. Disability - would be more aware of these mysterious "illegal alien stipends" or whatever they are.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Um...no.

They are not a significant factor to our economic problems...but it is easy to have someone to blame.

I don't know if your just ignorant or in denial.

Any job they "take" an American can go do that job if they really want it...but again...it is easy just to blame someone else for their own short comings.

In these hard times, there are many people who would like to get work or second jobs in positions typical of illegals. Plus, when you take into account the many American raised and educated illegals whom Obama granted amnesty to, then you have even higher and better conditioned work that Americans are not able to get.

What diseases are illegal immigrants specifically responsible for...I'd love to hear this and see your proof.

Legal immigrants are required to have medical screening to ensure that they do not bring any contagious diseases into the United States. Illegal aliens are not screened and many are carrying horrific third world diseases that do not belong in the USA. Many of these diseases are highly contagious and will infect citizens that come in contact with an infected illegal alien. This has already happened in restaurants, schools, and police forces.

Malaria was eradicated from the USA in the 1940s but recently there were outbreaks in southern California, New Jersey, New York City, and Houston. Additionally, Malaria tainted blood has been discovered in the blood supply.

Dengue was first recognized in the 1950s, affects most Asian countries and has become a leading cause of death among children in the infected areas. Heretofore unknown in the US, Dengue outbreaks have now occurred in the United States.

Leprosy, a scourge of Biblical days, is caused by a bacillus agent and is now know as Hansen's Disease. In the 40 years prior to 2002, there were only 900 total cases of leprosy in the US. In the following three years there have been 9,000 cases and most were illegal aliens.

Source

Additionally there are concerns with hepatitis and tuberculosis.

Crime is everywhere...and I could say that they bring in excess hard work and determination.

They bring in human trafficking, drugs, and an increased level of violent crimes. That only adds to whatever levels exist in the US, which is a resource and financial burden.

No one is "infesting" anything...your hatred is starting to show.

in·fest (n-fst)
tr.v. in·fest·ed, in·fest·ing, in·fests
1. To inhabit or overrun in numbers or quantities large enough to be harmful, threatening, or obnoxious:
2. To live as a parasite in or on:

source

They are inhabiting the US in large enough quantities as to be harmful, threatening and obnoxious and in many cases living off of the assistance of the government.

And no...we aren't being "invaded".

invasion (ɪnˈveɪʒən)
—n
1. the act of invading with armed forces
2. any encroachment or intrusion: an invasion of rats
3. the onset or advent of something harmful, esp of a disease

source

They have intruded and are harmful.

If the shoe fits....

I love the immigration debate...because if you keep people talking long enough, they will show their true hateful colors...and then all the previous things they said make complete sense.

Do I have a hatred towards illegals, your damn right. They are one of the most significant factors in the degradation and downfall of the United States, and I have witnessed first hand the negative impact on my areas local culture.

I don't like to debate the issue because it gets me so mad to hear time and time again about how illegals or my own government are destroying the nation I grew up loving so much.

You are right about one thing. These debates do show the true colors of the people involved and I see an ever increasing bunch of people who hate America and its sovereignty.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

So its a personal issue.

Not anything to do with an actual profession - - such as law enforcement or border patrol.

Got it.

BTW - - I live on the Arizona/Mexican border.
yes, legal citizenship and criminality is a personal issue, isn't it for every legal American?

what does an "actual profession" have to do with this discussion ?
(LEOS or BPs may or may not employ such techniques, i never said so either way)

yeah, i noticed your location earlier, what's the point ??
just because you live in/near a border city doesn't mean it is one of those endangered on a daily basis.
that border isn't a short one and AZ isn't the only state with such difficulties.
and more importantly, illegal/undocumented persons are not solely of Hispanic origin.
wouldn't you be surprised to know i can pick an illegal Brit out of a bunch, too. (done it)
[alcohol assisted but that's not the point]

not sure why a few of you are so concerned about how to spot an illegal but i'm guessing you never tried.
perhaps in your region, behaviors and tells are different.
never said what works for for us would work for you but these techniques certainly exist.

ps: this is just a guess but i'd almost bet you haven't met too many Hispanics in your region because they are quite plentiful in mine and truth be told, around here, if you accuse a Hispanic of being a Mexican, it's worthy a beatdown.
this is why i say, what works for us might not for you.
this is not a cookie cutter style problem.

edit on 26-6-2012 by Honor93 because: add txt

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join