It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blaming islam for terrorism is like blaming christianity for Colonialism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The Terrorist that you never thought :

Who started the First World War? Islam ?
Who started the second World War? Islam ?
Who Killed about 20 millions of Aborigines in Australia? Islam ?
Who Threw Nuclear bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Islam
Who Killed more than 100 millions of Red Indians in North America? Islam ?
Who killed more than 50 millions of RedIndians in Southa America? Islam ?
Who took about 180 millions of African people as slaves and killed 88% of them and threw in atlantic oceans? Islam ?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DumbTopSecretWriters
Who Killed about 20 millions of Aborigines in Australia?

There were never 20 million Aborigines in Australia.
Some of your other numbers are absurd exaggerations as well.

And it would also be helpful if your brain could come up with its own original point of view rather than your post being a 100 percent copy-and-paste of stuff you found elsewhere on the internet.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well, I completely agree, although I would say that colonialism existed long before Christianity.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DumbTopSecretWriters

Noted.

I agree with the sentiment.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
True dat

Also sums up my parties feelings on the matter

edit on 24-6-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Wh-what? Is there a point to all this?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Correct me if I am wrong (history is not my strong point) but weren't most of the seafaring western nations (France, UK, Holland, Spain, Portugal, et al) all going out and claiming lands from afar in the name of The King, and therefore by extension the Vatican? (Most monarchies were always begging the Pope for favours, forgiveness or permission at some point or other, mutual back-scratching and redistribution of treasures gained...)

Plant a flag, say some words, kill a few natives and force your language on them, kinda thing?

edit on 24/6/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I actually watched the film Australia last night, and how the aboriginies (dunno how u spell that) were treated was horrendous, regardless of numbers.
edit on 24-6-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
I actually watched the film Australia last night, and how the aboriginies (dunno how u spell that) were treated was horrenous, regarless of numbers.

Absolutely true.
Which is why the issue should stand on its own merits, and not fictitious merits.

It should also be worth noting that the fim you refer to was roundly canned in Australia when it came out because although it claims to be a true story, it is mostly twisted fiction.

This doesnt change the events that happened to real people, which is why I go back to my original point that one shouldnt LIE in order to draw attention to wrongdoings.

Edit - I was actually thinking of Rabbit Proof Fence there, but much the same argument goes for Australia.

edit on 24-6-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Starr n Flagged dude

Nevermind australia..

What about russia ?

with a number of recent historians suggesting a likely total of around 20 million, citing much higher victim totals from executions, gulags, deportations and other causes

Let me add another Oops!

edit on 24-6-2012 by iIuminaIi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Blaming the West for all the problems in the Middle East is like blaming terrorism on Islam as well.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Who started the First World War? Islam ?
Who started the second World War? Islam ?
Who Killed about 20 millions of Aborigines in Australia? Islam ?
Who Threw Nuclear bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Islam
Who Killed more than 100 millions of Red Indians in North America? Islam ?
Who killed more than 50 millions of RedIndians in Southa America? Islam ?
Who took about 180 millions of African people as slaves and killed 88% of them and threw in atlantic oceans? Islam ?

Oh, I can't help myself here. With a thread like this.....

Answer: No to all of the above. They have been to busy off'ing themselves and driving their technology a century behind everyone elses because of the witches! I think it was because Islam has been too tolerant of other religions previously. Don't worry, everyone knows that they are trying to one day catch up to these atrocities. Maybe this century. _javascript:icon('
')

But Turkey got a million or so Armenians last century.

www.livescience.com...

edit on 24-6-2012 by infolurker because: add

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

What does any of that regurgitated nonsense have to do with my post? It sure as hell wasn't a contradiction! If anything at all, that crap was more of an affirmation!

Get your numbers correct, and state some facts, then we'll discuss atrocities.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The argument of the OP is flawed... and flawed for a single, simple reason.
Terrorism, as broadly defined, is not only encouraged, but mandated in the Qu'ran.
Colonialism, in any definition, is neither encouraged, nor mandated, nor even remotely discussed in the Bible... and therein lies the difference. To even begin to address the two religions, you must take them at their word, and extrapolate from there.

Islam is a political/religious system. It does not distinguish between 'church' and state, primarily because the two are seen to be facets of a single establishment that is put in place by Allah.

Christianity, on the other hand, is apolitical.
Attempts have been made by its adherents to make a political/religious system out of Christianity (Calvin's Geneva is a standout example); these attempts have always ended the same way: badly... and that, for one simple reason: Jesus Christ Himself said "my Kingdom is not of this world", and he meant it. Attempts to establish "God's Kingdom here on earth" are not only misguided, they are in fact blatantly opposed to Scripture.

so no... blaming Islam for terrorism is nothing like blaming Christianity for colonialism.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Oooh images strewn throughout the post, it must be logic and fact and none of that fancy attention seeking stuff, eh!

Hmm, 20 of millions. How many is that? Certainly more than the estimated 318,000 and 1,000,000 at the time.

Did the british have a time machine, kill every single Aborigine and then go back in time to do it another 20-40 times?

Must be.. But hey your post is full of images and fancy statements, only a fool would disagree with you.

This kiddies, is what you look like when you don't think for yourself and regurgitate ignorance in public *points at op*

It proves that facts are useless when used by simple people.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Agreed

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

reply to post by mainidh

Christianity does happen to have the lion's share of blame on colonialism while Islam does not have a monopoly on terrorism. Extremely poor reasoning detracting from a valuable message.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Originally posted by Awen24
The argument of the OP is flawed... and flawed for a single, simple reason.
Terrorism, as broadly defined, is not only encouraged, but mandated in the Qu'ran.

Terrorism, as broadly defined, is not only encouraged, but mandated in the US Constitution
Terrorism, as broadly defined, is not only encouraged, but mandated in the Bible
Terrorism, as broadly defined, is not only encouraged, but mandated in the McDonalds MOI
Terrorism, as broadly defined, is not only encouraged, but mandated in the Pythagoras Theorem
Terrorism, as broadly defined, is not only encouraged, but mandated in the 3 Laws of Robotics

I broadly define Terrorism as a tasty snack. How do you define it?
edit on 26-6-2012 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
These types of articles/posts are borderline trolling. It's sad: immigrants get schooled in eurocentric lierature, then want to continue that focus on everything negative that huge group of people did over a long period of time.
The chinese have a long history of war and slavery but this is just an example of one huge hemisphere that goes ignored in the eurocentric propaganda machine. What about africa?
You will find a common arguement among marxists and conservative muslims alike: that white people need to go home. But for some reason they're allowed to be in europe or north america.
They say north america is native land and compare it to israel,.
edit on 26-6-2012 by HamrHeed because: spelling

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The only plausible outcome here
is that ALL RELIGION IS BAD

And should be banned...

And thats my firm belief also.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join