It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia Is Odd...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Firstly, we are still apart of the monarch not a re public. I'm all for a republic by the way and am sure as more time passes we will be. We are after all a young country. I suppose the more the old fuddies die off it will become easier to introduce. What you may not understand about auzzies is our lack of interest or desire for fighting. Meh it will happen one day dont stress ya self about it. We still have a great, actually the best country in the world btw.

Secondly quote : Last 2 are down to certain people and don't reflect Australia as a whole, there are SO many things like that that we could judge the USA on but we don't because that would be stupid and unfair.

Exactly, not everyone agrees with a few that make pro china threads. Sure sell them sh!t but come on were did you come up with the Idea because a country exports To a certain country they should adopt the flag . Are you serious?? Generalisation much??.
edit on 24-6-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
New Zealand also bear the union Jack on their flag as we do, along with countries like Fiji, Bermuda and a few more.

It may also surprise you to learn that the flag of Hong Kong also bore the Union Jack on it prior to 1997.

So why single us Aussies out? Sounds like you have a grudge mate.

Australia is odd compared to America, but for all the right reasons

Everything else I wanted to say already has been.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
I have a lot of friends in Australia, wish I lived there! Me and my partner are considering it.

I'm sure some Australians would love a Chinese run government. Then again so would some Brits, and some of us yanks. Not very many though. I'm sure most Australians like their rights.

Still don't like that governor-general though, send her back to wales

The GG is a token gesture here these days nothing more than a waste of tax dollars, but we are not so proud as to ignore our heritage, and for better or worse we were part of the greatest empire the world has ever seen.

If you were srs then don't hesitate man this really is one of the greatest places on earth and we have a lot to offer anyone who is willing to have a go.
Once you get past stereotypes and understand our humor/culture you would appreciate the rugged beauty that is this country and it's people. Even if u didn't make it permanent you still have a hell of an adventure.

Please note checking all American ego and OP style crap at the door is directly mandatory to haveing a good time here & or surviving, also it's not hard to get in.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

I like your response too.
I've got family in Australia now who recently became citizens, and it's considered a destination and generally good place.

The Chinese take-over is really a global concern, and there's been documentary series like The Chinese Are Coming and all kinds of discussions on this.
It's not just the OP, but concerns have been raised in various countries about Chinese expansionism, and in Africa, I suppose Chinese "neo-colonialism".
There are real concerns, but also much paranoia.

I recall the 1980s, when the media said the Japanese own America, and it was a similar fear in capitalist countries about Japan.
Everything was "made in Japan".
But that just suddenly crashed.

Some say the Chinese invasion is good, and it's time for the lazy-assed youth of Western and African countries to get motivated and productive, and to stop wallowing in a human rights pipe dream.
The world must adapt to the Chinese challenge.
Of course environmentally it's not so good, from food production for more Westernized Chinese diets (extra cows and burgers) to raw materials, and an increasing throwaway society based on cheap but short-lived goods.

But yeah, SA could be the best country too, if only we had the right people ruling it...

edit on 24-6-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
what a stupid thread. its a great flag. many many aussies have fought and died under this flag helping europe and america. is the original poster australian ???? if not you are no more than an annoying fly.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 5pooky

If and when and until Australia becomes a Republic, the flag stands as is

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Well we are still under british rule, we tend to do a lot of trading with China. Whats the big deal? Plenty of pacific Islands have the Union jack on their flags also and are also under British rule... New Zealand, Fiji etc.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
i shouldn't think that a decorative strip of fabric
could tell you anything about the people of any place
nor their doings or their motivations for such
maybe if each person had their own flag it would be different

let the divisionism go

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Is North Korea gonna send a few missiles their way aready?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Sorry guys I really have no ill feelings toward Australia. I am just sick of the 2 aussies that Bash America contiuously! (Germ and Pet). China would NOT be good for your country. We have a huge department store chain here in the US. Wal Mart. I am sure you have heard of it. You CANNOT find ANYTHING made in the USA. Everything is out of China. You know China, the ones that work children 12 hour days for $2.00 a day. Obviously none of our manufactures can compete with that. Over the last 20 years, more and more China crap with less and less USA items. Many people losing their jobs.

Again, sorry. Just tired of the two A-Holes that speak as if everyone in Australia Hates the USA and China is great. I am just a dude. Like EVERYONE that I know. I went to college, work, married, 3 kids and can BARELY get by. I have no control over our A-Hole government. They campaign so nicely, then get elected for 4 years and show their true colors. Don't hate us. We are boned too. I was trying to give my "Friends a taste of their own medicine.

PS If I wasnt from the US, the UK or Australia would be my next choice. Take care. And help shut the haters up.
edit on 25-6-2012 by 5pooky because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2012 by 5pooky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 5pooky

I have an Aussie flag and it's made in china!!! . Please try to remember that there is 22 mill in Australia. As with Americans we all have different & varying views. As with all humans on the planet. Our government is stuffed too.

edit on 26-6-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 5pooky

Actually, most Australians and Kiwis love their American cousins.....

we just don't want your American military base here and we don't like American foreign policy....has nothing to do with the American general public

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by feelingconnected

One of the things I like about America is their patriotism - flying their flag proudly outside their homes; here in Australia we are not allowed to wave our flag on private property.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Oops, someone forgot to tell me this!! Yes I do love how the us fly their flags proudly.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

One of the things I like about America is their patriotism - flying their flag proudly outside their homes; here in Australia we are not allowed to wave our flag on private property.

sorry but thats just not true. i know of many people with poles and the flag in their front yard.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl

Originally posted by bluemirage5

As do I . Didn't think it was illegal. Although I did hear of some rediculless study done not so long ago about how auzzies with flags on their cars were more racist. Wonder how they came up with that one

sorry but thats just not true. i know of many people with poles and the flag in their front yard.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I agree with the Military base issue. We should only have them on US Soil. We are always poking our nose. Not the public, the government. To be honest, I spent 6 years in the US Military, and I did not know we had a base in Australia. Is it Navy?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 5pooky

Trust me Germanicus or whatever his name is has no representation for Australia. He's a troll for China. He doesn't answer questions that have any legitimate reasoning behind it, and he doesn't back up his own statements. To be quite honest I believe he could be a Chinese spook aka Trollololololol. Better to just ignore him and make him look silly.
edit on 26-6-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

U are correct. That is what I shall do...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join