It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: "Syria Will Just Be An Excuse To Go Into Iran For Oil"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
That comment starts at 3minutes in

I've never heard a number being put forth like that before regarding the number 45

Hopefully many people saw this as there are way too many who think Iran is a threat and it's quite interesting to see the sheer number of such people
edit on 24-6-2012 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I don't like Ron Paul on many things, but on issues of foreign affairs, on his comments on CNN, I fully agree. He was on the ball. What is happening to the Syrian people is tragic, I hope they can stand up and march forward a revolution, intervention is out of the question. It's costly and it will only cost more lives.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Erm, why does an Intervention into Syria permit an invasion of Iran? Is it because Iran is likely to oppose such a measure? Or is it because Syria is a stepping stone to Iran?

I think we are jumping ahead of talking about Russia, when speaking of Syria and discussing Iranian objectives.

I want to see what Ron Paul would say about Russias reaction to any intervention in Syria, I think Iran is a war-mongerers target but why did Ron Paul not slip in a word about Russia?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Hmm, is it just me or did the interview seem to be cut short after he mentioned the "real" reasons to invade Iran?

Very good video, hopefully a lot of people indeed was watching this. Not sure how politicians can justify going into another war when we have so many problems here in the states that could use all that money that would go to the war effort.

Like education.

Met a 15 year old the other day that didn't know what galaxy we live in. Told him that there is a candy bar named after it, he asked if it was "snickers". I almost had a heart attack, cause he was being serious.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sachyriel
Erm, why does an Intervention into Syria permit an invasion of Iran? Is it because Iran is likely to oppose such a measure? Or is it because Syria is a stepping stone to Iran?

Syria is Irans closest ally in the middle east. During the Bush administration Syria along with Iran were on the whitehouse black list. There were accusations that the Syrians assisted Saddam over his resistence against American forces. If Syria falls, and you essentiall have Iraq and Afghanistan occupied by Americans forces, an american base in Saudi Arabia, Turkenistan agreeing to allow U.S forces into it's borders, Iran will be completely alone and surrounded. They will have no more allies save for Russia across the caspian sea.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

By taking out Iran's allies.

Iran is a very powerful nation with an insane military.

If Syria is taken out, the closest ally for Iran would never get there in time to aid them, due to how surrounded Iran is of US military bases.

If you look at a map of the middle east and think back to events of the last decade, you'll notice how Iran's allies have been targeted one at a time.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I hate to say it but... Ron Paul is a Bad Mother
'Shut your mouth'
I was only going to say that...Ron Paul is going to get himself killed,he just gives out 'TMIF'.I love RON PAUL' HE JUST DONT CARE,LMAF !
edit on 25-6-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
He forgot to say to also install a Rothschild banking system.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

RON PAUL 2012 HES GOT MY VOTE GO RON PAUL

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Fantastic find. Once again Ron Paul lays the truth smack down. I was a brainwashed sheep at one time, but now I am a wolf who spreads the truth. It hurts the sheep what Ron Paul has to say; truth is not easy to swallow. It is painful, it makes you doubt your country that you were in love with. It makes you doubt your beliefs, all that you were fed growing up, and Ron Paul gives you the light in these politics.

top topics

join