Originally posted by Pilgrum
Why the WTC?
The clue is in the name IE World Trade Centre which, to many peoples of the world who are disadvantaged by western economic practices, were the very
symbol of the 'economic terrorism' they'd been the victims of for generations. A passive sort of terrorism based firmly on greed that claims way
more lives due to hunger & disease than aggressive terrorism ever has with bombs & bullets. Certain 'extremists' had demonstrated a macabre
fascination with those buildings in '93 (unsuccessfully) so they upped the ante.
Isn't that the truth?
In fact, the Bible says as much. For those not interested in prophecy, just skip past my comments.
As told in Ezekiel, chapter 28 to the Prince and the King of Tyrus/Tyre:
First to the Prince:
4) With thy wisdom and with thine understanding thou hast gotten thee riches, and hast gotten gold and silver into thy treasures:
5) By thy great wisdom and by thy traffick
hast thou increased thy riches, and thine heart is lifted up because of thy riches:
So, what did God say would happen to the Prince?
7) Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy
wisdom, and they shall defile thy brightness.
Then God addresses the King of Tyrus/Tyre (Satan) for leading the Prince astray:
16) By the multitude of thy merchandise
they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as
profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
17) Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I
will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
18) Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick
; therefore will I bring forth a
fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
And finally, God tells Satan (and the nations that follow him) how he/they will be viewed in the eyes of man for the misuse of wealth:
19) All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror
, and never shalt thou be any more.