It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

found it - here you go - what if 20 million illegals left the USA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+62 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I have mixed feeling on the subject - if an illegal wants to become American - wants to work hard and raise a family and make my country better - I'm for that -- now if you want to sneek in and take advantage of a loop hole and bascially dont want to be American - Get the hell out. we got enough people to take care of. and we dont need your help in making it harder for the rest of us ...

source
Somebody really did their homework on this one.

I, Tina Griego, A journalist for the Denver Rocky Mountain News wrote a column titled ,
"Mexican Visitor's Lament"- 10/25/07.

I interviewed Mexican journalist Evangelina Hernandez while visiting Denver last week. Hernandez said, "illegal aliens pay rent, buy groceries, buy clothes. What Happens to your country's economy if 20 million people go away?" Hmmm, I thought, what would happen? So I did my due diligence, buried my nose as a reporter into the FACTS I found below .

It's a good question it deserves an honest answer. Over 80% of Americans demand secured borders and illegal migration stopped. But what would happen if all 20 million or more vacated America ? The answers I found may surprise you! In California , if 3.5 million illegal aliens moved back to Mexico , it would leave an extra $10.2 billion to spend on overloaded school systems, bankrupt hospitals and overrun prisons. It would leave highways cleaner, safer and less congested. Everyone could understand one another as English became the dominant language again. In Colorado , 500,000 illegal migrants, plus their 300,000 kids and grandchilds would move back 'home', mostly to Mexico . That would save Colorado an estimated $2 billion (other experts say $7 billion) annually in taxes that pay for schooling, medical, social-services and incarceration costs. It means 12,000 gang members would vanish out of Denver alone.

Total cost a whopping $538 . 3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR! .

edit on 25-6-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2012 by Asktheanimals because: Excessive quoting of source material removed

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Well, today I was at a friends house in a latino neighborhood, I saw old ladies going up and down the street in home depot shopping carts collecting all the corona's from the weekend, I saw a chicken being beheaded, and a Catholic group come over to help "support" my friend who is an alcoholic, they ended up drinking and getting drunk with him, I left after all of them jumped in the pool with their cloths on. Last time I try to help.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
s&f,The truth speaks loud and clear
stats don't lie, liberals do. ..

peace

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

i wish i could s&f this thread until my button pusher broke
you friend are 1 awesome BornPatriot.s&f aside,that is the first time i hit the shift key since i became a member

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Questions:

For all those illegal aliens using fake ids to get jobs that pay taxes, which they cannot claim during income tax time to get back a tax refund.

How much money would the US lose out on?

Let's just say out of the 20 million, half are paying taxes that they won't ever get back. Sounds like a lot of money the US is going to lose out on.

What about all those illegals from Europe that came over due to wars and economic problems in Europe? Are they to be sent back as well? What about all those that come from Asia, Africa, and the rest of the world? Are they to be sent back as well?

At which point do you draw the line? How many years do you and your family have to live here to be considered legal? 5 years? 10 years? 30? 50? 100? 200? 300?

What makes those who's families were once illegals better then the current illegals?

Why is one group allowed to stay and another forced to leave?

Who has the right to tell the person who came years after him that he's an illegal and not allowed in?

Is limiting our county to just one language a good thing? Europeans are surrounded by many languages and most of them know at least 2 or more languages.

How much money do cities and states lose out on for fining illegals?

Who is going to replace all the workers in agriculture? Those that work for barely minimal wage?

Did you take into account that if others replaced the agriculture workers that they would demand better wages, which would require produce and food prices to skyrocket to make up for the cost of paying employees?

What if a law passed that said if your family hasn't lived in this country for at least 200 years, your an ILLEGAL, would you still be okay with kicking out the illegals?

My family has been here for nearly 400 years, how long has your family been here?
edit on 25-6-2012 by Lostmymarbles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Well those are some certainly emotionally disturbing statistics.
These numbers are most likely not even near the actual expenses.
The solution is to create an accelerated U.S. Citizenship Policy.
That way 20+ million more people pay into Uncle Sam's Tax and Social Security Plan.
It would be an all for one , one for all type of team plan.
Those who are not willing to get on board would be given a 45 day period to exit
The United States of America of their own accord without penalty, or forcibly be Deported.
Those willing to enlist in the Armed Forces of The United States of America
would be (prior to screening) eligible for U.S. Citizenship for not only themselves,
but for their immediate family members currently on U.S. Sovereign Territory as well.

Just so we are on the same page, I have relatives who came to The United States of America
in the mid 1850's who were processed through Ellis Island in New York.
They played by the rules, and their names are etched in stone there. Literally.
From verbal family accounts, it was in no way a pleasant experience for them.
Some were forced to change their names as well, to appease the nature of the times.
There was also a manditory quaranteen time to rule out disease.
Evidently, my relatives were more than willing to observe and respect these
uncomfortable and no doubt discriminatory practices just for the privilege of becoming
American Citizens.

So to be clear, I do not condone nor approve of this overwhelming and ongoing illegal
entry into The Sovereign Territory of The United States of America.
Yet, I am a Humanist and a Realist.
This solution proposed is by no means a "One Size Fits All" ,
however, it will be effective.

Later , this being ATS, we will discuss the Otherworldly Illegal Aliens,
and how we propose to best handle that.
Think we have problems now? Just Wait to you have to manage that can of worms.

Excellent Thread, Best Regards to You. S&F
Wildmanimal
edit on 25-6-2012 by Wildmanimal because: Grammar/Typo

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

Hoo Haa ! That was a good bellylaugh! Thank You!

Here: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Make em all legal, force them to learn english, then sick the IRS on em for not paying back taxes on income earned while in country.

That'll have em going home in troves......the smart ones anyway.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

I did not realize this thread was pertaining to skin color?
Please explain your response.

edit on 25-6-2012 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The Mexican Americans of New Mexico succeeded in protecting
their heritage by inserting provisions in their constitution which
made Spanish an official language, equal to the English language.
The constitution also provided that, for the following twenty years,
all laws passed by the legislature be published in both Spanish and
English, and thereafter as the legislature should provide. Prior
to 1967, notices of statewide and county elections were required to
be printed in English and "may be printed in Spanish."
Additionally, many legal notices today are required to be published
in both English and Spanish.

You cannot get rid of Spanish in New Mexico. There are provisions in the Constitution of this State the requires teachers to learn both languages as well. As far as the money saved by getting rid of the Mexicans, the report is very slanted. While it is true that there would be fewer students in the school system, that also means there would be less funding for schools. The funding is based on enrollment. There is a certain formula used by each state that figures the amount of money that goes to each district based on the number of students enrolled,not based on their legal status or culture. The immigrants that are here support the infrustructure the same way the rest of us do. When they purchase fuel for their vehicles, there is a tax that is used for road maitenance.When they buy alcohol, there is a tax that gets paid to the state and the federal government.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lostmymarbles
Questions:

For all those illegal aliens using fake ids to get jobs that pay taxes, which they cannot claim during income tax time to get back a tax refund.

How much money would the US lose out on?

Let's just say out of the 20 million, half are paying taxes that they won't ever get back. Sounds like a lot of money the US is going to lose out on.

What about all those illegals from Europe that came over due to wars and economic problems in Europe? Are they to be sent back as well? What about all those that come from Asia, Africa, and the rest of the world? Are they to be sent back as well?

At which point do you draw the line? How many years do you and your family have to live here to be considered legal? 5 years? 10 years? 30? 50? 100? 200? 300?

What makes those who's families were once illegals better then the current illegals?

Why is one group allowed to stay and another forced to leave?

Who has the right to tell the person who came years after him that he's an illegal and not allowed in?

Is limiting our county to just one language a good thing? Europeans are surrounded by many languages and most of them know at least 2 or more languages.

How much money do cities and states lose out on for fining illegals?

Who is going to replace all the workers in agriculture? Those that work for barely minimal wage?

Did you take into account that if others replaced the agriculture workers that they would demand better wages, which would require produce and food prices to skyrocket to make up for the cost of paying employees?

What if a law passed that said if your family hasn't lived in this country for at least 200 years, your an ILLEGAL, would you still be okay with kicking out the illegals?

My family has been here for nearly 400 years, how long has your family been here?
edit on 25-6-2012 by Lostmymarbles because: (no reason given)

www.wthr.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by borracho
The Mexican Americans of New Mexico succeeded in protecting
their heritage by inserting provisions in their constitution which
made Spanish an official language, equal to the English language.
The constitution also provided that, for the following twenty years,
all laws passed by the legislature be published in both Spanish and
English, and thereafter as the legislature should provide. Prior
to 1967, notices of statewide and county elections were required to
be printed in English and "may be printed in Spanish."
Additionally, many legal notices today are required to be published
in both English and Spanish.

You cannot get rid of Spanish in New Mexico. There are provisions in the Constitution of this State the requires teachers to learn both languages as well. As far as the money saved by getting rid of the Mexicans, the report is very slanted. While it is true that there would be fewer students in the school system, that also means there would be less funding for schools. The funding is based on enrollment. There is a certain formula used by each state that figures the amount of money that goes to each district based on the number of students enrolled,not based on their legal status or culture. The immigrants that are here support the infrustructure the same way the rest of us do. When they purchase fuel for their vehicles, there is a tax that is used for road maitenance.When they buy alcohol, there is a tax that gets paid to the state and the federal government.

Hmm. Good point on the tax info., I had not thought of that, of course they pay certain taxes on goods. That is a contribution to be sure.

But, what about medical bills? I volunteered for a while at a hospital in the NICU ward. A good 70% of those premature infants were minorities that could not pay their bills. We had a Spanish interpreter on staff so we could communicate with the Mothers. Do you know how much a hospital bill is for a premature baby? Some of those poor babies were so sick they were there for months. We had new patients on a daily basis. We are talking about hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical care for some of those babies, each. They will not be paying those bills, I guess the hospital eats the cost? I am talking about millions of dollars here, from the NICU ward alone, never mind other parts of the hospital. We actually had one hospital in our city close it's doors about ten years ago because they could not afford this very thing.

Most live in poverty, if they do pay taxes, they get the money back, and then some, depending on how many children they have. So I am no mathmetician, perhaps someone could do the math while taking everything into account?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by artnut

Most live in poverty, if they do pay taxes, they get the money back, and then some, depending on how many children they have. So I am no mathmetician, perhaps someone could do the math while taking everything into account?

This is simply not true.

Mexican people have a much more family-based culture. Families live together more often in one dwelling and thereby saving money. Many Mexican people live very nice lives well above poverty.

Yes, they pay taxes.....but if they are not using the proper SS card they cannot file taxes. Most taxes they pay remain in the federal coffers. You will barely ever hear a Mexican person talking about their tax refund.

Fact is this. If 20 million immigrants got up and left, we would see an immediate shortfall in tax revenues in many high immigrant population areas and a crisis in the agricultural and food processing markets.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
Well, today I was at a friends house in a latino neighborhood, I saw old ladies going up and down the street in home depot shopping carts collecting all the corona's from the weekend, I saw a chicken being beheaded, and a Catholic group come over to help "support" my friend who is an alcoholic, they ended up drinking and getting drunk with him, I left after all of them jumped in the pool with their cloths on. Last time I try to help.

I know the topic is serious, but your post is hilarious. Want more details about the beheaded chicken.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Pretty good article/stats.

What would happen if 20 million illegal immigrants left?

Let's see here:
Maybe then California would be in the black?
Maybe vote results would tally more correctly in all states?
(ouch Dems but we all know who's fighting for dead voters too)
Maybe then the current POTUS wouldn't have won 65 million votes.

I don't know but I believe that if they only paid their share...they might not stay.
Anyone can have a good life here without paying into the services they receive.

Too bad we have nice, honest politicians to keep us on the straight and narrow.

edit on 25-6-2012 by havok because: Finished!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I work in an urban neighborhood and at one point the houses and properties were going to ruin. There is now a large Hispanic movement into this neighborhood and within a couple of years, what a big difference! Houses are once again clean and painted and repaired and the lawns are cared for and look really nice.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by artnut

This is simply not true.

Mexican people have a much more family-based culture. Families live together more often in one dwelling and thereby saving money. Many Mexican people live very nice lives well above poverty.

Yes, they pay taxes.....but if they are not using the proper SS card they cannot file taxes. Most taxes they pay remain in the federal coffers. You will barely ever hear a Mexican person talking about their tax refund.

Fact is this. If 20 million immigrants got up and left, we would see an immediate shortfall in tax revenues in many high immigrant population areas and a crisis in the agricultural and food processing markets.

I dont agree. Most of them are smart enough to know how to work our system to the fullest and this is just one example of how they are raping the tax payers.

The Internal Revenue Service says everyone who is employed in the United States – even those who are working here illegally – must report income and pay taxes. Of course, undocumented workers are not supposed to have a social security number. So for them to pay taxes, the IRS created what's called an ITIN, an individual taxpayer identification number. A 9-digit ITIN number issued by the IRS provides both resident and nonresident aliens with a unique identification number that allows them to file tax returns. While that may have seemed like a good idea, it's now backfiring in a big way. Each spring, at tax preparation offices all across the nation, many illegal immigrants are now eagerly filing tax returns to take advantage of a tax loophole, using their ITIN numbers to get huge refunds from the IRS. The loophole is called the Additional Child Tax Credit. It's a fully-refundable credit of up to $1000 per child, and it's meant to help working families who have children living at home. But 13 Investigates has found many undocumented workers are claiming the tax credit for kids who live in Mexico – lots of kids in Mexico. "We've seen sometimes 10 or 12 dependents, most times nieces and nephews, on these tax forms," the whistleblower told Eyewitness News. "The more you put on there, the more you get back."

READ MORE

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I used to live in Corpus Christi, Texas worked for a dentist in a not so great part of town. I heard plenty of Mexicans talking about what they would do with their tax refunds. I also know that a lot of illegals are paid under the table, shame on us for doing so. There was also a thread last week on income tax fraud from false dependent claims. I have grown up around Mexicans my whole life, they are in my family, wonderful people most of them, but if you think they don't use the system to it's fullest advantage I don't know what to tell you. I am taking into consideration those things that you mentioned, but we need to add all of the numbers, the good sources such as those who contribute to the economy by paying taxes on goods, and bad numbers such as the huge cost of incarceration of illegal immigrants. I could be wrong here, and I will admit that, but I want the real numbers.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

as near as I can tell everyone has a skin - and that skin is colored, I guess it depends on your skin. me I look past skin, I look for character - and I have learned to look towards the conspiracy behind the way things are.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join