It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria general and two colonels 'defect to Turkey'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You know why they defected? they saw that a NATO attack is coming i guess you don't remember what happened pre a before the war in Libya started?

The defections started in Libya before just one actual bombing started in Libya. I guess history never changes and we are helping the bad guys.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well those colonels and that general better flee to somewhere further away, Syria has an extensive missile program and anyone want to take any bets those biological and chemical missiles will be fired if any invasion takes place.

Not to mention the missiles their allies hold.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

You know why they defected? they saw that a NATO attack is coming i guess you don't remember what happened pre a before the war in Libya started?

Don't try to play mind games with me. You're unarmed. Yes, I'm aware. I was against the US putting boots on the ground remember?

The defections started in Libya before just one actual bombing started in Libya. I guess history never changes and we are helping the bad guys.

Today's liberators are tomorrows bad guys, Tomorrows Terrorist are sometimes history's Patriots etc etc etc It goes both ways depending on who is writing the history books.
edit on 25-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

By that logic, they are defecting because they know that the Sauds pockets are deep and have no interest in being on the side fighting against them.

Saudia Arabia is going to fund the anti-government fighters. If you lived there, would you be more concerned about NATO or Wahbists with unlimited funds?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
God forbid that Syrians defected cause they don't want to murder their own!!

Nah now someone is making them out to be cowards that is some flawed "logic".

Who the hell says Nato is going to bomb them?

Look into that crystal ball and tell me what the powerball numbers are for Wednesday since some here can see in to the future,

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SibylofErythrae

Saudia Arabia is going to fund the anti-government fighters. If you lived there, would you be more concerned about NATO or Wahbists with unlimited funds?

If i were in Syria i would be concerned about both.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The Syrian fighter pilot who defected with his Mig 21 last week, landed in Jordan to seek asylum.
He was encouraged by anti govt supporters in Syria to defect.
Jordan (the opposite geographical side to Turkey) has received many thousands of Syrian refugees fleeing across their border.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Look into that crystal ball and tell me what the powerball numbers are for Wednesday since some here can see in to the future,

Isn't that the same thing they have said about Libya? and NATO bombed Libya anyway?

Source

Seeing how sanctions were imposed on Syria they wont last long, sanctions been placed upon to countries have always led to wars.

And Syria, Iraq are not an exception.

If people here cant see it coming,nor cant see that whats happening in Syria is a proxy war against Russia,Iran.
Then you still haven't woken up.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
In my personal view.

After downing of that Turkish jet
It feels like a set-up for NATO to become involved. The lies continue to get us to keep fighting and providing justification for the billions of dollars spent on military equipment, bombs and propaganda.

It is also quite possible that turkey is doing NATO a favor by giving them a pretext to start intervening in Syria.
If they do that just that.

How would Russia, China respond? they have both spoken against an military intervention. If it happens what would be the consequences?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Except that almost every CREDIBLE news outlet has reported that the leaders of just about every NATO member has stressed that this will not lead to anything militarily.

Other than that though you are right!!

In my personal view.

After downing of that Turkish jet
It feels like a set-up for NATO to become involved. The lies continue to get us to keep fighting and providing justification for the billions of dollars spent on military equipment, bombs and propaganda.

It is also quite possible that turkey is doing NATO a favor by giving them a pretext to start intervening in Syria.
If they do that just that.

How would Russia, China respond? they have both spoken against an military intervention. If it happens what would be the consequences?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Except that almost every CREDIBLE news outlet has reported that the leaders of just about every NATO member has stressed that this will not lead to anything militarily.

Ah you mean those leaders that claimed they weren't going after gaddaif?

Pentagon: ‘We are not going after Gaddafi’

But they were? if they weren't going after gaddaif, who were they going after then in Libya?

I guess history never changes.
edit on 25-6-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

If i were in Syria i would be concerned about both.

NATO leaves.

Wahhbists are FOREVER.

edit on 25-6-2012 by SibylofErythrae because: spelling....it matters.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

To a point if the West was not itself pushing them into the frying-pan. Western interference will always backlash in that part of the world if not today tomorrow...

I wait for Libya civil war to start, to see again an increasing on terrorist assaults in Italy etc...

History tends to repeat itself, because we never seem to learn, or plan far into the future...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Which is sad.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
From the National Turk.
Source

Syria Turkey War – Nato joint operation on the talks, 3rd world war is coming as Russia and China back Syria up

Thats rather odd, dot you think posting that on a nationalturk news site.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

That's a pretty ballsy statement by them. Is this a reputable source?
I've never read this source before.

I find it interesting that they'd be so bold.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Indeed, i concur Slayer,

Even if the Option of Military Response is on the proverbial Table, it's quite a bold statement with lack of official announcement,

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Well it did showed up on the Google News frontpage when your searching for the news and that was a bit odd, i was going the national Turk? makes a statement like for the whole web users on Google to see?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

If you don't believe me.
Source Google Search Result

If that link posting didn't work try to search it by just searching Syrian general, two colonels defect, join ranks of defectors in Turkey with dozens of soldiers, families.

There are over at least 5584 news articles and the National Turk hows up first at the top.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I'm aware of the "Syrian general, two colonels defecting" Also, it seems that there are more and more defections by the day.

I'm talking about the reference to "3rd World War"

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join