It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me, or are the vice presidents smarter than the presidents?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It seems to me that although I am a Bush supporter, Dick Cheney did a MUCH better job in the debates. Cheney stayed calm, he knew the issues, he brought up things that the president didn't. Cheney did a really good job. They both seemed to have much more substance than their presidential running mates. It seemed as though Bush and Kerry memorized what to say more, and Cheney and Edwards actually discussed the issues without pre-programmed responses (Although I did see a lot of those on Edwards' part) and they sounded better at that. Any thoughts on this?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Cheney and Edwards are both highly intelligent, no doubt. The only problem with Cheney is that he hasn't been right about most of the claims he made before the war. He's an armchair general who plans things on paper and assumes an outcome he can't secure.

Edwards is far more intelligent on social issues than foreign policy. He has a stronger grasp of those issues than does Cheney because he actually spends time thinking about them. Its hard to gauge these two because one is unproven and the other has been proven wrong so many times it makes his percieved strength on geopolitics (Cheney) seem silly.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
What a refreshing debate! I didnt once cringe with embarassment over what was being said by either of them.

I didnt agree with Cheney, but, omg, he acted somewhat humble tonight..not so arrogant...I guess he had to make up for Bush's distorted mouth, face, flared nostrils and unpresidential bobbing head look he presented the other day..not to mention the stupidity of it all..
Good job, Cheney

Edwards is the winner

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I would not consider Kerry stupid, nor any of the 4. Bush is considered stupid, but the claim that he got his MBA from daddy pulling strings has done a lot to put this 'picture' in peoples minds.

Bush is not stupid, just look at the folks he put around him.....

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I have two words for you Dan Quale (sp?). Im a Republican and I thought he was the biggest idiots I have ever seen.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
"Is our children learning to spell potatoe!?! "

Sorry Alcolytes, George W. is stupid, Cheney is your real president and that's all I got to say about that... Run Forest....RUN!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I don't mean to go a little of topic, but I watched the debate as all of you did. And yes I do agree that both the VP and edwards are both much more intelligent people than the Pres. or Kerry. Did anyone else notice that edwards seemed to stick out his tounge in an unusual amount? Granted, he did speak a lot, but did anyone notice this too???

-Dagger

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
VP's are there to make the President look good if they screw up in debates and major and decisions makinings in Bush's case he cant make great decisions so Cheney does it for him.

[Edited on 7-10-2004 by drunk]

new topics

top topics

join