It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peanut Butter Before Bed, Dream Lucidly Like Never Before

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Don't skimp on that Skippy. Amount matters.

Looking forward to dream log.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I have vivid dreams almost every night, hopefully I get something really good tonight!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by nuclear12346

I hear what you're saying and understand your points. My issue with what you are saying though is that

- The first few times it happened, I wasn't expecting it, and only later made the connection with peanuts.

- I was not looking to dream-walk or whatever. And I am not talking about placebo-level stuff/typical de facto lucid dream. I am talking about a real physical reaction of some sort, a lucid dream on another level, like you're walking around awake for fifteen minutes or so, not some fleeting moment. Not just a weak placebo. Give it to a go, you'll see. It's so powerful that if people weren't selling it as peanut butter already, they could charge more and call it "dream serum".
edit on 6/25/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

I get the same effect by eating cheese or eggs at night.

Probably some kind of protein righthook n uppercut to the side of the neurons.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LexiconV

Try it. I don't think most of you realize what I'm saying. I'm not talking about dreaming about a fuzzy boob for three seconds before it fades out and you realize you're in bed in your Spongebob pajamas. Did we not see Inception?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Peanuts have nicotinic acid, a form of Niacin that is readily available to the body. They also have tryptothan which can be turned into Niacin. The Niacin compounds can do some strange things with dreams. I personally wouldn't eat a lot of peanut butter before going to sleep. Protein is hard to digest at night. a thin PB and Jelly sandwich is a good latenight snack made with about a tablespoon of PB. Too much of anything isn't good for a person.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Peanuts have nicotinic acid, a form of Niacin that is readily available to the body. They also have tryptothan which can be turned into Niacin. The Niacin compounds can do some strange things with dreams. I personally wouldn't eat a lot of peanut butter before going to sleep. Protein is hard to digest at night. a thin PB and Jelly sandwich is a good latenight snack made with about a tablespoon of PB. Too much of anything isn't good for a person.

DISINFO AGENT!!!!

j/k

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I will certainly try peanut butter. I know that chocolate can dreams but they seem to be less pleasant.

I am not sure if lucid dreaming is a practical therapy, but I am a great believer in promoting dreams. Presumably everyone dreams every night, but I want to encourage the sort of vivid dreaming that you can remember, at least a little bit, when you wake up. I have this feeling that dreams serve as a sort of safety valve for the things we worry about during the day, so that dreaming tends to ease the pressure of our worries and concerns.

Try to develop the habit of writing down notes of your dreams the minute you wake up. There's something about brain chemistry that the chemicals responsible for keeping memories are at their lowest ebb while we sleep - that's why most dreams are forgotten so quickly. So do something to try to remember them; if not a notepad, one of those small dictation recorders by the bed, or at least recite the what you remember out loud as articulating the dream images out loud seems to help them be remembered.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak

Try it. I don't think most of you realize what I'm saying. I'm not talking about dreaming about a fuzzy boob for three seconds before it fades out and you realize you're in bed in your Spongebob pajamas. Did we not see Inception?

Do you seriously think you're the only one in the world that has eaten half a jar of peanut butter before going to bed at night? Do you have any idea how many pregnant women have access to peanut butter and make their partners share that late night craving? Yes its like 3D HD dreaming like full on Avatar, out of this world character/landscape stuff.... like I said... I get the same results with cheese and eggs.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Fair enough. :-)

Wish some researchers would pinpoint the cause and put it in a tiny pill. :-)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Just in time too lol I will report back as well... It's kind of funny because just a few days ago I randomly thought about having just some peanut butter before bed and I decided not to eat it, I figured the after taste and that horrible feel in my mouth would give me trouble sleeping.

But thanks definitely doing it tonight, in just a moment actually

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I have been trying to get lucid dreams and used different techniques and foods, but have had little success. I´ve had fantastic dreams at periods, but it´s hard for me to get lucidity. I´d like to experience that more. But I can´t eat peanuts, I´m a bit allergic. Do other types of nuts (hazelnuts, almonds) have similar benefits or is peanuts especially rich of certain nutrients?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
there is a easier way - I use it when I want to - basically, you read until you feel sleepy and are about to turn off the light. the last thing you do is read your bookmarker - I will be able to control tonights dream - and it works like magic - and its that simple. my book marker is a 3X5 index card which to mark my spot.
I have noticed that I start dreaming about what I was reading alot and some times cant control everything in my dream and I rarely accomplish what I set out to do in my dreams but I do recall them with clearity.
edit on 25-6-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

I'm getting a 5X3 of Scarlett Johansson and scarfin' down five spoons of JIF . . . yeah baby . . . and it's off to dreamsville!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOOOOT WHOOOOOOT!!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well I had a very pleasant relaxed sleep after consuming half a jar of peanut butter....had some pretty intense dreams but couldn't remember much when I woke up very vivid

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Much as I love peanut butter, i dont think im going to be joining the "eating a ton of it before bed club", i have my own reasons, but look forward to hearing the results. Interesting OP, very interesting.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I had a lucid dream last night. It was scary as hell. I need a break so no peanut butter for this guy.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I have a bag of peanuts in the shell and I am a pretty vivid sometimes lucid dreamer. I am tagging on here to see what happens.

And I have more recently had some what could best be called HD dreams very very vivid...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I had nothing to be honest, but then again I fell asleep listening to that guy talk about the lack of security in London for the Olympics... I'll try again tonight though.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I too made a connection a long time ago between eating peanut butter before going to bed and my dreams, that's why I quit eating peanut butter before going to bed. Had a nightmare every single time.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think this peanut butter/lucid dream theory of yours might actually work...

Okay, my wife has been away for the last three days, I'm home alone, and so rather than cooking I
have a big glob of peanut butter on a spoon with milk and cereal for dinner. note: I rarely eat peanut butter.

So yesterday I call her to tell her about these VIVID dreams I had...not exactly lucid (I wasn't in control
of my dream or aware I was dreaming, but my recall of the dream was much better than it has been
in a long time.

I have had many lucid dreams. The best way I have found to experience them is to awake from a normal
sleep, get up for a little while, and then go back to bed and lie flat on my back (I normally sleep in the
fetal position) and try to take a nap. That doesn't always work or even produce a memorable dream,
but sometimes it does.

Anyway, in these dreams I had the other night, I was back in high school, and Hillary Clinton
was accepting the nomination for president or something like that...she was going to be the
new president. I recall passing her in the hallway and then I stopped and felt compelled to tell her
a joke...she laughed. And then I helped my dad carry a coffee can of something, and then
my mom kept falling down and I would help her up, and then some disabled guy with crutches
was carrying a bike on a pole ??? and I had to help him, and then I shot baskets with a girl
from high school that had been murdered...and after that I walked home but the road was blocked
and then I don't remember anything else....

It was a very vivid dream, and it seems like it has been months since I had a dream that vivid
and memorable....could it be that peanut butter is responsible? I don't know, probably a coincidence,
but if Hillary somehow gets elected as our next president, I'm laying off the legumes for awhile...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join