It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! My cat is missing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Originally posted by Destinyone
Some will take in a stray, and try to keep it, not knowing they are only a few doors away from home.

This has happened to me too. We found a cat and thought he was a stray and were planning on keeping him, but then we found out one of our neighbors had lost it. Putting up flyers is a great idea in that situation, so people will know not to turn the cat into the animal shelter and return it to you.

Check nearby veterinarian's offices too, people here leave found pets there instead of calling animal shelters, or if the pet appears to be from a home (like yours) they put up "found pet" flyers there.

Also, one of our cats got lost once, we were really scared, but he came back a couple of days later safe and sound.

I hope you find your cat soon.

Good luck ***hugs***

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Great news!!!

My cat showed up this morning at 4 am. We heard him outside at that hour in the morning and let him in. He was very hungry and appeared to be glad to be back. I am just not sure where the heck he had run off to but just glad that he is back.

Thanks folks for all the great advice.

I would like to believe the advice on putting the litter box outside to attract him might have worked but who knows!

Thanks again.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just love a happy ending

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Woo Hoo...all is well in Kitty Land...so happy for you both!!!!!!!

Des

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Thanks! Thanks! The funny thing is, he looks healthy, looks like he might have gained a pound or two (hmmm) and he went straight to the water and drank almost a whole bowl. Now it's a little after 12 noon and my cat has sequestered himself under the bed. I asked my wife if she yelled at him and she said she didn't. My only conclusion is he knows he was wrong and feels guilty so has hidden himself from us.

LoL

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

So glad I checked this thread again.
I told you about my cat that made it home. I didn't tell you about the one that didn't. Thanking God for answered prayers.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Yes, thanks for all your kind words and prayers. He showed up the same day we were leaving for an out of town trip. Makes me believe more that cats are psychic and know when major events are taking place.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Is your cat ill, why doesn't it go outside?

If having a captive cat is your choice, either it is making the best of the freedom or it is suffering because it has not been allowed to wander freely to adapt to it's surroundings and learn it's survival instincts better.

Glad he's OK. Fit a cat flap and let him have his freedom.
edit on 30/6/2012 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Several years ago one of my cats took off and was gone for almost two weeks. He showed back up at dinner time one night smelling of strange shampoo and wearing a new collar. Since he was a rather attractive cat I assumed that someone saw him and decided to keep him but I guess he escaped and came back to me. I don't think it would hurt to ask the neighbors and put up a few posters just in case someone has seen him. And don't forget to check with the local animal shelter - I lost a Westie once and looked everywhere for her only to find out she had been dropped off at the local shelter about 10 minutes after she escaped from my yard. I wish you all the best luck in finding him!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

I guess I should have read your last post! I have an animal rescue and I really feel for anyone missing a pet. I'm so glad he made it back.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join