It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

found it - here you go - what if 20 million illegals left the USA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Arent you supposed to go away after you say seeya? Oh well.

And no, the extext I posted about the profiling of jews is very similar to how Mexicans are treated in the US. It is not just illegals and you know it.

And I do not remember any stories about jews living in Tent Cities before the war. Imagine what will happen to the American poor if the US goes to war and the global economy falls apart. The last place a poor person would want to be is America.

I forget what else you said.

edit- Ah thats right. Lame jokes and insults.

so.....you are wrong.
edit on 25-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

I seem to recall our economy doing just fine before the massive numbers of illegals entered the country and see no reason, with a few adjustmen,s that it wouldn't be again.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by borracho
reply to post by artnut

The issue of medical expenses is one that is very hard to argue. I don't know how many go to emergency rooms for treatment and then not pay. I do know that if someones does go to the emergency room, it is usually for good reason and they, at the hospital, are under no obligation to give any real treatment, at least here in New Mexico. There are two sides to this coin, yes I am sure there are ways that they are a draw on the system, there are also ways that they contribute. I think that people should research both sides bfore forming an opinion. The real issue is that people in this country need to blame someone for the bad economy and the illegal immigrants are an easy target. They were here since the begining of this nation, there was a time that U.S. citizens were illegally immigrating into the newly independant Mexico in the Mexican state of Texas. There were illegal immigrants during the great depression, and both world wars, many of those that came here served in those wars. Many of the white americans are decendant of people that snuck in. And yes there was a time that the government tried to round up all "illegals" and deport them, in the process they deported many natural born citizens just because of their skin color. It didn't fix anything then, it won't now.

I know it is a hard question, and that is why I brought it up. I am speaking about more than a simple trip to the emergency room, I am talking about long term care. But I am wondering how the New Mexico hospitals get around having to provide medical care ? EMTALA, or better known as "The emergency medical treatment and active labor act" enacted in 1986, requires hospitals to care for mothers in labor regardless of legal status. Anyway, if you look up the Parkland Memorial hospital in Dallas, you will get statistics on how many babies are born to illegal mothers every year. With 16,000 deliveries a year in 2006 alone, at a 50% rate of deliveries born to illegal mothers, that is a lot of babies! How many illegal mothers have $10,000 on hand to pay for a delivery? Of course I am not even talking about the hospital I volunteered at, or any other hospitals across the nation. Now, the next part of the problem, is that hospitals can get grants from, you guessed it, the federal government, medicaid, and state taxes. County taxes in fact. Taxes that I pay through my small business and real estate, etc.
Do I want mothers out in the cold? Nope, I loved those little babies no matter what status, race, etc. But, again, I want some real numbers figured out once and for all. There has to be a better way.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Arent you supposed to go away after you say seeya?

You seem to feel intimidated by my post. Why is that? I say it's because you can't refute it.

And no, the extext I posted about the profiling of jews is very similar to how Mexicans are treated in the US. It is not just illegals and you know it.

You don't know diddly about Americans, Mexicans, or even history. We both know that!

And I do not remember any stories about jews living in Tent Cities before the war. Imagine what will happen to the American poor if the US goes to war and the global economy falls apart.

One major difference between the two of us is that I concern myself more with reality than the imagined. When you grow up, perhaps you'll learn to do the same.

The last place a poor person would want to be is America.

Yet they keep coming, and keep claiming they are looking for a better life. I feel they know much more about reality than you do.

I forget what else you said.

That doesn't matter. You don't seem to be able to comprehend it anyway.

Ah thats right. Lame jokes and insults.

Spoken like the true hypocrite you have just shown yourself to be. Well done!

See ya,
Milt
edit on 25-6-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
it may leave $10 billion surplus in california, but it will cost more than that in revenue that they produced.

all those 20 million illegal aliens eat, buy things, purchase gas, etc. all of it taxed.

plus all the products and service that they helped manufacture or bring to market would be sold, bringing in more taxes.

that's reality.

it's sad it's just racism and not common sense that is the overriding factor here.

because you're mexican and illegal you can't sit your ass on a couch and watch nascar, but if you're white and legally in the country you can.

don't americans have anything better do to than complain about a mexican you don't even know, working 16 hrs a day and not complaining so their family can have a better life.

that's called paying your dues.

edit on 25-6-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Let's see now,
The population of the USA is 313,796,000. So, if 20 million illegals left, there would still be, 288,796,000 left, allowing for the 5 million american indians of course.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
There aren't 20 million illegals in the USA, there are 11 million according to the census. This thread is dis-info

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgonzo
In 2006 the Comptroller of the State of Texas released a study on the economic impact of illegal aliens in Texas. The state came out ahead. WAAAAY ahead. These numbers are backed up by subsequent reports by Pew Hispanic. The writer of the original article should go back and do more due diligence. It's easy to subtract a number (population) and deduce savings. It's also easy to say a decreased population (especially a harassed population) would lead to cleaner highways. Though that is a stretch. The original article obviously does not take into account taxes paid (property taxes, sales taxes, usage fees, fuel taxes etc.) into account. Nor does the calculation include lost productivity in several industries; agriculture being the primary one.

In sum, this is an intellectually dishonest story to begin with. This is not a partisan issue. This is a logical issue. Too bad this nation is unable to come to the same conclusion.

I guess the reason you chose not to link the report is because it's totally manipulated??!! Here, let me help you with what it REALLY says if you read it. Keep in mind that Texas does not have an income tax and relies heavily on sales taxes to provide their revenues.

While not the focus of this report, some local costs and revenues were estimated. State-paid health care costs are a small percentage of total health care spending for undocumented immigrants. The Comptroller estimates cost to hospitals not reimbursed by state funds totaled $1.3 billion in 2004. Similarly, 2005 local costs for incarceration are estimated to be $141.9 million. The Comptroller estimates that undocumented immigrants paid more than $513 million in fiscal 2005 in local taxes, including city, county and special district sales and property taxes. While state revenues exceed state expenditures for undocumented immigrants, local governments and hospitals experience the opposite, with the estimated difference being $928.9 million for 2005.

Funny, while they try to tell you that they came out $424 Million ahead, they forgot to mention that measly little $928.9 Million in costs to local governments and hospitals that the state isn't required to reimburse. Not to mention the other information in the report about what else is reimbursed by the federal government so that the state doesn't have to include it on their books!

WHAT A BOGUS REPORT!!!

www.cpa.state.tx.us...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

Oh man, another great post. Real facts, humoristic style.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

OH NOES!
like that amount of money still doesnt constitute a fortune?
edit on 25-6-2012 by truthseeker808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
There aren't 20 million illegals in the USA, there are 11 million according to the census. This thread is dis-info

Is it? We can't seem to get studies with all the factors involved. I don't think so. This administration is hell-bent on encouraging and promoting illegal immigration, why? I have followed your posts, simply because a lot of the time you stay away from right/left paradigm, and many times I appreciate what you say. The numbers don't add up here, I am not a mathmetician, and I can see this for myself. This thread brings up real questions about the financial situation and these are questions that must be asked. I don't need to rely on MSM information to figure some things out, nor will I. I am speaking from personal experience. Who stands to benefit most from illegal immigration? I have always heard, follow the money trail. Who makes out best with a large immigration population?

This is an estimate on illegal immigration, not a hard fact, because you can't truly get an accurate number. Given the fact that a few weeks ago the minority birthrate passed the white birthrate, you can't really say that this is not a factor. It is.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
When military spending and social harassment takes the biggest part of your budget, your argument is mute. Also.. If you for example close the US for Mexican immigrants, you should close it for Mexican resources as well. But yeah.. When you still believe the government can somehow solve problems, you're not awake yet. Whatever.. And this has a place here:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Honestly I was always one to land mine the border and turn it into a reality show. That would be much much better....

Loose a limb? Sorry you failed, try again next week...you still have 3 more limbs to go.....

War is good for business....make em enlist and send em off as fodder much like Lincoln did with the slaves...
edit on 25-6-2012 by Kastogere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Can we stop using the analogy of us screwing over the Native Americans when referring to this debate? It was unforgivable, but that's just how it was then. We now, all countries that is, have laws that dictate how people can legally enter a country. We have to judge the situation based on what we have now, and not by what we didn't have back then.
edit on 25-6-2012 by Morgenstern89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Amazing statistics. I commend that fellow for all the hard work and time it took to get those numbers. S&F

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

this article isn't terribly accurate, its not written from an objective pov, the author clearly has negative feelings toward the subject matter prior to doing any of their research as all of the facts and figures only point in the direction of making them leave.

Like other people have pointed out - If that many people left from the country then there would just as many economic and social issues that would replace the one's that would be solved by them leaving in the first place. Some would be entirely unpredictable as a result of a chain reaction.

Not to mention you Americans wouldn't have anyone to pick up after you hehehe!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
You have mixed feelings?

I grew up with them in my schools, gang wars, stealing.

If they want to come to America, have them do it the LEGAL way.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lostmymarbles

My family has been here for nearly 400 years, how long has your family been here?

Since the early 1600's.

I am proud of my family heritage. Both of my grandfathers fought for my right to be here. One of them earned a purple heart in WW2. The other was severly burned while fighting a serious fire.

I have several distant uncles of the past that fought in the civil war.

I feel that even though i did not fight for my country, my ancestors and living family are/have served/serving this country(regardless of what people think of the armed forces) and fought for my right to be here. I will not hesitate to serve if the time or need arrives for this country.

I support being a legal citizen and I feel that if you are here illegal then you have some pretty serious business to tend to.

Illegal means illegal. Not almost legal. It means that they are breaking the law, no matter the consequences to the economy or not. They are sucking the system dry and using the resources up that American citizens need or could use. Working or not.

This is the bitter reality and there really should be no grey area to this problem. People need to quit making excuses for these people and they need to face the reality of their situation. If they wish to be a legal citizen I have no problem with that. The roofers at the construction site are 98% mexican. They are hard workers and I respect them for that.

As an American citizen if I break the law then I have to be held accountable for my actions according to the law. There is no exceptions and there should be no exceptions for anybody.

Illegal means illegal.
edit on 25-6-2012 by liejunkie01 because: grammer

edit on 25-6-2012 by liejunkie01 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
more asians are immigrating to the US than any other group right now

please adjust your racism, stereo-typing and hatred accordingly

thank you

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

According to the census...... ROFLMFAO. Yeah, cause all illegals let the census guy into there house and tell them how many people actually live there....... Worst troll I have seen THIS YEAR.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join