It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom Billed To Clean Street After Son Killed By Drunk Driving Illegal Alien

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I would have thought that the state would pay for cleanups of accidents. But in this case, the dead person who wasn't to blame for the accident got the bill to clean his own blood off the streets. I would have thought that the tax money going to the state would pay for it just like it pays for the state to take tree branches off the roads, etc etc. At the very least, if that isn't the case, I would think that the person at fault for the accident would get the bill. (not that an illegal in prison can pay for anything ... but still, I thought that person would get the bill if the state didn't)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
reply to post by ManFromEurope

17 years? She will get out in 8, and that mother will never get her son back. Illegal alien or not, drunk driving is inexcusable. I cannot believe they billed her for the clean up, I would have taken that bill to city hall and told someone to shove it up their a$&.

I agree with you on that one!!! 17 years is not enought either. If you kill someone while drunk driving, I beleive they consider it "assault with a deadly weapon". I think it should be considered to be 1st degree murder (yes premeditated). I say this because with all the publicities raising awareness about drinking and driving, and informing people of the risks involved (including killing/injuring yourself and/or others). People know the risks and still dont follow the laws. My 5 yo son knows that drinking and driving is bad from tv commercials for crying out loud.

If just 1 person would get life in jail for this kind of situation, I think a whole lot of people would reallize and start thinking about it.

Oh and chargin the grieving mother for the clean up is just not human!!!
Give the poor lady a break!!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Your continued off topic remarks and lies about me mean that YOU should be ashamed of yourself. I have again hit the alert button. Try to stay on topic ... and I'm not the topic.

Topics from this article ...
- State doesn't pay to clean up dead persons blood off road, but bills the victim and/or his family
- Drunk driving
- low sentences of perps when they kill someone while driving drunk
- Cost of illegals

Pick one. I'm not on the list.

edit on 6/26/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

Ok, this is a horrible story, and I read and re-read the article hoping to find some footnote that would let me claim the OP took this out of context.

I couldn't, and I can't fathom why the victim of a fatal motor accident would be expected to pay for the towing of his mangled car and the biohazard cleanup of the scene. So, if I can't fathom them billing the victim for that, imagine my shock and horror when I learned they sent these bills to the guys mother.

BUT.

Plenty of 'legal' American's drive drunk, it's the nations past time right after baseball, eating apple pie, and hating anyone trying to come to America to live the dream. Plenty of 'legal' American's drive without a drivers license.

So you blame Obama for this? Wow, fascinating, learn to read much? the woman had lived there for 12 years. Now, I'm no math wiz, I killed those braincells off like a pro, but.....

A presidential term is 4 years in office. Obama is, right now, gearing up to try to steal a second term. So, lets say he does and doesn't get impeached or killed, that's another 4 years.

4 + 4 = 8

This woman lived, illegally, in that state for 12 years (and this isn't to say she hopped the fence 12 years ago, who knows how long she's been roaming around)

Now I get the Obama is satan. But you are now attributing him with the ability to time travel? Or are you angered that Obama didn't travel back in time 12 years to stop this woman from illegally entering the country?

The fact that this woman is an illegal alien, and is going to do 17 years under a justice system that, arguably, doesn't apply to her, should at least shut you up about Obama for a few minutes.

honestly, not everything is about Obama and Illegals. This is a dime a dozen story, it'snot the fact that the driver was an illegal that is the story, its the fact that they expect the mother to pay for the cleanup.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

From everything I've seen this is normal though, that's what's amazing to me that I've never heard this. Some states even have "Accident Response Fees" where you have to pay a fee for the police/fire/ambulance as well as clean up (that insurance pays for, which you're supposed to have) And most localities require you to clean up crime scenes on your own property. So if you shoot someone breaking into your house you have to pay to have it cleaned up (which again insurance pays for that you're supposed to have)

Crazyness.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
So you blame Obama for this?

I haven't said anything about Obama except to say that ALL the Administrations .. be they republican or democrat .. have left our borders wide open and have failed to secure them.

it'snot the fact that the driver was an illegal that is the story, its the fact that they expect the mother to pay for the cleanup.

That's my main thought about it. The 'illegal alien' part is secondary but is still there for people to discuss - the cost of an illegal in prison who shouldn't even be here. So is the severe lack of prison time a person gets for killing someone while driving drunk. There are a lot of things this story has to discuss. My main thing .. what idiot sends a clean up bill to a dead person and/or his family .. especially when that person wasn't even at fault for the accident to begin with? Severe lack of common sense.

edit on 6/26/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Some states even have "Accident Response Fees" where you have to pay a fee for the police/fire/ambulance as well as clean up (that insurance pays for, which you're supposed to have

Insurance that you are supposed to have ... but what an illegal won't have.
I'm wondering why the guy who died ... who wasn't at fault .. got the bill.
I've heard of having to pay for fire trucks and ambulance, etc. IF you are at fault.
But this situation that I posted ... it's wonky!!

Accident Response Fees-

South Carolina News

COLUMBIA S.C. – A new Harris Interactive poll conducted by telephone for the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America found that a resounding 81 percent of South Carolinians believe their taxes cover the time and services provided by emergency response providers following a traffic accident. As a result, they believe additional accident response fees charged by local governments are not necessary.

“There is strong public opposition in South Carolina and across the country to this new trend of charging accident response fees,” said Micaela Isler, Southeast regional manager for the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCI). “Public safety is the primary duty of local government and police or firefighting services are already paid for through property and other local taxes. Motorists clearly see this for what it is: local governments trying to impose a hidden, double tax on consumers. We call these fees an accident tax or crash tax.”

In recent years, local governments looking to plug budget shortfalls have sought to impose fees on traffic accident victims. These fees can range from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars or more. Some local governments levy the fee on all accident victims, while others just charge out-of-town drivers. Still others target at-fault drivers or accidents that involve fires or spill cleanups. These fees are often charged to insurance companies. But often these costs are not covered by insurance, which could leave the accident victim facing a bill or the potential of higher insurance costs.

Looks like some states are trying to get money from insurance companies to pay for cleanups. But of course if someone doesn't have insurance, like the illegal alien who caused this accident, then the state can't get any money from her. But why look to the dead guy to pay? It's heartless IMHO.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

This is absolutely insane and disgusting! I can't believe the idiocy going on in the world today. My uncle now sits in a wheelchair with a crushed pelvis because an illegal decided his time was worth more then that of U.S. law and ran a red light hitting my uncles car on the driver side.

Illegals need to go. They didn't give a damn about U.S. law when they came here illegally and I doubt they'll ever care for U.S. law.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
The few posters on here who are trying to politicize this are more disgusting, more atrocious, more evil and more ignorant than the state of South Carolina, the Illegal immigrant that was driving drunk and whatever court system levied the fine.
The ONLY thing that's as close to being as bad as that mother losing her child and being given a bill is the disgusting political hacks that are trying to turn it into a political debate instead of seeing that a woman is in pain and has been treated very unfairly.
Disgusting, absolutely disgusting.

I would argue that creating a government policy that is with 100% certainty going to lead to more deaths of U.S. citizens by welcoming law-breaking illegals into the U.S. is what's evil and atrocious.

The Obama administration giving guns to enemies of the U.S., then lying about it, covering it up, and refusing to cooperate with the investigation after a U.S. border agent was murdered, now that might be evil.

But no, pointing out that this tragedy began with somebody willfully breaking U.S. immigration law, who then decided not to follow S.C. law and get a driver's license, and ended with her breaking the drunk driving laws and killing a U.S. citizen, is not evil.

Illegal immigrants begin their stay in the U.S. by metaphorically raising their hands and saying, "I don't care what your mofo law says, I'm breaking it." It's not a surprise when they disregard other laws and people end up dead, is it?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Hello everyone. New member here. I was planning on just reading and lurking for awhile but this topic boiled my blood! This is maybe one of the most ridiculous examples of municipal money grabbing I have ever seen. Shame-shame on them!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
[off topic material removed]

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1
pointing out that this tragedy began with somebody willfully breaking U.S. immigration law, who then decided not to follow S.C. law and get a driver's license, and ended with her breaking the drunk driving laws and killing a U.S. citizen, is not evil.

It's one aspect of the story that can't be ignored. The family of the dead victim got a bill to clean the blood off the street. The state should have paid for it and it should have gotten the money from an insurance company if it is state policy. Since the illegal perp didn't have insurance, they couldn't get money there so they instead went after the victim. That's just plain wrong. Ignoring that the perp was illegal is stupid. It is what it is. People need to grow up and accept facts and the fact in this case is that the perp is illegal and because of that, it's costing the dead victims family money to clean the dead kid off the road. Just the facts.

edit on Tue Jun 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Wow who comes up with those stupid laws? And how did this thread turn into an illegal immigration debate?

edit on 6/26/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

Some people want to make everything political, usually just attacking the opposing party. This isn't about political parties. Bad local/state government policies yes, political parties no. Those policies are the result of BOTH parties as well as independent ones and they're wrong.
That mother should not have to go through this

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

That mother should not have to go through this

There ya go.
Exactly. It's totally insane to charge a dead person, and/or his family, to clean his blood off the street. He wasn't the perp. He was the victim. And now his family has been victimized yet again. This time, by some yutz in office who sent the family a bill for cleanup.

I posted an article earlier about how people think the states should be cleaning up the messes and that it should be paid for by tax money. The victims shouldn't have to pay. However, the state hits up insurance companies to get payiment. That's fine, if the perp has insurance. But in many cases they don't. And the victims insurance shouldn't have to pay for it because that can make their insurance rates go up and it wasn't their fault.

At any rate .. what happened to this family is just plain wrong.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by votan
SOunds like a load of bs and sounds like the whole story is not out.

.... because it doesn't agree with what you think? :shk:

DANCE PUPPETS DANCE! So easily manipulated. wallow in your ingnorance.

Rude. Backatchya. Manipulated by the far left machine.

The woman was sent a bill to clean the street after her son died. This means NOTHING to you? that's bad enough. But you asked 'how is this different'. I suggest you read the post by Iarephel. that's how these things can be different. In this case the person didn't bolt for a foreign country. She's in jail. She never should have been here, but now she's a burden on tax payers and will be for many years.

It's not the "far left machine" doing the manipulating here. The government entities in South Carolina are predominantly republican, so it is the "far right machine" that is doing the manipulating....

Regardless of which political party it is (in this case, the republicans), it is WRONG and that woman is suffering

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Is this thread about illegal immigration or about a drunk driver?

Why do you think it has to be about one or the other? That's silly. It's about ...
1 - A woman getting a bill to clean her dead son off the road. that's just WRONG.
2 - Drunk drivers
3 - The cost of illegals.
4 - Anything else ON TOPIC that anyone gets out of reading the article.

As for the rest of your LIES .. they are off topic personal attacks. I have hit the alert button. I suggest that instead of trying to demonize me, you actually stick to the topic of the thread.

So the topic of the thread is how the horrible republican-ran government in South Carolina is billing a mother for the cleanup of her dead son's body after being hit by an illegal alien who was drunk driving.... said illegal alien had been in the country for 9 years, meaning she came here during bush's reign, so this is commenting on how horribly the republicans have addressed the issue of immigration? Got it.

Glad that's all cleared up. Hopefully the Democrats will be able to clean up that horrible mess that republicans left behind with their horrible mishandling of immigration and things like this won't happen again!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

It's not the "far left machine" doing the manipulating here.

I was talking about how THAT POSTER had been manipulated by the far left machine.
He fell into the poltiical trap. Go back and read what was posted.

So the topic of the thread is how the horrible republican-ran government in South Carolina is billing a mother for the cleanup of her dead son's body after being hit by an illegal alien who was drunk driving....

If that's what you think you get by reading the article then post it. The point is that I am not in the article and am not the topic of this thread. To bring me into it by telling lies about my so-called agenda is off topic trolling. If you think the topic is that the republicans in South Carolina are to blame for this then go ahead and post it ... fine by me. It'll be verified or debunked or ignored or agreed to by others as they see fit.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

reply to post by muse7

Your continued off topic remarks and lies about me mean that YOU should be ashamed of yourself. I have again hit the alert button. Try to stay on topic ... and I'm not the topic.

Topics from this article ...
- State doesn't pay to clean up dead persons blood off road, but bills the victim and/or his family
- Drunk driving
- low sentences of perps when they kill someone while driving drunk
- Cost of illegals

Pick one. I'm not on the list.

edit on 6/26/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

The state should, indeed, pay for this. It's HORRIBLE how that republican ran government in SC is handling this!!! bush should never have allowed her the opportunity to be here illegally and this wouldn't have happened!
...and those republican judges should have sentenced her to LIFE instead of letting her off so easy. Or at least sent her back to her home country with no chance to return

(if it's going to be political, at least put the political blame where it belongs)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

The state should, indeed, pay for this.

I agree. If the insurance of the perp can't pay, then the state should.

It's HORRIBLE how that republican ran government in SC is handling this.

I don't know if laws were put on the books by elected people or if they were republicans or democrats. They might have been people hired to fill positions. I simply don't know at this time. The court made her put the car in storage and pay for the storage because it was 'evidence'. If the court wanted 'evidence' then it should have paid for the storage. White Horse Road in Greenville, SC is where the accident happened. I don't know if it's a town road or a state road so I don't know which has jurisiction.

bush should never have allowed her the opportunity to be here illegally and this wouldn't have happened! :

Every POTUS has equal responsibility for the problem with illegals in this country. None of them have secured our borders. Not a one.

Considering the attention this story is getting, I would hope that South Carolina would be re-looking at their laws and their procedures in matters such as this. They look pretty darn cold hearted and hickified.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
You went back and rewrote your trolling ... but filled it in with more trolling ...

I seriously doubt the OP would have even posted this had this woman been killed by a white drunk driver

And why exactly would that be?
Oh this ought to be good. (not!)
BTW ... it was a man who was killed .. not a woman. Did you even read the article??

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join