It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luck is Everything, Nobody is better than you are - Proof

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I ran across this thought provoking video and thought I would share it with ATS. you being here means your lucky - think about the millions of sperm trying to find one egg and you were choosen, now if that isn't luck, I dont know what luck is - but this video is not about you being born - its about Luck. some would say the Quantum Mechanics of Luck.

edit on 25-6-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

No, it's not luck. It's chance, and natural selection. Luck implies magic or some esoteric guiding force.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It's luck......

It's also luck that you weren't aborted etc......

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Idk what it was cause i dont remember.... Im glad everybody else does....

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It reminds me of one of my favorite songs...

"Don't congratulate yourself too much, or berate yourself either. Your choices are half chance... and so are everyone else's"

Nod to Baz Luhrmann and "Sunscreen" for that.

It is indeed something to think about. I lean more to the faith (If it's meant to be, it will be) side more often than lucky/unlucky side, but there are times where I could swear bad luck sleeps on my doorstep.
edit on 6/25/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
I ran across this thought provoking video and thought I would share it with ATS. you being here means your lucky - think about the millions of sperm trying to find one egg and you were choosen, now if that isn't luck, I dont know what luck is - but this video is not about you being born - its about Luck. some would say the Quantum Mechanics of Luck.

edit on 25-6-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

That's actually interesting because I was talking about this topic with a friend yesterday. There's also a very good book on this same topic called "The Drunkard's Walk" (link to the book: www.amazon.com...). When I first read/knew about this idea/concept I wasn't ready to accept it, because it is good and comfortable to believe that we have control over our own lives, which is a lie and now I see it, even though it is still hard to accept...

S&F

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

No, it's not luck. It's chance, and natural selection. Luck implies magic or some esoteric guiding force.

You are correct in a technical sense, but this guy is talking about "chance", he's not implying it's some type of magical force... it's just plain old "luck of the draw" as he puts it.

While his theory is strictly correct, it's not generally true. On average the person who trains and puts in a lot of hard work will come out on top. The amount of people who become rich because of winning the lottery is very low. On the other hand, the amount of people who become rich because they studied and put in a lot of hard work is much higher. They are "winners" not because of pure luck.

However, now that I think about it more carefully... I guess you could say the only reason those types of people work so hard is because they have that type of personality, and as he explained their personality comes down to their DNA which is based on luck. So my laziness cannot be blamed on me, it's just in my genetics and I was made that way, it's just the cards I was dealt.

top topics

join