It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine Prepares for Zombie Attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

rt.com

Emergency officials in Maine have taken part in a training exercise in preparation for a zombie apocalypse. This comes just weeks after the federal government publicly denied the existence of zombies.
­Around 100 emergency responders from eight different counties participated in the event in the quiet city of Bangor.

The premise: an unknown virus originating from Jamaica has reached Maine, turning the infected into zombies. Once infected, the virus quickly spreads to the brain, and turns
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
With all the people eating other people, Russia creating a Zobmie Ray Gun, and governement denial, is it possible that it could actually happen?

I used to think that the idea of an actually zombie attack was completely rediculous, but is anyone else thinking that it could actually happen?

To me it sounds like the government may know something about biological warfare that could turn people against other people regardless of their beliefs. Anyone have any other references or information?

rt.com

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJonah

rt.com

Emergency officials in Maine have taken part in a training exercise in preparation for a zombie apocalypse. This comes just weeks after the federal government publicly denied the existence of zombies.
­Around 100 emergency responders from eight different counties participated in the event in the quiet city of Bangor.

The premise: an unknown virus originating from Jamaica has reached Maine, turning the infected into zombies. Once infected, the virus quickly spreads to the brain, and turns

is this information true? are you lying or telling the truth?

for real, be real with me.

are you SURE. ?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

Ugh, not this again.

Once a meme gets big, it gets big.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
While the concept of Zombies can in fact, happen, it would be nothing like the movies. At worst we would have a bunch of rabbid humans foaming at the mouth that would die within a few days.

Raising the dead is impossible after what.. 5 minutes? and if it happens after that then it is completely brain dead, no motor functions no nothing. Just a dead brain.

We have to keep in mind that alllll of these recent 'zombie attacks' have one thing in common. Drugs. Which means that there is the possibility that a new drug out on the streets, or a new take on the same drug is causing people to go into a drug induced psychosis.

No zombies i dont think unless they're testing something we're not aware of,

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
sounds like they watch waaaayy to many zombie flicks ...
what a waste of tax dollars ..

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I accidentally posted it in the wrong place but didn't know how to delete the first one. Sorry guys. But I have to say, I don't think a zombie apocolypse is plausabile, but just thought it was an interesting find.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by DevilJonah

Ugh, not this again.

Once a meme gets big, it gets big.

Sorry for posting an interesting read and boring you. Feel free to not read or comment if it is that irritating to you

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
If you search around a bit, you'll find the CDC's explanation for why those chose zombie apocolypse as their catalyst in assisting and instructing the public on how to prepare for a crisis.

In a nutshell, the horror movie scenario of zombie apocolypse has everything and, therefore, can be used as a tool for teaching every possible need in an apocolyptic crisis.

Add to that the concept that it's a bit more fun to teach something as awful as the end of the world thanks to a disease, when said disease is ripped right from a horror film.

When the cdc started this a year or so ago, there was no florida zombie, no canadian corpse eater and no other zombie apocolypse fear at levels like we have today.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Has it been officially confirmed that bath salts was the reason for the Florida homeless attack? A cop suggested that it might have been, and media went with it, but as far as I know an official report from the coroner has not been given. I might be wrong though, so excuse my ignorance.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
If you search around a bit, you'll find the CDC's explanation for why those chose zombie apocolypse as their catalyst in assisting and instructing the public on how to prepare for a crisis.

In a nutshell, the horror movie scenario of zombie apocolypse has everything and, therefore, can be used as a tool for teaching every possible need in an apocolyptic crisis.

Add to that the concept that it's a bit more fun to teach something as awful as the end of the world thanks to a disease, when said disease is ripped right from a horror film.

When the cdc started this a year or so ago, there was no florida zombie, no canadian corpse eater and no other zombie apocolypse fear at levels like we have today.

So you don't think that it has anything to do with the recent "zombie" related phenomenon in the news?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
COD: world at war?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
So a virus from Jamaica makes it to Maine.....must be a marijuanna virus...which would equal lazy zombies that are really hungry, but don't want to get off the couch to cannibalize anyone.

Not a very good source of virus if you ask me.......Perhaps if they had said a virus from Finland....those guys are over achievers, should make for a pro-active zombie virus....that enjoys skiing.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Ah... right. I think they are asking for it. Fancy denying the existence of something, and then creating a training scenario to cover the possibilities presented by the very problem that the government has denied the existence of. Personally speaking, I cannot see what benefit that will have for the government.

The people are bound to see the fallacy in the logic that has been applied here after all. First of all, the government is not exactly swimming in spare dollars, certainly not in comparison to the way it was maybe ten years ago. Therefore they can hardly afford to be training for something that is not going to happen. So, they are left with the situation where some will believe they are liars, and believe that the government is hiding a zombie outbreak possibility from the public, and others will believe that the government have just wasted an awful lot of resources and man hours on a gimmick which will amount to nothing in the long term.

The only thing that holding this drill has done, is confused the population, and made people suspicious of the governments intentions and book keeping. Try as I may, I can see no long term advantage in this. Even if people are confused about HOW they are being ripped off, they will know that they are. Whether the people think they are being lied to, or defrauded, they know SOMETHING is going wrong, and that can often be good enough to destroy a parliaments legitimacy in the eyes of the electorate.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

This comes just weeks after the federal government publicly denied the existence of zombies.

I cannot believe people write about zombies or even worst, zombie apocalypse... Is been over 3 weeks that countless of threads started in this board about zombies in Florida, zombies in ... x or y state or city and I've read some of the most nonsense comments I've ever seen in this board. What is this cheering for Zombies or the apocalypse from them? How about we start dealing a bit with Shrek and then we move on with Battlestar Galactica and even Start Trek... There is plenty of room for them too.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Hate to say it, but I'm rather excited about the zombie war. Can't quite put my finger on WHY tho...

We wouldn't be going home to escape the stresses of work, we'd be running to escape the stresses of being eaten alive

its like, humans won't be on top of the food chain anymore!

if some major event along the lines of zombies occurs in the US.. i'm prepared.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'm glad you used the link that I gave you in the OP in the other forum!

It's just another good way to make money by exploiting one of the hottest topics on the web right now. If there was to be a zombie attack, there would be a very good chance of us not knowing until it was too late. Here's my theory.

In any type of zombie like case, first things first would be to try and isolate those infected. This would include shutting down roads, and major highways once the infection really starts spreading. Town and cities would be quarantined and people who seem to not be infected would surely be scooped by the CDC and government to try and crate a vaccine from those who are not afflicted or infected by the bug.

With people dying at quick rates from the disease being spread though contact with saliva or blood (including coughs and sneezes), or even chances of it getting stonger and becoming airborne. The people who are not infected carry the same gene mutation that allows them to not catch it from without coming in direct contact with blood or saliva from an infected. These would be survivors.

There would with no doubt be a cover-up. The scariest thing to a government is an out of control population. They'd be gripped with the fear of people looting, fighting, killing, raping and becoming all out infected with an even worse "end of the world" mind-set or craze. There are far more people per city, town or village than police or government workers, period. The fear that they could not control their people is far more frightening than having to eradicate entire cities and towns which would include all the people within the walls of them. With the government not being able to fully control the media and stories breaking out from all over the world, they would surely incite Marshall Law to all hell would break loose. Soldiers against the people and people against the soldiers until they all become infected due to direct contact in mass riots all over the world.

Once they all have fallen ill to the new plague, they all unconsciously and with no memories of anything other than the moment they are in, commit to one common goal that is "food". This leaves those who are not infected to fight off these decaying creatures that were once human. With no human impulses other than survival, these "living dead" would rot, no matter if the feasted on the flesh of the living or not. They would all fall to the great evils of being dead. First these bodies would go though rigor mortis, then the blood would settle to the lowest point in the body which is called livor mortis, next the body might even begin to swell or bloat depending on the conditions in which they are exposed. We might even get those classic green and bluish looking zombies thanks to pallor mortis, which, if a person was to die with extreme blood loss, the capillaries in his or her body would loose color and turn dark and quite fake looking. Here is link to a (very graphic) picture of what that can look like.

Unless this was a rage virus and they did not die, but were simply infected and have succumb to a virus that takes over the brain as well as the body, they would die just like anything else would. It wouldn't matter if you hit them in the head or heart, they would die of blood loss or choking on their meal of flesh or blood from head or throat wounds. These would still be people and they would be able to run, jump or even be capable of simple thought. It would all depend on what parts of your brain it would control. It would surely their madula oblangatta to create the "rage" part of rage virus. It would most likely increase their core temperature and in order to keep that up they would have to eat. A lot. That would create the zombie like effect of them eating the living. In a worst case scenario they would become predators with extreme animal like instincts. They might even stalk their prey. Once again, it would all depend on what parts of the brain it controlled and how well the disease controlled it.

I love a good zombie discussion, so please, if I didn't cover something you're curious about, or didn't explain it to your liking please ask me about it!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by frozenspark

Has it been officially confirmed that bath salts was the reason for the Florida homeless attack? A cop suggested that it might have been, and media went with it, but as far as I know an official report from the coroner has not been given. I might be wrong though, so excuse my ignorance.

Please pardon me if I am wrong, but are you assuming the use of bath salts in bath water is what is causing this?

You know, we are not talking about bath salts used in the normal manner, correct? We are talking abou the salts being ingested or smoked, right?

Just checking, because I ran into a person who thought that it was bath salts and someone just soaking in them in the tub....

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by frozenspark

The answer is: we don't know. The toxicology report is not yet in.

But here's a super interesting read about bath salts and "zombie" attacks.

www.forkparty.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I've read documents that had been de-classified that supposedly came from Nazi Germany. They were translated, of course. the documents mention a neurological virus that was being developed by Nazi doctors. According to these documents, the infected host would be reduced to operating at an instinctual level. The unfortunate side effect caused the infected host to "crave" flesh of it's own species.

During the closing days of WW2 human subjects were being tested. It had mixed results. Over 40% would die in a fit of rage and madness, literally trying to tear normal people to shreds with their hands and teeth. But the other 60% would become brain damaged, lethargic, but still cannibalistic. Maybe some scientists rediscovered this project and actually "improved" upon it.

As far as to the veracity of the Nazi zombie documents...I can't confirm it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join