It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Issa Predicts House Will Vote Holder in Contempt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Issa predicts 'bipartisan' contempt vote against Holder this week

The top Republican leading the House investigation into Operation Fast and Furious said Sunday he expects a "bipartisan" floor vote to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress this coming week.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Issa said vote could be delayed or avoided if the requested documents are delivered. The timing of the vote is up to the Speaker of the House.

Heck of a week coming up.

Holder vote.

SCOTUS decision on Obamacare.

(yes I did use the ATS search engine.)

edit on 6/24/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add something

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I love this BS

Rep. Elijah Cummings, R-Md., ranking Democrat on the oversight committee, told "Fox News Sunday" that the confrontation was entirely avoidable. "I think it's extremely unfortunate," he said. "The attorney general has made it clear that he is willing to work with this Congress." Read more: www.foxnews.com...
How long have they been waiting for the subpoenaed documents? Holder has dragged it out and it's all the republicans fault
The president is playing politics by utilizing the executive privilege to prevent the release. If they are smart the House democrats will not play party politics on this vote.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I have a feeling Issa would not make this prediction unless he had a good "head count."

So then Holder gets to pack his bags and Napolitano and Obama are home free? Is Congress going to drop this now? I hope not. Seems like they really need to start a full investigation at this point.

This is the first time in the history of the country that the Attorney General of the U.S. was charged with contempt.
edit on 6/24/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add info

join