Do the Greys visit while we're asleep? You tell me.

page: 1
16
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well, I never thought I'd write about this and certainly never dreampt I'd offer it for public consumption, but having just seen some young dude on another thread offer his story and take the crap on the chin I suppose I should be a man and do the same.

Many years ago (about 20) I awoke one night from a nasty dream. I'd been dreaming that at the foot of my bed four nasty goblin type creatures were coming up through the floor and they were all looking at me.
That was it, thats all I remember. However, unlike most dreams this one did not fade.

A year or two later I got my first PC and modem, and an internet connection. Well, one night while browsing I found myself looking at a picture of the goblins I'd seen in my dream. Today we dont call them goblins, we call them The Greys!!

I now realise the goblins that I saw were not coming up through the floor, I had assumed they were because the lower half of their bodies were below the end of my bed.

Stats for the Greys.
About 3.5 feet tall
Big head.
Grey in colour.
Look like a goblin.

Now consider a grey standing at the foot of your bed. Everything below its chest height will be hidden by the bed. Also its got a big head.
From my position the big head and obscured lower half of their body's gave the impression they were coming up through the floor, exactly how a short big headed grey might look if it was standing at the foot of your bed.

Was this reall?
I dont know. At the time I had absolutely no knowledge of alien greys. it was when I learnt about the greys on the net that I realised what I'd seen/dreamt.

if its real then what's it all about?
Why visit people who are asleep?
Have I or Them gained anything?

Well, something happened only a few months ago that may be linked to this.
I was watching a short documentary about Jordan Maxwell and he was telling about how he feels someone or something is watching over him. He said he was in a resteraunt and behind him two people walked in. He said all of a sudden he felt an enormous electrical shock and a voice told him to run because he was in danger.

Now, a few months ago I'd had two days without sleep because my grandson was ill. When we knew he was going to be ok I jumped in my car and started driving home. I'd only been driving a few minutes when I realised I was in danger of falling asleep. About half way through the journey I recieved a massive electrical shock. I HAD fallen asleep! Holy crap!!
I said I recieved an electrical shock, well I'm not joking, it hurt like hell. But I didnt crash!!!

So there you have it. say what you want, call me names, I dont care, I'm just telling you what I saw and what I felt when I fell asleep at the wheel.

Is it all linked? your guess is as good as mine.

Even if we ignore the posible visit from the greys I am still intrigued by the way I was woken while driving. I do not exagerate when I say it was like a massive shock. Even though I was dealing with the mental shock of knowing I'd fallen asleep at the wheel I was aware that my entire body was buzzing. Electronics is a hobby of mine so I am quite familiar with the sensation of being zapped, this was the same but on a much larger scale.
Either we have some kind of inbuilt alarm system or something deliberatley zapped me to wake me up.

Anyone else had anything similar happen to them?


Spell checker not used so if the spelling is off I'm claiming I did it on purpose.




posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Easy answer.... No....



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'm going to shoot the first one of those critters I ever catch seeking around while I'm sleeping.



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
A Jungian approach / Joseph Campbell / Jacques Vallee / parapsychology approach is the best approach, imo. Not an approach that gets sucked into a literalistic interpretation of our modern materialistic ET mythology. Yes, they are real. But reality is neither subjective nor objective and our flawed interpretations of our limited perceptions shape the mystical experience for good or ill.

edit on 24-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It's an interesting thought .. the only thing I would really say is that people all sleep at different times, especially in a lot of homes these days.. growing up, at least me or my brother would be up till 4am.. and I'm sure our neighbors were up later than us on most nights..

I guess my point is that if sleep triggers a visitation then they have to really be good at picking their targets.. so ultimately I'm not sure about that one..

The skeptic in my however goes to plausibility and I would suggest that most likely it's probably not real.. I've had some very terrifying experiences growing up because I have a sleep disorder, so it sometimes makes me more susceptible to what I guess you could call night terrors .. for me it's basically being on the line of awake and asleep, my eyes will be open and reality will mix with dreams.. things I actually see with my physical eyes will turn into a frightening hallucination pretty much.. I've seen shadows in the corner of the room morph into a being.. I've seen race cars driving around my curtain as if it was a track.. and I've seen my toys when I was young, get up and try to slowly approach me while I can't move.. just watch and be afraid until I get to such a high point of anxiety that I break out of it.

Keep in mind .. I'm in my mid 30s now and it's not like this would happen daily .. those 3-4 things spanned my lifetime.. didn't want to make it sound like I'm going through it regularly
.. but I think something LIKE that phenomena could explain a lot of these visitation experiences .. not all of them I'm sure.. but certainly some.




posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybro
I'm going to shoot the first one of those critters I ever catch seeking around while I'm sleeping.


Dangerous idea... two risks there

1. You might just be having a waking dream like I described, so you could hurt SOMEONE not an alien =) especially if you live with family.. you can't really trust your perception if you have a waking dream, scary stuff often enough!

2. What if it IS an alien and it can read your thoughts like some suggest... merely thinking something like that would probably end badly for you ..

A lot of these visitation experiences by the way, do mention that they are paralyzed when it happens.. so I still think it fits the possibility of dream paralysis / waking dreams



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybro
I'm going to shoot the first one of those critters I ever catch seeking around while I'm sleeping.


Said the ego-self to the whole.



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Well, I never thought I'd write about this and certainly never dreampt I'd offer it for public consumption, but having just seen some young dude on another thread offer his story and take the crap on the chin I suppose I should be a man and do the same.

Many years ago (about 20) I awoke one night from a nasty dream. I'd been dreaming that at the foot of my bed four nasty goblin type creatures were coming up through the floor and they were all looking at me.
That was it, thats all I remember. However, unlike most dreams this one did not fade.

A year or two later I got my first PC and modem, and an internet connection. Well, one night while browsing I found myself looking at a picture of the goblins I'd seen in my dream. Today we dont call them goblins, we call them The Greys!!

I now realise the goblins that I saw were not coming up through the floor, I had assumed they were because the lower half of their bodies were below the end of my bed.

Stats for the Greys.
About 3.5 feet tall
Big head.
Grey in colour.
Look like a goblin.

Now consider a grey standing at the foot of your bed. Everything below its chest height will be hidden by the bed. Also its got a big head.
From my position the big head and obscured lower half of their body's gave the impression they were coming up through the floor, exactly how a short big headed grey might look if it was standing at the foot of your bed.

Was this reall?
I dont know. At the time I had absolutely no knowledge of alien greys. it was when I learnt about the greys on the net that I realised what I'd seen/dreamt.

if its real then what's it all about?
Why visit people who are asleep?
Have I or Them gained anything?

Well, something happened only a few months ago that may be linked to this.
I was watching a short documentary about Jordan Maxwell and he was telling about how he feels someone or something is watching over him. He said he was in a resteraunt and behind him two people walked in. He said all of a sudden he felt an enormous electrical shock and a voice told him to run because he was in danger.

Now, a few months ago I'd had two days without sleep because my grandson was ill. When we knew he was going to be ok I jumped in my car and started driving home. I'd only been driving a few minutes when I realised I was in danger of falling asleep. About half way through the journey I recieved a massive electrical shock. I HAD fallen asleep! Holy crap!!
I said I recieved an electrical shock, well I'm not joking, it hurt like hell. But I didnt crash!!!

So there you have it. say what you want, call me names, I dont care, I'm just telling you what I saw and what I felt when I fell asleep at the wheel.

Is it all linked? your guess is as good as mine.

Even if we ignore the posible visit from the greys I am still intrigued by the way I was woken while driving. I do not exagerate when I say it was like a massive shock. Even though I was dealing with the mental shock of knowing I'd fallen asleep at the wheel I was aware that my entire body was buzzing. Electronics is a hobby of mine so I am quite familiar with the sensation of being zapped, this was the same but on a much larger scale.
Either we have some kind of inbuilt alarm system or something deliberatley zapped me to wake me up.

Anyone else had anything similar happen to them?


Spell checker not used so if the spelling is off I'm claiming I did it on purpose.


It's really hard to say or guess. Personally I believe that these experiences have their own values if under the perspective of who experienced it and how this person felt after it. How does these experiences affect your life? What did you learn from them?

I believe these things are real and a lot of "creepy" or weird things happen to us in a daily basis, but just as it happens in a magic show, we're manipulated into seeing only what we "need" to see, if you know what I mean. It is said that our brains are able to process only a small percentage of all of the information we get, so what about the entire other whole of information? Maybe we can't process it, maybe we do and forget it, who knows? As I said, to me what matters is how these experiences affect you and everyone around you and how you feel about it.

Thanks for sharing your stories and opinions.



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus
 


I'm aware of the waking dreams and being paralysed. My more logical side tells me its was just a dream. However, as I said, I had no knowledge of greys until I had the internet. That was when I realised that what I saw was identical to the greys.
I can never realy know if it was real or a dream, unless i meet a grey
just thought I'd throw it out there and see what others think/know about this subject.

The mind can be a crazy place



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I do not dream about small grays. I dream about one single reptilian female about 7 feet tall.
Just think of a large sex crazed anamorphic anatomically correct female lizard with more on her mind than saving me on my car insurance. It is only a messed up dream but I wished I could met her in real life in the real world one night. By morning I would be half way across the galaxy.



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
One the more fascinating threads I've read on ATS:

Alien Abduction: An Astral Phenomenon? by Skyfloating

Real? Unreal? How about a mixture of both...

Thanks for sharing and postulating, OP.
edit on 24-6-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Yes they're real. Asleep so you don't remember unless your consciousness is higher. And mostly they are the harvesters so. Raise frequency and be loving, work on perfecting or as Lou Baldin puts it, wearing clean underwear. Its never just sudden, they come along though. But what most don't realize, that is true for everyone, that there is always checkups going on, and there are sides. Be calm and not fear but love, and seek inside, for answers, and protection.



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Anyone else had anything similar happen to them?


I sometimes get shocks when I am about to fall asleep, I think a lot of people do. I have never dreamt of or encountered any weird looking beings though.



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk
 


Off topic: That other fella was a Xenophobe, and he's just coming to grips with his disorder. The first step in over coming a fear is to define why you are afraid. Fear is both irrational behavior, and an effective survival mechanism.

On topic:



Now, a few months ago I'd had two days without sleep because my grandson was ill. When we knew he was going to be ok I jumped in my car and started driving home. I'd only been driving a few minutes when I realised I was in danger of falling asleep. About half way through the journey I recieved a massive electrical shock. I HAD fallen asleep! Holy crap!! I said I recieved an electrical shock, well I'm not joking, it hurt like hell. But I didnt crash!!!


Sleep deprivation causes your body to do strange things. In your case, the soothing vibrations of the road caused you to fall asleep almost immediately (your conscious mind), but your subconscious was still active.

You also need to realize that your brain never stops functioning, and accept the fact that you never really sleep, you only changes states of consciousness.

Undoubtedly, your will power was pushed to the limit, and your conscious mind was trying to over rule your subconscious, then I'll throw in the fact that you were pumped full of naturally occurring chemicals due to the amount of stress and emotion you had been dealing with. Most people don't disrupt the normal circadian rhythm, and I find sleep deprivation to be a fascinating subject. Many famous people have had that "aha" moment during periods of sleep deprivation, such as Nostradamus, Edison, Tesla, and Einstein. Marines going through boot camp face extended periods of no sleep, as part of their conditioning.

That said, your subconscious mind (brain), sensed that your body was in danger, and sent a surge of neural-transmitters, and probably a nice jolt of adrenaline, into your system. Imagine all your neural synapses firing at once, something akin to re-booting. That would feel like an electrical shock. I'll bet you were wide awake instantly.

I can relate. I've had a few of those whole body jolts before. I know exactly what it feels like. In all the times I've experienced it, it's been during the process of falling asleep. It's always occurred before the onset of a dream, and it could be related to the phenomena of OOBEs.

Once, I was drifting off (in bed, thankfully), and was beginning to float up out of my body. There was a terrible jolt, a whole body spasm, and a distinctive *bzzzzzzzt* that started in my ears and went through my whole body. I jolted awake.

Another time, while dreaming, I was "flying" through the darkness, and was approaching an area that was foreboding and I was afraid to fly there. It suddenly occurred to me that I was dreaming, and flying, and that I didn't want to go "there". *bzzzzzzzt*, and I was wide awake again, pondering what my dream was about.

Afterwards, I started reading up on Astral Travel. OOBEs. The works. I practiced lucid dreaming, and began to understand how little we actually know about our brains and how they work. I started keeping a dream journal. Now, I have dreams all the time, visiting many places I didn't know existed, and get to experience "movie length" dreams that are as real as reality while I am "dreaming", complete with smells, colors, and best of all, I get to interact with my dreams.

Unfortunately, I don't believe in Greys, or aliens for that matter. I say it is all linked to how our brain relates information to our consciousness, and how we perceive what is reality and what isn't. I know my dreams aren't real, but that doesn't prevent me from experiencing them. It's also helpful to realize your mind may play tricks on you, but they're not really tricks, they're just the way you relate to your subconscious.



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The "greys" are just simply a android race...They only do what they are programmed to do (so to speak). Whoever created them, made them for Earth and their job/s here....So givin' that we can assume they are only able to preform certain tasks...

On a side note, one of those little puny ******* came into my apartment they would have three hole through their head.


-SAP-



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Yea, I had something similar happen to me:

I don't know if these things are alien, demons, or other; but they have communicated with me, telepathically… while I was sleeping; almost an out of body type setting… they said this one will live a lifetime, whatever that may mean? I don’t know.

This happened many years ago (almost 40 years ago), and I still remember it as if it just happened. There have been several situations in which I felt like they may have been protecting me; for what reason I don’t know?

The only thing you can do is hope that one day we will understand what it was all about. Thank you for coming forward, with your story…it has brought back a flood of memories and not something I talk about much.

One question for you…Did you happen to see or think that you may have seen a UFO before this happened?
edit on 6/24/2012 by Shdak because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I'm off to bed, but I will be making a huge response tomorrow.

Star and Flag, by the way.

Yes, I think we are being visited by ET's, be it greys or another race. Those visits, in my opinion, are known as 'night terrors', 'sleep paralysis', or incubus attacks.

I will be in more detail tomorrow



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shdak
One question for you…Did you happen to see or think that you may have seen a UFO before this happened?


Very good point. It was so long ago that I cant remember whether what I'm about to say happened before or after but certainly close to the same time one of my daughters returned home one evening saying that she'd seen a triangular object in the sky. She was convinced it was following her. At that time the subject of greys and flying saucers was not part of our lives and I remember deperately trying to convince her it was just a plane flying low. Then a little while after that we got a pc and got on line and I heard about the Belgium triangular ufo sightings. If we take a straight line then Belgium is only about 30 miles from where I live.

Do you ask because you think seeing something could have caused me to dream of this?



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by VoidHawk
 


Off topic: That other fella was a Xenophobe, and he's just coming to grips with his disorder. The first step in over coming a fear is to define why you are afraid. Fear is both irrational behavior, and an effective survival mechanism.

I knew there was something wrong, though I couldnt have put a label on it as you have done, just felt a bit sorry for the guy.



That said, your subconscious mind (brain), sensed that your body was in danger, and sent a surge of neural-transmitters, and probably a nice jolt of adrenaline, into your system. Imagine all your neural synapses firing at once, something akin to re-booting. That would feel like an electrical shock. I'll bet you were wide awake instantly.

"I'll bet you were wide awake instantly"
You know, that was something I noticed at the time, I was VERY awake.
I have experienced the "jolt" while falling asleep. Lets put the jolt (on a scale of 1 to 10) at 3. What I experienced in my car was off the scale.
If we assume that what I experienced was the jolt that you speak of then it seems to me that our mind is able to control the stregnth of the shock. Certainly in my case it was an urgent situation and I'm definately thankful it happened but that leads me to ask what are we being protected from when this happens when we are falling asleep in our beds?



Unfortunately, I don't believe in Greys, or aliens

I'm not saying that I believe in Greys, though I do not dismiss the idea either. I'm well past 50 now and I've seen enough to know that just because I personaly dont believe something, that does not mean its not true. Therefore I remain open minded until some evidence is provided.
It does seem very odd to me that what I saw at the end of my bed was the exact same thing that we all call a Grey, What are the chances of me inventing the same image?
Personaly I do believe there are aliens out their somewhere, whether they visit us has yet to be proven, but I have no proof that they're not visiting so again I remain open minded.

Very interesting reply



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
I'm off to bed, but I will be making a huge response tomorrow.

Star and Flag, by the way.

Yes, I think we are being visited by ET's, be it greys or another race. Those visits, in my opinion, are known as 'night terrors', 'sleep paralysis', or incubus attacks.

I will be in more detail tomorrow


The Incubus and the Sucubus's - If thats what it was then those that visited me were a very ugly variety


Cant wait for your reply, please hurry back.





top topics
 
16
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join