It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom Billed To Clean Street After Son Killed By Drunk Driving Illegal Alien

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1

I would argue that creating a government policy that is with 100% certainty going to lead to more deaths of U.S. citizens by welcoming law-breaking illegals into the U.S. is what's evil and atrocious.

The Obama administration giving guns to enemies of the U.S., then lying about it, covering it up, and refusing to cooperate with the investigation after a U.S. border agent was murdered, now that might be evil.

But no, pointing out that this tragedy began with somebody willfully breaking U.S. immigration law, who then decided not to follow S.C. law and get a driver's license, and ended with her breaking the drunk driving laws and killing a U.S. citizen, is not evil.

Illegal immigrants begin their stay in the U.S. by metaphorically raising their hands and saying, "I don't care what your mofo law says, I'm breaking it." It's not a surprise when they disregard other laws and people end up dead, is it?

I'll take the statements one at a time...
The first statement. This illegal was here during the bush term, so it has nothing to do with Obama extending work permits to people who came here as children (back during the bush administration) so they can have the same responsibilities to things such as auto insurance to actually PREVENT things like this from happening.

The second statement. Obama, by himself, did not personally hand any weapons to anyone. That's something that's been going on by the ATF and the practice was started with Bush. In fact, remember the Iran-Contra scandal? That was Reagan. Remember the supposed WMD's that were supposed to be in Iraq but never found? Those were sent there by Bush Sr. In fact... bush's grandfather helped HITLER rise to power www.guardian.co.uk...

People need to be very careful where they throw their political attacks because they almost always come back to slap them in the face.

The third and fourth together. She came here under bush's watch, she obtained the drivers license under bush's watch. South Carolina is a heavily red state with state and local officials being extreme right wing republicans so all of the legal issues involved are on them if it is looked at from a political stance. This is the result of poor administration by the extreme right wing and the results that come from that.

With all of that out of the way, there is NO reason for that mother to be sent the bill (even if addressed to her son) for the cleanup of his dead body that was the fault of someone else and the heartless group that sent it (actually a republican judge) should be absolutely ashamed!!

People need to remember that just because the POTUS may be a democrat or a republican doesn't mean that every state is now considered to be of the same party. The laws and status of people who are in the country when a president is sworn in doesn't get an automatic reset like a video game. Every single issue we have today has been the conglomeration of events that have happened over the past 200+ years, not the result of who just happens to be sitting in the White House at any given time.

I'm not a big Obama supporter, I don't care much for him, however, I'd take him over bush absolutely ANY day. ...but then, I'd take almost anyone over bush, the man was a moron.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I can agree with that.
I get really upset when people try to politicize, so I find it necessary to show that their politicizing is often wrong.

Back to the mother, my heart goes out to her. She shouldn't have to endure this and the state of SC needs to get their act togetehr.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

Obama doesnt need to be involved, He is responsible for way more deaths than just one..AND YES,,the Bush family sucks too...
edit on 26-6-2012 by avatard because: obama is a moron

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
if the son had proper insurance all this should have been covered by the insurance company...And what kind of stupid state is South Carolina for billing dead people for things in any event...If I were that mother, I would think about moving to a state that actually protects its lawful citizens...The fact that the other driver was illegal is like whatever. I live in South Florida...we have been dealing with illegals and rafters for decades so I pity NO ONE else for there states illegal issues...JOIN THE EFFIN' CLUB BROTHERS AND SISTERS JOIN THE CLUB! Just don't get sucked into the illegal immigrant side of the story...The Alien, got hers 17 years, Look at the local, county, and state Officals who did/allowed this to happen to the mother after it was all said and done...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustJoe
if the son had proper insurance all this should have been covered by the insurance company...

...and women should always have a spare condom, in case they are about to be raped, and make sure the rapist wears the condom, so they don't get pregnant, right?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The mom does not have to pay all she has to do is file a bankruptcy of her sons estate.

Many cities are running out of money and trying all types of scams to get money from the public. Many of these scams are not will thought out and can be negated by the courts.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

File a suit in small claims court against the country the alien came from for their negligence in not providing their citizens proper documentation to enter the USA legally. The negligence resulted in the driver not having the proper insurance, etc.

Get a lien on some asset of said country either in this country or something that travels here, such as a ship or airliner.

Get a sheriff to take possession of the item for auction to satisfy the lien.

Embarrass both governments. Get action.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
An awakened human does not see the illegal alien in the title or story or that mom was billed but alcohol destroys yet another family and life.

Alcohol. The drug that must be stopped.

An awakened being does not target alcohol, for that is taking away the soveriegn inalienable rights of all people and attempting to make them stand under like a child. I don't stand under any one. I would perform a citizens arrest on any would be dictator near me.

I don't drink but that is not the issue.

The issue here is this: You would never ask the victim's family to pay for this, for that violation would be a crime like unto murder.

Furthermore, all policies, and legislation must be fine toothed by the people. They need to stop being children and allowing this false democracy and electing a dictorial king, and trickle down system to stop in its tracks and grow up with counsels of citizens really acting up and kicking very corrupt employees out. We are the employer group and need to act like it.

Legislation and bills are not LAW. The constitution is what empowers them and this is a violation of that and a violation of basic common law/virtues, thou shalt not harm.

This is victimizing the victim.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
As a matter of fact, if this is a bill, that is giving them leeway to do this, then it is illegal as it violates constitutional rights and basic common law/virtues.

Now here is the rub. They should know that. The judge should know that and he would know that it is actually criminal of him to allow this, if its being done by him, this allowance, for even ignorance of the law is not an excuse. So I would consider pressing charges against the lot of them.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I love how mundane news stories get blown out of proportion on ATS.

Like I said in my earlier post. The woman got a bill for towing and cleanup for the aftermath of an accident that her son was involved with. Regardless if it was an illegal immigrant or a police officer or a US citizen, she would've gotten a bill.

The cleanup bill WAS NOT FOR cleaning "blood off the streets" More than likely it was for hazardous materials left as an aftermath of the accident i.e. gasoline, oil, antifreeze, etc...

Now if the mother or son have AUTOMOBILE INSURANCE, she can send in the bill for towing and cleanup and get fully reimbursed.

If the accident hadn't had included an illegal immigrant, this WOULD'NT EVEN BE A STORY!!!!!!

This isn't about democrats or republicans, Bush or Obama, it is a part of everyday life. Get over it.

link   

Like I said in my earlier post. The woman got a bill for towing and cleanup for the aftermath of an accident that her son was involved with. Regardless if it was an illegal immigrant or a police officer or a US citizen, she would've gotten a bill.

The cleanup bill WAS NOT FOR cleaning "blood off the streets" More than likely it was for hazardous materials left as an aftermath of the accident i.e. gasoline, oil, antifreeze, etc...

Now if the mother or son have AUTOMOBILE INSURANCE, she can send in the bill for towing and cleanup and get fully reimbursed.

If the accident hadn't had included an illegal immigrant, this WOULD'NT EVEN BE A STORY!!!!!!

This isn't about democrats or republicans, Bush or Obama, it is a part of everyday life. Get over it.

link   

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four

I have knocked over a light pole and a reflector. Both times I was charged. If you blow a tire and mark up the asphalt with your rim they will bill you for that to. Taxes pay for regular maintenance and upkeep not damage.

This woman got billed for the blood from her dead son who got killed by someone else who was at fault. Does this really need more explanation to show how insane this is?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84

So you're saying that they just leave blood on the street? Pretty sure blood is treated as a hazardous material in its own right due to the possibility of blood born pathogens. But you used caps, so I guess that means you're legit.

There are stories all the time about drunk drivers killing people. This story is particularly sad because the mother, her son died you know, was given the bill for services neither her or her son should have even needed! Much less be financially culpable for. It's not even apparent from the story that the son was driving. For all we know she is being charged for the removal of the guilty parties vehicle.

I don't agree with the people blaming this on political parties, but come on... It's pretty lame when somebody breaks numerous laws and end up killing the citizen of a country they aren't even supposed to be in. Can we agree on that much?

On a final note. Some people have some semblance of a thing called compassion. Others get aggravated by obvious injustice. It's a part of every day life, I suggest YOU get over it.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Wooliebear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I officially hate this country. Wtf kind of world is this we live in...Filth.

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Why would it have not made a difference? If you are not here illegally and in your own country does the accident happen? Instead the illegal person is driving in another country killing legal citizens. And yet there is no difference. I often wonder.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I've spent some time driving along the Mexican Border from Matamoros, Laredo, Eagle Pass and El Paso... the majority of the vehicles I see on the roads down there are Border Patrol and everyone is stop and checked along roads especially at night... A military force of 500000 troops would not be able to stop someone from making their way north... If you haven't spent some time down there you need to check it out, at night if you like a little excitement and flying bullets... This stuff has been going on since there became a border by an act of piracy... People have family on one side and work on which ever side they can get work on... Wetbacks have never been a problem until all of the email chain letters and right wing radio shows started riling up stupid people and angry rednecks by continually repeating and embellishing lies...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

So...

Make alcohol illegal just because there's one irresponsible bad apple in the crowd and make all the decent, honest, responsible people suffer?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

Is that possible?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join