It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the Greys visit while we're asleep? You tell me.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Not a bad theory at all and some of the cases seem to indicate just that , with people even being trained in the galactic language , which I have heard consists of many rather complex symbols.
Mostly however I still think that they are still trying to tweak our DNA and influencing (or trying to) who has children with whom , on some occasions, again , to study perhaps the mind blowing number of differences a small change can make...............
For better of worse? Who can say really when you really think about it.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
I still don't have an explanation for my reaction to the picture on the cover though.

I don't understand people who claim to have seen one and not be disconcerted.

If I was to actually see one I think I'd really freak out.

I've never been afraid of anything except heavy artillery and gunfire.

Getting nervous looking at an illustration doesn't add up for me.

Umph. Well, I have a bad problem with hypnogogic/hypnopompic dreams, myself, worse when I'm stressed out. Have always had them. It's familial.

A really bad one - it's hard to tell it from reality. When I wake up, it's sometimes still going on for a few seconds. That's really disorienting.

As a 5 year old kid, I used to have a number of recurring hypnopompic dreams that involved mostly little dwarf looking guys about 4 feet tall, heavy set, wearing dark brown robes, with big round eyes, really warm dark blue skin and hands sort of like dog feet with fingers. They always had really great senses of humor, and you just weren't scared of them. They generally were teachers - there was a 'school' in a clearing in the woods near the house where the other kids from nearby farms and my brothers would occasionally go at night. They always had the neatest toys and gadgets. They carried this one thing that would let you in and out of buildings through the wall, looked like a flashlight. I remember being fascinated at what was inside the wall - someone had written something on one of the 2x4s in the wall we went through in my bedroom.

As an adult, it sort of changed character, you still saw little blue guys at times but now it was quiz time. Questions all night long. And occasionally it was something else, and if it was "greys" it was a bad trip all around.

I used to wonder about it, but my wife (who learned really fast if my eyes were open and I was twitching like a dog to get out of range...) used to sit with me right after and say nothing was there. I still ended up stalking the house and grounds half the night looking for it. But a few nights she recorded me having the dream. No abduction, just a really bad night terror.

That being the case, I don't think ANY of it was ever real.

But.

That book you read, they made a movie with Christopher Walken in. And in the movie were little blue guys in robes. They were really, really similar to what I remembered. There were a couple of other things in the movie that were awfully familiar too, to the point I couldn't watch the damned thing all the way. I'm given to understand, didn't buy it myself, that his next book involved schools in the woods at night for farm kids.

Now, if it's not real, but others remember the same thing, wtf. I suppose you might be hardwired some way to produce the same sorts of horrors on command - a lot of people with hypnopompic dreams seem to see the same things, apparently. And I think I recall someone using an induction helmet was able to cause people to see 'greys' with a button push. I've wondered if it's a racial memory thing, maybe it was Neanderthal vs Greys in our deep past and we ate 'em all.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

The problem with your theory though is they've (greys) have been caught single handedly without any influence from sleeping or waking up rather already being fully awake.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

if i remember correctly one of the first modern sightings of the greys was a man seeing one at the foot of his bed though no abduction took place

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by Bedlam

The problem with your theory though is they've (greys) have been caught single handedly without any influence from sleeping or waking up rather already being fully awake.

I always think I'm awake when I see them, too. Hell, not just awake, if it's greys I'm in full combat mode, which is why the old lady learned to duck.

edit to add: I NEVER recall the waking transition for one of these things. That's one reason they're so convincing. From my POV, I'm already awake. They generally start with me waking up to a faint noise, or the dog alerting me. I lie there for a minute trying to identify why I'm awake, then I hear or see whatever it is that's cranking me up and we go from there. At some point I'm generally out of bed and after it, somewhere in there I guess I wake all the way out of the dream, but as far as I'M concerned, that happens way back at the start. It's one reason it's so hard to convince myself it's not real - there IS no transition for me that I can easily spot.
edit on 25-11-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I've seen greys right in front of me, while up, daytime as a child, rooted to the spot, and evening prior to abduction in end of May 2010. Two of my sons have too. So, they're not just dream figments. And not just greys either. Something much taller greys,that has more human form, stealthed/phased and half materializes while you are getting a phyical feeling checkup. And yes, aside from corporal or astral abductions, they do house calls as well. And experiencers/abductees often get all 3.
edit on 25-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Ugh. Tell me one of them's not an "angelic woman", sort of like Galadriel in the LOTR movie, beautiful and compelling but cold and distant.

edit on 25-11-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I'm sorry to say and I'm not questioning your credibility. But from my experience and others. If you've ever laid eyes on a grey. Then you were introduced to FEAR.

Living in a society that is the exact opposite of futurama. You can imagine what it would be like to see a homonid from another planet in your bed room with no Human logic as to how it got in there while you rolled over trying to sleep.

In other words the fear part is really misleading to the true purpose it's only there because we don't have an everyday relationship with them.

Think of a wolf having to live next to humans who never knew them. Scared and uneasy. Now imagine if you raised one of it's pups. The puppy would wonder why papa wolf is such a coward.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by Bedlam

I'm sorry to say and I'm not questioning your credibility. But from my experience and others. If you've ever laid eyes on a grey. Then you were introduced to FEAR.

Well, I think I pretty much said that. Well, not fear, as the instructor said, it's apprehension, we never use the f word.

Blue guys never scare me. It's like your crazy buddies dropped over and let themselves in the house. They talk like Tom Bombadil on meth. "Tom! Tom! Get up! Time for school! No more sleep!" or more likely these days "Tell us about Dr Lee! Who is he?"

The tall elf lady - she's like a two star. She says, you do. No questions. No play.

Greys - that's something very different.

Of course, I have to add that I get all sorts of other critters too during these things. For a long time, it was dead people, which the VA guy had a ball with.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Interesting that you should mention this. I too have recently been grappling with my own experience of greys.

My very VERY first dream memory is from when I was about 4 years old. And it's still very vivid in my mind.

My house has two stories. I was in a room on the second floor, In a bunk bed, on the lower partition. I was asleep, and suddenly became aware/awake. I noticed a light and turned my head quickly to see the bottom of a disc shaped vehicle sitting where the roof ought to be, at the level of the ceiling. The vehicle has several rings of lights. The centre is whitish I believe, and the outter ring consists of all colors. (I may have the order around the wrong way). Only half a second has passed and I notice in my peripherals some shadows in the room. My head turns sharply to the left, and I see three short humanoid figures with slightly bulbous heads and I think largish eyes (I couldn't actually see them well because they were shadowed slightly and the light was shining towards me). I immediately jumped out of bed and simultaeneously swung my left hand up and into the face of the one closest to me. I turned and ran out of my room without looking back, and jumped into my parents bed.

Coincidentally I also have an inch wide scar at the top of my spine/back of my skull that noone in my family knows the cause of :p Sigh confusing reality.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Anyone else had anything similar happen to them?

Yes, and I'm sure quite a few others have as well.

That said, I would attribute the former to HSP [Hallucinatory Sleep Paralysis] and the latter to a sleep deprivation-induced microsleep, the awakening from which can feel like a shock to the body.

As I said, I have experienced both. HSP can be very vivid, and in my case closely resembled the classic nocturnal Alien encounter scenario - paralysis, buzzing noise, the feeling of being pressed down, the sense of presence in the room, strange voices in my head...

I used to work straight through weekends when I was in the National Guard to avoid taking vacation days [I was on rotating swing shift in my civilian job] and I had more than my share of microsleeps and shock awakenings. Still have them on long road trips, and it can be very frightening to realize that you were asleep at the wheel for an unknown period of time.

So I believe you experienced what you describe, just not that there was anything unconventional behind it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join