It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peanut Butter Before Bed, Dream Lucidly Like Never Before

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Anyway, in these dreams I had the other night, I was back in high school, and Hillary Clinton
was accepting the nomination for president or something like that

So, a nightmare...

o/

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Just a little more about lucid dreams...

Being a typical male, whenever I have experienced a lucid (controllable dream) I do two things.
First is I take off and fly, superman style. And it always happens this way--I have to get a running
jump before I can fly, and then somewhere during the flight the energy seems to drain out and I
return to the ground. It is almost as if the "power" of the "jump" dictates how far I can fly
or glide....weird.

The other thing (this is where I hope the typical male thing applies) is I attempt to have sex
with Catherine Zeta Jones. I usually dream her up in a pink thong bikini with high heels.

Okay, I'm a perv...but anyway...problem is, I can see her just fine until I get close enough to
touch her and then all of a sudden all the details on her face start fading away....it's like I can't
focus or something...very frustrating...happens every damn time...Oh well...

edit on 25-6-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

For me, I can always levitate around the world by manifesting this certain feeling in my head/mind. At first it takes some practice, but the feeling is familiar, like I've done it a million times before. After some practice and focus I can control it/stay afloat. No Catherine Zeta though...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

I should know a little about Niacin, I have read hundreds of articles about it and spent about a hundred hours researching this vitamin and all it's forms and diseases and deficiencies associated with it.

Peanut butter can have some Psychotropic properties if too much is eaten. Most foods have psychotropic properties if overindulged.
edit on 25-6-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

Then you must be trying to assanate those with peanut allergies.....Fiendishly clever.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Most peanut butter is riddled with GMO soya crap, so the dreams are probably your body warning you that your DNA is being redialed to ensure that you have mutoid kids.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I have organic super-pure PB and I'll try a tablespoon tonight before bed and let you guys know if my dreams are unusual tomorrow. I frequently have "big" dreams with very good recall.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I heard drinking a glass of orange juice or eating two oranges before bed also increases Lucid Dreamng.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Have you seen the price lately on peanut butter?
Have you noticed the amount of people allergic to peanuts now?

It skyrocketed...I think the TPTB knew about it and they don't want us to have vivid dreams which may help us awaken in real life.

This could be a big conspiracy!!
I am trying it right now
I never had any problems with peanuts before...

oh no, I am not feeling good...it must be all that gmo corn syrup! They made me allergic!
Spread...the message...uurggh

/sarcasm

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExploitedAliens
I heard drinking a glass of orange juice or eating two oranges before bed also increases Lucid Dreamng.

Another conspiracy!
Why do they suggest eating peanut butter AND orange juice in the morning?
What next, crepes and waffles?!

There is something really fishy going on here!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
i warm up and mix natural peanut butter, sugar free chocolate, and Splenda and eat it on low carb tortillas it taste like reeses peanut butter cups but is a lot lower in carbs and sugar.
i am a diabetic my doctor told me i need to eat peanuts for my heart and along with taking fish oil.

he said peanut butter is alright as long as its natural and without additives like non peanut oils and a lot of sugar.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Cheese does it for me, and I dream in color too, how many of you have noticed that? There is always a theme to my dreams, family or work, or just visits to 'far away places' nothing violent thankfully.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Interesting, talk about synchronicity.
I ate a PB&J sandwich yesterday (Peanut butter and Jam) a couple of hours before I went to bed. With two giant chocalate butttons (from Marks and Spencers Belgian choc too, very nice. It was my pudding.

I usually dream but I know they are dreams and always seem to be in someone else's control.
BUT not last night.

I had three amazing dreams (and my dreams have sometmes been undercover spy types, Dr Who, Star trek etc.)
Even lucid flying dreams.

But yesterday I seemed to be in charge and I even said in my third dream I was tired, as I had been working in all my three dreams.

I was helping people with nutrition problems, cooking for and washing up in a village fete.

I even preached for a while to a stranger who asked me personally aboout Jesus (not like me in real life, I can assure you) and a group of boy scouts asked Jesus into their lives and then I heard what seemed to be a 21 cannon salute from the heavens, with a partying sound after. I said it was the angels.

Then the vicar and his family arrived in this village and I shook their hands but the woman woulldn't let my hand go-this seemed to be very real-I had to jerk my hand loose.

Talk about very REAL dreams, almost lucid as I could decide what to do and i even had my own thoughts in my own head.

So Yeah I would say peanut butter was to blame. And as I know something about nutrition, the poster who mentioned Niacin is actually speaking the truth.
If you are Niacin deficient (even slightly) you will not remember your dreams. But you can't just add more Niacin, as all vitamin Bs must be taken together as companion nutrients.
Peanut butter has vitamin Bs in it. Roasted peanuts have slightly more Niacin.

But sunflower seeds have twice as much Niacin as peanut butter (is this why Fox Mulder constantly ate Sunflower seeds???)

Maybe as an experiment you could try Sunflower seeds?

edit on 25/6/12 by AriesJedi because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

Lol. This one makes a little more sense. Drinking some OJ before you sleep. I tried it once & had a pretty awesome dream. Try both & compare. Maybe they both work. Maybe just one. Or maybe none.

You decide.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
Cheese does it for me, and I dream in color too, how many of you have noticed that? There is always a theme to my dreams, family or work, or just visits to 'far away places' nothing violent thankfully.

Queso? Reall? >.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The junior high football coach always told the skinny football kids to eat peanut butter before bed to help pack on the pounds. I never tried it, nor was I involved in football, but it makes sense.
I wouldn't suggest doing it if you are on a diet buuuut no harm in trying I suppose.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by du Pelican Blanc

An easier way to stop hiccups is to hold your breath and swallow 3 times, more if possible but you will struggle after 3, it works for me every time.

To the op

On topic, I have eaten peanut butter before bed on plenty of occasions and can't say I've had lucid dreams because of it. But hey, different strokes and all that.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

Melatonin never did anything for me sadly. In fact I think it's not actually available down here, I asked at a chemist once and the guy told me that as it's an animal product it's not allowed - but I was getting it from a health food store. So I'm not even sure it was natural, might have been some old rubbish they formulated in a lab, but either way it had no effect on my sleep.

Melatonin? That is interesting. That is actually something that our body produces naturally and when you add more to the body, it helps to make you sleepier.

I am not sure where they get it from to make the pills. But you would be surprised about what are in some pills. For example. Premarin is a pill that is for Ostero Perosis, if I recall correctly. The active ingredient in that is derived from Horse Urine.....Yep....

But as for Melatonin, I have heard some people say it helps them sleep and some say it does not effect them at all.... So, go figure. For me, it gave me some bizzare dreams

Vote Truth_2012
edit on 25-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Okay, for what it is worth, I am back from the store with a big jar of peanuts. For the record it is " Always Save" brand....AKA Store brand.

Dry roasted peanuts....

So, I suppose I eat the 5 hand fulls just before bed? I will do so and report the results in the morning. Wish me luck!

On a side note, it is killing me not to break into these peanuts right now...They look so good!

Vote Truth_2012

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
dont work for me..and im addicted to peanut butter.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join