It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine Prepares for Zombie Attack

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

the current spate of "zombie" attacks?

no.

here's the cdc page:
www.bt.cdc.gov...

ATS discusssion about CDC Zombie messages from 2011
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The cdc has stated that the scenarios presented in a zombie apocolypse are such that anyone who prepares for one will be very well equipped for any real apocolyptic scenarios.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I used to think that the idea of an actually zombie attack was completely rediculous, but is anyone else thinking that it could actually happen?

I don't think we'd ever have to worry about reanimated corpses...but that's the bad news.
Why? Because I'd much rather fight a weak and fragile corpse than an infected live human.

Instead, I think we'd see something more like 28 days, where some kind of virus transforms people into ravenous monsters seeking only to spread the virus. Who knows, maybe even these "bath salt" incidents are isolated patient zeros. The good news is, if spread only by bite, it's pretty easy for modern methods to contain.

But, an airborne strain, and 28 Days could be a very REAL scenario.

Even then, the "zombies" aren't even the greater danger. The real danger lies with the other survivors. Just what would men do with the complete absence of law and order, and removal of consequences? I think we've seen some examples of this already in some events (like Hurricane Katrina and areas ruled by thugs, etc.). It isn't pretty.

<< 1   >>

join