It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom Billed To Clean Street After Son Killed By Drunk Driving Illegal Alien

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent HereticAnd if the drunk driver had been legal, it wouldn't have made ANY difference.
edit on 6/25/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Anna Gonzalez did not have a S.C. driver's license. This is why there are laws in all 50 states requiring people to be licensed.

It's not a matter of "if the driver had been legal it wouldn't have made any difference."

The point is that if the driver obeyed the laws, and if the driver were not here illegally, the deceased, Justin Walker, wouldn't have been killed. The other point is the Ms. Gonzalez should have been given the bills, not the deceased mother.

Justin Walker would be alive if Anna Gonzalez didn't break 3 laws. That's why she was sentenced to 17 years.

Maybe this is the unspoken fact about the illegal immigration issue that riles people. Maybe a lot of people think, "If immigrants come here with no respect for immigration laws, how can anybody expect them to obey any other laws? How many more Justin Walkers are going to die so the corporations can have an abundance of cheap labor?"

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
When I saw where this occurred, I laughed because for South Carolina this is par for the course. I lived in the Greenville/Spartanburg area for a few years. They are a bunch of crooks. Any possible way they can find to charge a fee, fine, whatever..... they will find it and they will charge you.

I had a pending court case in SC. The State extended my case for 3 years. Eventually I moved here to Louisiana due to work. One month after I moved, I got a call telling me I needed to be in Court the very next day. I informed the attorney I would not be able to make it with such short notice and was told I would receive and Continuance. Of course, the court denied my one and only request, found me guilty in my absence, and fined me out the ying yang. Currently my Driver's license is being held for ransom by the State for the low low price of $1500.00. They even fined me for things that have nothing to do with that State, they admit it is a mistake and I should not have that fine, but the fine is a DMV charge so they can do nothing about it.

The State is a bunch of crooks! You could not pay me enough to ever move there again.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So how exactly is this different of a domestic driver killing someones child???

If the american citizen driver was on welfare and unemployment how would said driver "pay" the clean up??

And since when do people get billed for clean up?? they might have gotten billed by the tow company who moved the car for them.

SOunds like a load of bs and sounds like the whole story is not out.

BUT of course

DANCE PUPPETS DANCE! So easily manipulated. wallow in your ingnorance.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This story hurts my heart. Truly. Being a mother I can not imagine getting a bill for this.

Let's forget the rules for a minute....

Could no ONE person gather a few others and volunteer to do this pro bono? We all know the state could have made this bill "disappear" like they do so many other things, but what I am talking about is the humanity. Why couldn't a few folks that handled the bill, did the cleaning, etc step up and say this isn't right. I think I would have had to say something.

Could no one have taken up a donation? Offer to clean it on their own time?

I just think that we need to look out for each other more when stuff like this happens. It's clear that the government isn't concerned about anybody else's well being, but we should be. This mother was lucky if she had the strength to get out of bed that morning.... then she is beaten down again by this.

Just unbelievable.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

So how exactly is this different of a domestic driver killing someones child???

If the american citizen driver was on welfare and unemployment how would said driver "pay" the clean up??

And since when do people get billed for clean up?? they might have gotten billed by the tow company who moved the car for them.

SOunds like a load of bs and sounds like the whole story is not out.

BUT of course

DANCE PUPPETS DANCE! So easily manipulated. wallow in your ingnorance.

...because if they weren't here in the first place, the accident would have never happened and the child would be alive!!
edit on 25-6-2012 by LrBc1275 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This is so shameful. That poor mother!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
You are f^$## kidding me-- this can't be real?

This is totally unbelievable and unforgivable! Really makes me ill to think what we've come to.. I hope her community came forward to help her through this. This is just awful. and 17 years is just a slap on the wrist- she KILLED someone! Un-F#ing believable!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I'm furious.

How dare obama not give this man amnesty, free welfare, education, an american job, etc

That kid deserves to die because obama said discriminating illegals is RACIST

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Welcome to 2012 where illegals rule the legal citizens rights.

Typical repub/dem aliances. Nothing new.

Write-in Ron Paul if you want a REAL change for the better.
edit on 25-6-2012 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I dug a little into this story to see if this was being over blown and over sensationalized. Sadly.. and surprisingly ..it's not.

This article: www.examiner.com... and from the local: www.wyff4.com... ndex.html

All add a little info.

From what I gather the son was about 30 years old. No explanation as to why they'd charge the mother. She was forced to pay the vehicle impound fees to "preserve evidence" for the trial, as well as the fee to have the car towed. He must not have been insured because I know insurance would pay for that. Then the city fined her $50 to clean the blood off the road. Which .. just blows my mind. I didn't even know they cleaned the blood off the road honestly.. I thought they threw some sawdust type powder and let it be.

But apparently this is "normal"? Only insurance usually covers it. I think it's absurd.. if both parties have no insurance, or hell, even if just the criminal has insurance.. the one at fault should pay for everything. Living here for 12 years and never even got a license?
She should sit the rest of her life in jail.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
reply to post by ManFromEurope

17 years? She will get out in 8, and that mother will never get her son back. Illegal alien or not, drunk driving is inexcusable. I cannot believe they billed her for the clean up, I would have taken that bill to city hall and told someone to shove it up their a$&.

Wouldn't be the first time an illegal alien killed someone driving drunk. Mexico is pretty much lawless outside Mexico City. I've heard many cases of illegal mexicans killing people for drunk driving. This world has gotten to the point people think they can just do whatever and F the consequences regardless of what they may be. I heard a case last year where a 17 year old girl was killed by a drunk driving illegal alien, he didn't see 8 years he only saw 3.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
gotta love the u.s of a ,

world police with its own backyard that wouldent even pass its own inspection ,

come on guys and gals your infrastructure is failing ,
isnt it time you got your act together

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This story is obviously a tragic one and has hopefully exposed the flaws that some laws regarding accidents have. There are laws that are unfair and need to be revised. But what I find equally disgusting is the OP using the tragic death of someone just because it benefits his or her agenda.

I seriously doubt the OP would have even posted this had this woman been killed by a white drunk driver.
edit on 6/26/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
That's South Carolina for you. A friend of mine was travelling through there and called me to say he drove past a bar called "Tar baby's"

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
This is SOOOOOO wrong!

Mom billed to clean street after son killed by drunk driving illegal alien

A grieving mother told a South Carolina court Tuesday she was slapped with several bills, including one to clean the street, after her son was killed by a drunken driver last year. WYFF reports Loretta Robinson spoke of the emotional and financial toll her son Justin Walker's death had on her as the driver Anna Gonzales, who is an illegal immigrant, pleaded guilty in the case.

Robinson told the judge she has been unable to work due to the emotional impact of her son's death, and can't pay the bills she keeps receiving from the accident even though her son was not at fault. "I had to pay to have the vehicle towed," she said according to WYFF. "I had to pay for the vehicle removed and to clean up the street from Justin's blood on the ground."

- It wasn't her sons fault. So why is he getting the bills?

- The article doesn't say how old the son was, but if he's 18, why would the mom be made to pay his bills anyways? I can see his 'estate' being billed if he owed something. But not the mom.

- Doesn't tax money pay to clean up the roads from accidents?

- She was billed to clean up her son's blood from the highway. That's just cruel.
Where is common sense?

- The person at fault was a drunk illegal alien with no way to pay for any of the clean up. Yet another example of legal Americans being stuck with a bill in ref. to illegal aliens.

OK, this is just WRONG on sooooo many levels!!! There is no way, in this world, EVER that she should be billed for something like that. They need to bill the one that hit him if they bill anyone!! He's the victim, not the perpetrator and this is just WRONG WRONG WRONG!!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
That is dreadful! Is this common practice?

At least the guy got a good sentence. Over here we had a case where an illegal knocked down and killed a little girl and then drove off. They chucked plenty of charges against him for a start he should not have even been on the road or for that matter in the country, he got 4 months inside! 4 months! That was disgusting, but this I think is perhaps not as bad because of the sentencing, but is a real kick in the teeth.

I know everywhere seems to be skint, but billing a grieving mother whose son was killed by a car for the clean up is not just insensitive, but its insane!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four

Obama should be billed for his failure to enforce the law and standing in the way of those who try.

edit on 25-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: misread

OK, that's beyond ridiculous!
It's a state law, not federal law as far as the absolutely STUPID whatever it is that's asking her to pay. Additionally, it's a red state with a republican governor so it's apparently the republican side that's asking her to pay, not the democratic side and not Obama.
Obama isn't great and awesome, but he really has absolutely NOTHING to do with this!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four

I shake my head at the stupid liberal judge who is tormenting this women. I suppose he is your hero.

It's Greensville South Carolina, the judge is conservative, not liberal, at least look things up before you try to put a political spin on it. Since he's conservative, he must be YOUR hero for trying to make her pay huh?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Judging with the way the West is turning out to be, I wouldn't be surprised if the judge is an Affirmative Action hire. It's really trying to be a gentile now in North America or Europe and it's no surprise people in droves are leaving against their will.

edit on 26-6-2012 by Nightwalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The few posters on here who are trying to politicize this are more disgusting, more atrocious, more evil and more ignorant than the state of South Carolina, the Illegal immigrant that was driving drunk and whatever court system levied the fine.
The ONLY thing that's as close to being as bad as that mother losing her child and being given a bill is the disgusting political hacks that are trying to turn it into a political debate instead of seeing that a woman is in pain and has been treated very unfairly.
Disgusting, absolutely disgusting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join