It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

found it - here you go - what if 20 million illegals left the USA

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by twoandthree

You sir, have made the best point(s) yet.
There's little more to be said about that particular topic.
War is fought over land and resources.
To the victor the spoils.

Man, I wish I could eloquently say as much.

That post is starred for sure. (1000x if possible)

edit on 25-6-2012 by havok because: clarity....

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

that doesn't sound like the Tina Griego I used to read...

Another illegal-immigrant-bashing e-mail is going around, a column filled with the usual mix of fear-laden generalization - Crime! Disease! Invaders! Destroyers of Civilization as We Know It! While such things, when sent to me, are destined for the delete folder, this one apparently has caused some confusion as some folks - clearly not my regular readers - believe it was penned by me.

The author's byline is obvious, but some people were thrown because the first sentence refers to a recent interview I did with Mexican journalist Evangelina Hernandez. Hernandez told me the Mexican government was failing its poorest citizens and therefore losing its "best hands." But, she argued, it is ignorant to suggest illegal immigrants do not contribute to our economy. They buy groceries, food, pay rent and taxes, she noted, asking "and what happens to your country's economy if 20 million people go away?"

A good question, the cyber-column's author responds. He then answers it by apparently pulling numbers from the air. The column is a one-sided statistical slam, equal parts fiction and fear, not a single source reference. I especially like the part about the 12,000 gang members disappearing in Denver alone, as well as "Denver's four percent unemployment rate would vanish as our working poor would gain jobs at a living wage.
www.rockymountainnews.com...

Somebody really didn't do their homework on this one. Were you willing to do the research it took me 4 minutes to do to find out if this was for real?

No - you bought into it hook, line and sinker - these hateful and inaccurate emails have been circling around the country now for years - targeting all different kinds of people. Thanks for contributing to the ugliness

I wonder if you'll apologize for your mistake

I wonder if you'll even bother to read this article and see what she really has to say

I wonder
edit on 6/25/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
You want children born in the US to go back to Mexico? How about we look up your history and deport you to whatever country your ancestors came from. Ridiculous.

The real problem isn't these "illegals", it's money. Money is the main issue here and it will be the country's undoing. This whole topic resembles what my grandfather used to tell me about blacks.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Might help if they were legally allowed to have jobs and pay taxes back to the system.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HtownRocks111
Amazing statistics. I commend that fellow for all the hard work and time it took to get those numbers. S&F

it really doesn't take all that much effort or time to make things up

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
Make em all legal, force them to learn english, then sick the IRS on em for not paying back taxes on income earned while in country.

That'll have em going home in troves......the smart ones anyway.

At least would separate the leechers from those who have a honest job and give back to society.
So I am all for that as well. And every immigrant should learn the language of the country they migrate to in imo.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Grnadchilds? Really?

English would become the dominant language again? Really?

What if OUR citizens learned how to speak the English language?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
All of you are here because of legal or illegal immigration...unless you are native american or central american.
Every time a new kid on the block aka immigrant shows up everyone hates on them... if you do your home work you will know what i mean.

I saw three or four small towns in indiana take a dive after all the illegals were kicked out of factories and their homes.

I saw two small businesses go down the crapper because of it too....

taxing illegals would take their spending power away which employs you. every beer they buy, every mail box they break, every car they ding, every fountain they buy, keeps many of you employed and working.

we get taxed to hell so less money goes back into consuming.. all their income goes into consumption which helps us. If you want to start griping about welfare being exploited.... well that is a different kind of problem considering we have plenty AMERICAN CITIZENS of every race and gender cheating the system.

at one point in time your ancestors were illegals or unwanted immigrants get over it.

what really gets me is that i have experienced at one point in time a business start out by cutting corners with illegals workers and shady book keeping till they became legit then they just kicked the illegals out the door.

I have seen illegals lowballed on wages over citizens by american business owners. ANd these said people not only lowballed their illegal employees but they would even rent them out saftey gear to them that was required by osha to nickel and dime them too. These practices have benefited AMERICAN BUSINESSES OWNED BY AMERICAN CITIZENS.

If you really want to point the finger at someone it should be those who exploit citizens and illegals. Use illegals when convenient example help your business cut costs if you have a business or help your election by catering to illegals when it suits you and crap on them when it suits you.

It is just stupid how many people say Become a citizen learn english pay taxes blah blah blah.... when it was convenient they didn't have to do any of this now they are just expect to roll over and do all these things they were never expected to do.

ALl the illegals currently here should just be made citizens if they do not want to kick them out. If anymore come here illegal today send them back. Pretty much have our country say.. "yeah we dropped the ball on this and its not really their fault we let them come in because we didnt't follow our own rules. It would be a dick move to kick them out now so lets just make them citizens to those who want and enforce immigration laws from now on"

that is how it should work unless you just want to be dicks about it .

edit on 25-6-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Simple solution. Deny illegals health care. Only legals should be able to use these perks of being a citizen. The philosophy is, the more unpleasant it is for them, the less they will want to stay. Kicking illegals out of hospitals would definitely pics them off and probably eventually lower the paying citizens rates.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Wait wait! I know what we can do!

Let's identify the parts of our cities where these Illegals live, and erect fences around those areas to keep them in there. We'll let them stew for a while in there. Eventually, we could start up some kind of public works program so the ones who want to be productive members of society could, I don't know, all board trains and go to new jobs in labor camps. The ones who are too old or sick to work, or who get that way after we only feed them slop with no nutrition for a few months, can all pile into the showers and we can just gas them!

Problem solved right?

...Guys?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Don't forget about the BILLIONS of dollars that would go back into the economy from illegals claiming the child tax credit for kids who dont even live in this country!!!!!

ILLEGAL ALIEN & CHILD TAX CREDIT

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I say give them 90 days to register to get a vesta to work and live here.
next they have do like an other person legally does to become a US citizen
if they are past the 90 day and have not started to get a US citzenship by legal means Out they go..
so many of you said they pay taxes they will never see BS, the companys that know they are illeags are keeping the tax money so the IRS don't know about them at all.

the dubA$$ that said that it's like Nazi did to the jews, I geuss the US is out there putting illegals in camps right ? No way close , we give them food and drinks and send them back with no punishment at all. do a little reasearch little man

look at what other counrtys do to illegals , jail/hard larbor/ death sent back with less then what they came with to show that it ain't smart to come to their countrys

the US sends back illegals more then any other country with US money in their pockets.
Mexicains come here for a few years send money home and send for more of their family, more illegals
or send money back and when they do get sent back they can live pretty good lifes becasue of the money they made here,

the biggest thing here is the word illegal , meaning not legal

SEND THEM ALL BACK

Let the US figure out what to do with the empty jobs
companys that pay for these lobbist to keep the bills out of congress, will have to pay the billions to the workers instead of lining their pockes from the backs of the illegals, as it should be.......

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

That is pretty funny. Considering you can't realistically judge whether or not some one does drugs, by the clothes they choose to wear, their hair style and other such accessories.

I'm sorry, I don't know what made me LMAO after reading your statement and looking at your John Lennon avatar! I felt something ironic about this statement.

Sorry for interrupting...carry on!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
the funny thing was I also, judged if they used drugs or not by their attire - hair style and accessories they were wearing

That is pretty funny. Considering you can't realistically judge whether or not some one does drugs, by the clothes they choose to wear, their hair style and other such accessories.

Please, tell me you were not seriously trying to do that.

And how could you tell if they were using food stamps anyway? They aren't stamps anymore...They look just like debit cards... Did you grab the card out of their hand and look...Or... what?

All I can say is, if you are really that stuck on appearances, you are missing out on a lot of great people.

I wonder if you think you can tell an illegal alien just by looking, too. Tell me, which one is the illegal alien?

Don't judge a book by it's cover, friend.

Vote Truth_2012

The guy behind the girl on the left.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
cheap labor=slavery...

stop supporting it by only buying stuff you "need"

get your stuff locally...

reduce....re-use....recycle...

thrift shops, sharing...

etc.etc.

you know the drill

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I'm sorry, I don't know what made me LMAO after reading your statement and looking at your John Lennon avatar! I felt something ironic about this statement.

Sorry for interrupting...carry on!

Yeah! HAHAHA! Isn't adhering to dumb generalizations and ridiculous stereotypes like an uneducated simpleton just hilarious!?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lostmymarbles
Questions:

For all those illegal aliens using fake ids to get jobs that pay taxes, which they cannot claim during income tax time to get back a tax refund.

How much money would the US lose out on?

Let's just say out of the 20 million, half are paying taxes that they won't ever get back. Sounds like a lot of money the US is going to lose out on.

Who is going to replace all the workers in agriculture? Those that work for barely minimal wage?

?
edit on 25-6-2012 by Lostmymarbles because: (no reason given)

did you happen to see the thread where illegal immigrants are collecting 4 billion a year in tax refunds, some by climing up to 20 children,,, many who don't even live in the usa

secondly,,, i watched a good program on cspan one day and actually ,,,,,,,, when you buy a food product,,,,, the labor cost of it is roughly 4 percent,,,,,,, yes 4 percent

most is marketing and fuel inputs

so even i agree we could increase farm labor pay,,,,, but that is a huge hurdle to leap when most are uninformed

that 4% number blew my mind

what's even worse is an farm employee,,, who's boss is also there landlord ,,, transportation etc

squalled conditions,,, high rent,,, housed on grounds so long hours and always on call, under watch,,, and possible thrat and coercion

that sucks for anyone

however i stilll have a problem with the schooling, medical, disability, welfare costs associated with people purposely not following rules, laws ,,, and cheating the system

part blame also goes to our own enforcement,, or lack of enforcement

but then i also think what would my chances,,, lifestyle be if i wasn't so damn lucky to be born in the usa

also,,,,, Reagan purposely allowed amnesty against the wishes of many ,,,,WHY????,,, because cheap labor is a boost to the economy,,,,,,,,,,, not very a respectable a stance, reason,,, but a fact and one he couldn't let slip by

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Unfortunately, Tina Griago is a lay down for La Raza and the entire illegal alien invader community. Here is the real article she wrote of the same title. Obviously, the Rocky Mountain News died. Her, and people like Mike Litwin and their ultra leftist views have all but killed the Denver Post. I don't even think she works there anymore.

www.rockymountainnews.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Can we at least get 1 fact right? There are NOT 20 million "illegals" in America. While it's a reasonably significant number ... it's closer to 11 million:

www.nytimes.com...

I know in the era of Faux News, and Tea Baggery, facts don't matter . .. but they ARE important.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I always joke to my wife when she complains about illegals in her ER, I say without them you'd have no job since it seems to be half your census.
Immigration in this country in general is a huge problem. We simply cannot stand the burden of so many migrants.. legal and illegal. We have an 18% unemployment rate and illegals and legal immigrants driving wages into the floor. If it were not for the politically correct and the wealthy activist groups we could do something to help our country and slow the flood coming across our borders.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join