It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

found it - here you go - what if 20 million illegals left the USA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
Well, today I was at a friends house in a latino neighborhood, I saw old ladies going up and down the street in home depot shopping carts collecting all the corona's from the weekend, I saw a chicken being beheaded, and a Catholic group come over to help "support" my friend who is an alcoholic, they ended up drinking and getting drunk with him, I left after all of them jumped in the pool with their cloths on. Last time I try to help.

So what you are saying is that you just don't like latinos....right?

Nice to know where you are coming from I guess...helps to be able to label people in their correct category.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
And here's what it would look like if ALL illegals left the USA.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

people were actually standing outside watching him (other illegals too)

And how do you know they were "illegals"???

Do they were signs???

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I live about 20 miles from a very small community. Last week, one of my neighbors, who is a rancher, asked if he could put some of his cattle on my upper pasture for a couple of weeks. I agreed. I called a guy in town (Miguel) who is in this country illegally (from Mexico) and asked him if he would run my fence line on that upper pasture and fix any spots that were down.

After he was finished, he came down to the house to get paid and we had a couple of beers and chatted awhile. I asked him what he thought about Obama's Amnesty plan. He said it really didn't mean much to him because his family is already getting a great education; they don't collect welfare, food stamps or any other govt subsidies, other than medical emergencies.

He explained to me that his Father came to this country illegally while his Mother and his siblings stayed in Mexico. His Dad sent all the money he made back to Mexico and when he had enough to retire, he went back to Mexico, bought a "grand hacienda" as Miguel put it, and is living the life of a wealthy man with servants, etc..
Miguel resented that his Dad was gone his whole childhood and he also resented him for not allowing him a US education.

Miguel decided to do what his Dad had done and make his fortune here in the US and retire comfortably in Mexico. The only thing he decided to do differently was to bring his wife and children along too. He said it is more expensive to raise his 5 kids here, the cost of living is MUCH higher, but that he is with his wife and kids and his kids are getting a good education.

He explained to me that if he were to become an American, it would ruin his future retirement plans in Mexico. He doesn't want to be American, but if his kids wanted to be, that was their choice. With their education, they could compete and get good jobs that most Mexicans today cant.

Bottom line is, most Mexican illegals have no intention of ever becoming citizens, otherwise they would go through the process of becoming legal. They are simply working for the yankee dollar to secure a comfortable future back in Mexico.

edit on 25-6-2012 by Elostone because: readability

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
Make em all legal, force them to learn english, ...

Careful what you wish for, that's a double edged sword.
If they learn English, they will then have the capability of stealing even more jobs.

But to answer the op's question, what happens if they all leave?
It would be time for all the welfare folks to roll up their sleeves by forcing them to work.
Win win if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lostmymarbles
How much money would the US lose out on?

Not a whole lot.

What about all those illegals from Europe that came over due to wars and economic problems in Europe?

Illegal is illegal. Send 'em all back. Start with Obama's aunt. There are some people who were granted potlicial asylum, but they are here legally.

How many years do you and your family have to live here to be considered legal?

Length of time here has nothing to do with legal status. Not a darn thing.

What makes those who's families were once illegals better then the current illegals?

Who said anyone was 'better'? Reading your question ... both groups are legal so no problem.

Why is one group allowed to stay and another forced to leave?

Hello? If someone is here legally, they stay. If someone is here illegally, they go.
What's so hard to understand?

Who has the right to tell the person who came years after him that he's an illegal and not allowed in?

Do you understand what it takes to be legal in this country? Doesn't sound like it. Sneaking across the border makes someone ILLEGAL. Filling out the proper paperwork and waiting for an opening before staying makes someone LEGAL. Get it?

Is limiting our county to just one language a good thing?

What are you talking about? People all over this country speak different languages. The common language is English because most people speak that language and there has to be a common language for legal paperwork. But no where is anyone limiting what a person can speak.

Europeans are surrounded by many languages and most of them know at least 2 or more languages.

And they are little countries with walk-across borders. So what? What they do is irrelevant.
BTW .. most schools have second languages taught and required.

How much money do cities and states lose out on for fining illegals?

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Who is going to replace all the workers in agriculture?

People sitting on their duffs collecting welfare who are able bodied and could actually be working.
There are PLENTY of those folks around. No problem.

What if a law passed that said if your family hasn't lived in this country for at least 200 years, your an ILLEGAL, would you still be okay with kicking out the illegals?

Again .. what the heck are you talking about. It has nothing to do with how long a family has been here. It has to do with the fact that you were either born here or you came through proper channels to get here legally.

My family has been here for nearly 400 years, how long has your family been here?

SILLY QUESTION.
Everyone has different branches that have been here for differnet periods of time.

My paternal grandfathers line came in the early 1600s.
My paternal grandmothers line came in the late 1800s
My maternal grandfathers line came in the early 1800s
My maternal grandmothers line was here for thousands of years (American Indians)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
You know what's funny. Mexicans are the US´s Palestinians.

They were on the land since the dawn of history. It's their land by any definition. We admit we screwed the native Americans out of their land and admit that you can't just ignore the fact that you had neighbors before you moved in. You have to co-exist.

Unless you opt for the Israeli special that goes for killing them all as the solution. Well, good luck with that, crazy dumb people. Oh, no killing of millions of people, then guess what. Mexicans are FROM California, Texas, Colorado, ect. live with it. WHY?

Because they were there since God. That's why. There are literally MEXICANS who have always been from California, Texas ect. They have always been from there.

Where would you send them too? Mexico? That's like saying that New Yorkers belong in Boston. Or whatever cross state funny reference you want. They are all American. Who cares.

I am a New Yorker and will not settle for Maine, or Delaware. No offence. I like my home. So do they.

You can say to get them out sure. But be honest. It's because they are not like us on the outside and we think they smell funny and have strange customs. Like us kissing strangers under branches of a particular tree on Christmas or worshiping a cadaver nailed to a piece of wood. Whatever.

We are all strange. The point is we are trying to make their claim to land illegitimate based on non-issues-

They are different, so what. They belong here since God or nature put them here. Why do we think it makes sense for kangaroos to be Australian and not African? Every animal belongs in his habitat, so do we in ours. They didn't decide to come here. We brought our country to them. Now live with them, or move into abandoned continents next time.

edit on 25-6-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Reminds me of what Hitler tried to do by removing citizenship from the German jew.

. All Jews were obliged to carry identity cards that indicated their Jewish heritage, and, in the autumn of 1938, all Jewish passports were stamped with an identifying letter "J". As the Nazi leaders quickened their preparations for the war of conquest that they intended to unleash on Europe, antisemitic legislation in Germany and Austria paved the way for more radical persecution of Jews.

en.wikipedia.org...

Why stop with the illegals? Imagine what you could do if you targeted all Mexican Americans. ( that was sarcasm )

Sheriff Joe would have made an awesome nazi.

edit- is America paving the way? Im starting to think that America actually went to war with England not Germany. Think about it.
edit on 25-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

As the Nazi leaders quickened their preparations for the war of conquest that they intended to unleash on Europe

This middle bit is propaganda. wiki sucks. Jews had nothing to do with the war. Two seperate things.
edit on 25-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Also, will there be Americans finally lining up to clean toilets, cook and other mundane jobs typically associated with illegals?

You need to get out more! In my almost 60 years, I have witnessed many, many, Americans of all creeds and colors doing those very jobs. Quite honestly, I have seen very few Hispanics doing them!

You would be much more credible if you spoke from experience, instead of repeating the same, very tiring, liberal talking points as consistently as you always do.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 25-6-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

They told me. Its no secret who is and who isn't in the neighborhood.

And your first comment about me not liking illegals is way off. Some are really nice and "trying" to study and make their lives better, but most I know are not. Others don't care and see it as a free pass to do what they please. I dont understand how you could get that "I dont like illegals" just because of what I said. To be fair I guess it was a bit out of context but there is a lot of experiences that I left out. Im sorry if people misunderstood me, and can understand how it would come off that way.

Also, there are alot of people I know trying to get here legally through the normal channels. Some have been waiting for decades, I mean you do know why illegals are called illegal ... right ?
edit on 25-6-2012 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Reminds me of what Hitler tried to do by removing citizenship from the German jew

That's because you can't accept the fact that illegal immigrants ARE NOT US CITIZENS.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

Reminds me of what Hitler tried to do by removing citizenship from the German jew

That's because you can't accept the fact that illegal immigrants ARE NOT US CITIZENS.

See ya,
Milt

No, its because I find the whole thing to be very similar.

I also think that the way that the US treats the poor is similar to how the nazi treated the jews. Actually, America is worse to the poor in many ways. I wonder what will happen to the poor in the US when your country falls apart. You might find that you are a refugee someday. I hope people are nicer to you than your government is to mexicans.

And what do you mean "seeya". Run away if you are afraid. Thats cool.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
In 2006 the Comptroller of the State of Texas released a study on the economic impact of illegal aliens in Texas. The state came out ahead. WAAAAY ahead. These numbers are backed up by subsequent reports by Pew Hispanic. The writer of the original article should go back and do more due diligence. It's easy to subtract a number (population) and deduce savings. It's also easy to say a decreased population (especially a harassed population) would lead to cleaner highways. Though that is a stretch. The original article obviously does not take into account taxes paid (property taxes, sales taxes, usage fees, fuel taxes etc.) into account. Nor does the calculation include lost productivity in several industries; agriculture being the primary one.

In sum, this is an intellectually dishonest story to begin with. This is not a partisan issue. This is a logical issue. Too bad this nation is unable to come to the same conclusion.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by badgonzo

Rick Perry knows how important the illegal labour is to Texas. Thats why he has policies that encouraged illegals behind his bs hardline stance.

I agree. The article is nonsense. Nationalization of the Oil Industry is the way to make the State some money. America could be out of debt in no time flat.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
good luck, its the same in britain and i have the same veiw as u, but whenever i mention it in a thread i get labelled as a racist.... o well

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by badgonzo

Can you provide a link? I am from Texas and would love to see this.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

No, its because I find the whole thing to be very similar.

Bull! You only find it "very similar" because it fits your narrow minded, and ill conceived, notions.

I also think that the way that the US treats the poor is similar to how the nazi treated the jews.

How so? The majority of our poor actually have a much higher standard of living than much of the middle class in many other countries. I'm one of them!

And what do you mean "seeya".

Try Google! While your at it, look up "?", that may help you with future questions. Also, the term was "See ya", not "seeya".

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by artnut

The issue of medical expenses is one that is very hard to argue. I don't know how many go to emergency rooms for treatment and then not pay. I do know that if someones does go to the emergency room, it is usually for good reason and they, at the hospital, are under no obligation to give any real treatment, at least here in New Mexico. There are two sides to this coin, yes I am sure there are ways that they are a draw on the system, there are also ways that they contribute. I think that people should research both sides bfore forming an opinion. The real issue is that people in this country need to blame someone for the bad economy and the illegal immigrants are an easy target. They were here since the begining of this nation, there was a time that U.S. citizens were illegally immigrating into the newly independant Mexico in the Mexican state of Texas. There were illegal immigrants during the great depression, and both world wars, many of those that came here served in those wars. Many of the white americans are decendant of people that snuck in. And yes there was a time that the government tried to round up all "illegals" and deport them, in the process they deported many natural born citizens just because of their skin color. It didn't fix anything then, it won't now.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lostmymarbles

Most are being paid under the table. Most are using false SS numbers and getting loans and houss under somone else name.

How much money would be saved in legal dispustes and criminal investigations.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Nationalization is always a bad idea, Ayn would agree if she were alive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join