It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chili's Server Fired After Facebook Tip Rant

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Actually, she wasn't fired because of the rant on Facebook but what she allegedly threatened to do if this slacker of a tipper came back.

That, in itself, is a no-no. And I'm talking about saying that you're going to "spit" in some ones food.

Of course, we don't know the excuse for such a low tip unless she wasn't a good waitress or the people didn't realize the gratuity wasn't included in the bill.

The incident began when this young woman was stiffed on a tip. She took to Facebook to let off some steam. "Next time you tip me $5 on a $138 bill, don't even bother coming in cause I'll spit in your food and then in your #ig [sic] face you cheap bastards!!!!!!!!!"

Lesson #1: don't stiff servers on tips. It's often their main source of income and generally sends bad feelings into the universe.
Lesson #2: you probably shouldn't threaten to spit on someone on your Facebook page, especially if you live in a state where that constitutes assault, like California. Also, restaurants are generally not excited to hear their employees threaten to spit in their customers' food.

How, you might be asking, did her managers at Chili's find out about this? That is where the story gets a little more complex. This Reddit thread exploded with comments overnight, in response to the claim that a 4Chan user, Dr. Jimmy Rustles, may have been the whistleblower on this young waitress.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

When are people going to learn that the internet is being monitored and any threat, no matter how insignificant it may seem, IS significant to some one else. Even if spitting doesn't seem harmful, some states consider it a form of assault.

Some one had to rat her out...... and now since then, her Facebook account has been closed.

This is the link to Reddit that the controversy over who really turned her in came from:

www.reddit.com...

Regardless of who snitched on her, she's out of a job now, so I guess she doesn't have to worry about that $5 tip now. That is a low tip for that high of a bill but the lesson learned here is not to threaten to spit on any one or their food.

~If you go to the first link, it shows her Facebook page but I didn't include that here due to not sure of the T&C~
edit on 25-6-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

I was a truck driver for 7 years before my wreck. I ate in restaurants every day, three times a day. I have been served by a lot of waitresses.
If I get good service with a smile and a little conversation, a good tip always follows, curt service and inferior, or cold food gets sent back, and no tip. These girls know what makes a good server, and most work hard for their money. These big money places hire beauty queens to serve.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I'm willing to bet you that this genius probably either had a boss or a co worker friended on facebook.And that's how it was found out.

You have to be friends with someone to see their posts...unless she was dumb enough to not make her's private.Which really,that wouldn't surprise me.
edit on 25-6-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Wow people say stuff like this all the time just to blow of steam. Can't stand precrime...it's only gonna get worse too.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I've been a waitress many times in my youth and it comes with the territory that some people are poor tippers no matter what you do and how good you do it. At least I took that attitude with me when I worked. Then you have people that more than make up for the people who don't tip well, so it all evens out. What I find much more rude that a poor tipper, is a food server that makes a big stink about it, carrying on til the end of their shift as this person on facebook did.

I'm probably in the minority, at least I was at all the restaurants and nightclubs I worked at, but to me a tip should not be expected. I understand its implied and if I had ever had a large party that stiffed me,I would say a few words under my breath. Most restaurants automatically add on gratuity for parties of six or more.
I'm also aware that you have to tip out your busboy and sometimes the cook.

I have on occasion not received a good tip but the next time the person came in they took care of me extra and I realized that maybe they were tight on money that week. If I had run out of the restaurant screaming at them, which I have actually witnessed a couple times during my life as a waitress, i'm pretty certain they would never be back.

I wouldn't have fired this Facebook server over this, unless she was just plain rude all the time and a bad server, but would have an employee meeting and let everyone know such ungracious behavior will not be tolerated. I think it was really tacky and showed complete lack of class and manners how this food server chose to handle it. What ever happened to manners? In my mind i'm thinking she's a crappy server if she would go to the lengths she did over this. Looks like her customer was making a deliberate statement; $5 for a bill of $138.

One more thing, in some countries the tip is included so you can't as a food server expect every customer to know that. I know that's not what happened in this story, just sayin'.

edit on 6/25/2012 by Miss Sile because: added word

edit on 6/25/2012 by Miss Sile because: gypo

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Is this the same incident? Saw this few days ago.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
A lot of people don't realize that some waitresses only make money off their tip. At olive garden near me, money gets taken out of the waitress's paycheck to pay the cook and the bus boys tips. The waitress only gets paid by the restaurant $4 per hour. So if the waitress gets no tip or a small tip from the customer, she actually almost LOSES money working at Olive Garden. That's not fair no matter how bad her service is.

I always tip, but if service is not good you are only getting the standard 15% tip. If service is great you will get tipped higher.

edit on 25-6-2012 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
was a waiter for awhile and i understand why she is so angry. Words are taken all too literally, while actions don't matter at all. She threatened to spit in someones food sure, but i guarantee if she did get that group of people again, she wouldn't spit in their food even if she had the chance to.They tip almost nothing for her service and she gets fired for saying something over the web,just doesn't add up. I've had people be all but a-holes to me no tip for no reason. On the other hand, there are people who will over tip me because they realize that is where most of the money i earn comes from. To all the people that don't tip a dime for any reason, it might be just me but where ever i go i tip, no matter, just for the simple fact that i know that they make the majority of their money through TIPS. Oh your foods cold? well they didn't cook that stuff and they probably had the better judgement not to touch your food to check the temp because a lot of women are germ freaks. That is the cooks fault, and instead of not tipping the waitress, complain about the cook, but for gods sake at least tip the woman a dollar for her time.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT
A lot of people don't realize that some waitresses only make money off their tip. At olive garden near me, money gets taken out of the waitress's paycheck to pay the cook and the bus boys tips. The waitress only gets paid by the restaurant $4 per hour. So if the waitress gets no tip or a small tip from the customer, she actually almost LOSES money working at Olive Garden. That's not fair no matter how bad her service is.

I always tip, but if service is not good you are only getting the standard 15% tip. If service is great you will get tipped higher.

Think you're confused there dude.There's no way they're taking money out of a waitresses PAYCHECK to pay other people.If that's the case than it needs to be looked in to.But I'm guessing you probably meant tips.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ForgottenRebel
was a waiter for awhile and i understand why she is so angry. Words are taken all too literally, while actions don't matter at all. She threatened to spit in someones food sure, but i guarantee if she did get that group of people again, she wouldn't spit in their food even if she had the chance to.They tip almost nothing for her service and she gets fired for saying something over the web,just doesn't add up. I've had people be all but a-holes to me no tip for no reason. On the other hand, there are people who will over tip me because they realize that is where most of the money i earn comes from. To all the people that don't tip a dime for any reason, it might be just me but where ever i go i tip, no matter, just for the simple fact that i know that they make the majority of their money through TIPS. Oh your foods cold? well they didn't cook that stuff and they probably had the better judgement not to touch your food to check the temp because a lot of women are germ freaks. That is the cooks fault, and instead of not tipping the waitress, complain about the cook, but for gods sake at least tip the woman a dollar for her time.

I'm not trying to be nasty or mean or anything but I love how waiters/waitresses complain about tips when no one is forcing you to do that job.I'm usually a good tipper and I've never not left a tip.Even if the service is poor I always leave something.She did in fact threaten to spit in food...angry or not who says that? The fact that it even crossed her mind says a lot about her character.And it's not the cooks fault the food is cold...it's called taking your time getting it to the customer.And who's job is that? Hint,not the cooks.....

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Yeah..... I wasn't sure if I would violate T&C if I posted that....

Thanks for doing it.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Tipping is one thing that gripes me. I never got tipped at any of my customer service jobs and I was doing the same thing servers do, customer service. I have no sympathy for them. I've had many server friends and they make more in one night just off of tips than I would in a whole week working a lot harder and getting my balls busted even more. It would have been really nice to even come up on an extra dollar for every bozo I've had to deal with at my jobs. No sympathy, she deserves what she got. What happens at work should be left at work.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
She is crying about only getting $5 ?
It's this "someone owes me something" attitude that I am so sick of seeing.
I was a waiter and I know it sucks to bust your butt and get nothing in tips.
But this "they owe me 15% or 20% or whatever is bull crap.

If you don't like your pay, tell your boss.
Why should i pay you in tips when I'm paying you to do your job anyway?
I always leave a tip, even if the service is a little poor, but if you want a good tip you better earn it.
In fact there was only one time I did not leave a tip and I told the manager why, and because I have never left with out tipping. (the service was really that bad....no I mean worse then that )

I am so sick of people thinking they should get paid just for showing up for work, or getting a good tip because the bill was high.

NO ONE OWES YOU ANYTHING, YOU GET BACK WHAT YOU PUT INTO IT!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
If i have extra money, I tip, If I do not I don't.

A lot of times when Im on the road all I have to work with is a per diem and if I don't have a few extra bucks...sorry i cant afford to tip you.

I feel for a servers plight I really do...yet to receive a tip is one thing....to expect it is selfish. If you are being paid by the hour, you are receiving pay for compensation of work. A tip has become a "thing" that one must absolutly do like its expected. Instead of it being a little thank you for good service.

I actually had a old chinese man deliver food in the middle of the night...I gave him the amount due plus maybe a dollar and some change (it wasnt just my food but a coworker as well) and he literally stood there and wouldnt budge until I gave him more of a tip.

I told him that we didnt really have enough money for a worth while tip and he just balked. I informed him that because of his attitude, we wont be calling him again nor refer his business to any of our clients (and we deal with many per day).

It is one thing to receive a tip, it is entirely another to expect it...especially if you are already paying a delivery fee.

The only instance where I could see it being a big issue is if your a hairdresser that works on comission only and in which a tip is part of your income in a more solid sense.

In short, if I aint got the extra....you can understand if I dont tip big. When I do, I tip according to service.

But it shouldn't be an expectation....thats just selfish. If you rely that much on tips.....find a job that pays better.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT

And here is the whole problem in a nutshell, why should someone work and have to rely on the benevolence of customers to actually get paid? It is disgusting, $4 an hour, and the employers justify that by saying well the waitress gets tips, BS I say

I know things are different in each country, but if someone works for you pay them a god damn wage, you can't serve the customers without these people so pay them to do it. People go on and on about entitlement culture, but it is not an entitlement to expect to be paid for the work you do.

A tip is meant to be something given extra for a pleasant service, it is not meant to be the living wage of someone. God America sucks at some things it really does.

However this girl deserved to be fired, threatening to spit into peoples food, disgusting

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

They're paid what they are because more often than not they make a ton of money a night.Atleast if they work at a busy restaurant they do.My mother was a waitress who worked at an 'upscale' restaurant..she brought home atleast $80 a night.And she worked 6 days...and on weekends she made upwards of $150-$200 a night.Sorry but that's more than enough for a waitress.I realize that's not true for some,but at a decent place you WILL pull down some good money.And by your logic they should be making $15 an hour plus tips.Get the eff out of here a god damn monkey could do that job.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

I hate going out to eat anymore because of tipping. Just because the cost of the food is high, doesn't mean you deserve more money. I never understood this idea. I'm a horrible tipper I guess.. but frankly, I've been a server, and no matter how fancy your food is a server is an unskilled, low intelligence job that shouldn't earn more than other jobs of the same caliber. Especially when you're an elitist serving wench who feels entitled to compensation just because you took an order (and rarely even deliver the food yourself).

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Forgive me but... Shes complaining because she draws a wage from the restaurant that employs her, and expects to "paid" again in tips?

A tip is a nice little bonus for them in exchange for a job well done, to be sure, but good grief, talk about "entitled".

I'm in the UK so my understanding of this is probably flawed, its my understanding that the federal state guarantees a minimum wage of $7.25, with some individual states mandating even higher minimum wages. Granted, this isn't a huge amount, I freely acknowledge that.

Its hard work, I know, I did a short stint at waiter work for 6 months after leaving our equivalent of "high school" (we call them secondary school) here, while I waited for my further education to begin a new intake.

But to expect a tip on top of their wage, just takes the biscuit. Tips should be a bonus for doing a good job, not a right.

What next, shelf-stackers demanding tips for stacking the supermarket shelves?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BMorris
But to expect a tip on top of their wage, just takes the biscuit. Tips should be a bonus for doing a good job, not a right.

What next, shelf-stackers demanding tips for stacking the supermarket shelves?

That's my problem.They expect to be paid by the customer for doing their JOB.More often then not here in the US their service sucks even if they think they're doing a good job.Most times they're too busy playing on their phones and god forbid if you ask them for something..all you get is attitude.Pick a different job there,sweet cheeks.It's YOUR job to make sure I get what I need while I'm in your restaurant.Half the time the chick taking my order isn't the one bringing me drinks or my dinner.It's usually someone else.Than they'll reappear with the check and want to know how my meal was.Well,now,where the eff were you the whole time I was here?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Originally posted by ForgottenRebel

I'm not trying to be nasty or mean or anything but I love how waiters/waitresses complain about tips when no one is forcing you to do that job.I'm usually a good tipper and I've never not left a tip.Even if the service is poor I always leave something.She did in fact threaten to spit in food...angry or not who says that? The fact that it even crossed her mind says a lot about her character.And it's not the cooks fault the food is cold...it's called taking your time getting it to the customer.And who's job is that? Hint,not the cooks.....

Hey buddy, ever consider that people have to take the jobs they can get? I sure wish we lived in fairytale land where jobs were available everywhere!

Blaming servers for cold food? that's ridiculous, ever work in a restaraunt before? I can tell you it's usually not their fault, as alot of places have not only servers, but food runners, and expediters, I know it sucks getting cold food, but if you're somewhat polite and ask it to be fixed usually that does the trick, and they'll toss you an extra goodie or a discount of some sort

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join