It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we suffering from "Wheat Belly" in North America?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by YogaGinns

I can also share a recipe for vegan, no gluten, no sugar peanut butter cup that is to die for....my kids tell me that it's better than the "store bought one".

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
So, it looks like my love for Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Bisciuts have given me a pot belly and a shorter lifespan, and their shellfish has given me gout.

Totally worth it!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxy1

I don't eat these, though I know a lot of people like them for lunches. I think there may be ingredients that contain wheat but not listed as such.

Two I remember are: caramel, textured vegetable protein, there was a list mentioned in the book. I'll need to look that up.

Thanks for mentioning those noodles.

YogaGinns

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by meemaw

I can also share a recipe for vegan, no gluten, no sugar peanut butter cup that is to die for....my kids tell me that it's better than the "store bought one".

Please post the recipe, if you don't mind.

I am gathering up ideas, seriously going to give this a try.

YogaGinns

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dxdydz

Yoga, I found a online delivery meal service that had a choice of gluten free meals. So I ordered two weeks worth. I'm going on my second week and money permitting will continue for another two weeks. The food is awesome and I just heat it in the microwave. I don't think I could prepare these meals on my own. A lot of work. So for me it's worth the money.
I am in no way affiliated with this site in any way. I simply found it recently and tried their service.
www.purefoodsfreshstart.com...
If anything you can at least look at their gluten free meals for ideas to make your own.

I reasoned that I needed to change my diet and this would be an easy way for at least a month to get accustomed to eating differently. And hopefully lose some weight. And on top of that It's just amazing and convenient to have all my meals ready to go.

Jimmy

Thanks for the site, and I will look into it later, sometimes it just takes reading about a menu or recipe to get ideas for DIY. Running behind for work now, have a great day.

YogaGinns

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by meemaw

meemaw:

If this way of eating could even get my thyroid back to functioning the way it was before the treatment that would be worth it. I know that I will never be able to get rid of my Levothyroxine pills, but if the dose could be reduced...

Everyone who has tried to rid their diets of wheat all say the same; more energy, better sleep, clearer thinking, less bloat and gas, weight loss. If this can be true in a small sampling of the population, can only imagine what widespread reduction in wheat consumption could mean to the health care system.

Thanks for the post,
YogaGinns.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I have reduced my wheat intake to just once a day and that is at supper. Been able to resist my cravings during the day with only a small handful of sunflower seeds mid morning to tide me over.

Hoping to know better how I feel, good bad or indifferent, by the weekend. Once I get a good gluten free bread to help me, and I should be doing OK. Thanks for your support and encouragement, we had a box of TimBits (donut holes) in a meeting today and I wasn't even interested. Baby steps, whoo hoo.

YogaGinns

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
So, if alot of American are getting fat or diabetes off of wheat, then what is wrong with me?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agave
So, if alot of American are getting fat or diabetes off of wheat, then what is wrong with me?

If that means your not carrying around sny extra weight that's great.

I'm not saying everyone would be getting fat because of wheat, but it sure does seem to be affecting a lot of people just by their replies here. I like to keep an open mind and if it will help me get back on track, so much the better.

Thanks for the relply,
YogaGinns

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS Agave, it is always nice to see new members joining up here.
Unfortunately with your very short post nobody here will have any idea of what if anything is "wrong with me"?

You never know, I hope you keep posting and keep enjoying this thread and the many others here.

Sometimes we get obvious shills here that sign up for only one purpose only and that is to derail a thread and they are quite good at it too!

Please elaborate on the what is wrong with me part of your post if you can find the time to do so.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

You might be doing the fast 20 posts so you can start a thread, if this is the case what you want to do is stay away from some of the popular threads and stick to the "off topic" or "rant threads"
I apologize if this is your intent, and I do want you to enjoy ATS.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I am not over wait or diabetic and eat wheat daily, so what is wrong? There has to be something more then just the wheat that is a problem.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Agave because: (no reason given)

I'll add that I am 21 years old work 40-50 hours a week in a kitchen so I am up on my feet all day some what physical activity but I casually graze on food all day I almost never eat a big meal. When I am off I live on a farm so there is also work to be donr their.

I guess I will add my diet too. Hamburgers, pizza, chicken, brisket, chips, soda, tea, jucies, achol, green beans, corn, carrots, cellery, gumbo, ettuffe, fried shrimp, eggs, pancakes, peachs, oranges, and spagitti I have eaten all of those thing in the last week. I am sure there are more but that is what I remember.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Iwinder

I am not over wait or diabetic and eat wheat daily, so what is wrong? There has to be something more then just the wheat that is a problem.

Possibly so and Possibly not, Did you actually read the whole thread and the links provided?
You might find an answer in that thar thread that you have been reading :-)
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Agave

Thank you for clarifying your statement, and I envy you your metabolism and diet.

I can remember back when I couldn't gain weight no matter how much I ate, some of my co-workers even thought I had an eating disorder and would check up on me after lunch. We all change with time and I'm sure our environments have a lot to do with it. I really believe there is something to this wheat intolerance and lets face it the North American diet is filled mostly with crap. And the truly sad part is that it can be cheaper to eat an unhealthy diet than a healthy one.

A loaf of Wonder or Dempster's whole wheat bread runs about $3.00, fruits and vegetable are not cheap either. Unfortunately the tree fruits in our area were hit hard by the crazy weather we've had this spring. A lot of farmers will have very little to take to market come fall. That pushes the price up even higher.

I am seeking information from everyone on this topic, my gut feeling (no pun intended) is that there are people that no longer can tolerate wheat as it is today. I personally know 3 people who are celiac and another with an allergy to wheat (caused sinus infections). Hope to find out some answers to these issues.

Again thank you for your post.
YogaGinns

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Is every human body the same? There is no variance?

Let me answer that, and then move on for you: No. Yes.

We all process food differently. Not only is there as many differences in biology as you can possibly dream up, there are also differences in your parasitic colonies. Many people have one group of intestinal flora/fauna, while everyone else has a different type. And, based on which colony you carry, you are going to be more/less sensitive to various food types.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
That was nicely phrased BFFT, there are very many variables to be considered and factored in. I was not eating fruit for dessert as I read about food combining and there is the risk that the fruit will ferment in the gut while waiting for the rest of the meal to be digested, leading to gas, bloating and bowel dysfunction. Some say that bananas and milk should not be eaten together, there goes a favourite snack.

I'm beginning to think everyone needs to be their own research lab and test yourself for sensitivities to foods. I will stick to little or no wheat for while to learn if that is a trigger for me. Soy milk was chosen to reduce phlegm and hot flashes, no effect on the first but happy to say the second are now few and far between.

Would be interested to see if anyone else has a food trigger, especially if that trigger is related to wheat products.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I found this blog about the "Wheat Belly" book and find the posts very interesting. Let me know if any of you have similar links with questions and answers concerning the effects of wheat consumption.

www.wheatbellyblog.com...

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Been trying to get wheat out of my diet for a couple weeks now and can honestly say that I manage to do so about 80% of the time. Feeling much better but no real change in the weight department.

Dug out the bread maker and did a loaf using buckwheat (Kasha), brown rice, tapioca and coconut flours. Except for the xanthan gum it was fairly cheap to make. I bought the dark buckwheat so it gave the bread a greyish colour, but it was pretty good and made a slice twice the size of the frozen loaves or those I get at the bakery for half the cost.

Slipped up on the pizza, sub, and breaded chicken but all in all it is getting easier. I also discovered gluten free cookies, crackers and cereal at the Metro store. Now to get into the habit of making the next loaf before I run out and get tempted by the real stuff. Even when out to eat at restaurants twice and did well there too. Will keep you posted on my progress.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The easiest way to sort it out is just go wholly paleo. Makes you much less likely to slip up, that does.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
The easiest way to sort it out is just go wholly paleo. Makes you much less likely to slip up, that does.

Thanks Sprocket

Did a quick search and found some recipes from the paleo diet, had heard about it but didn't know what it was about. Except for no dairy, it sounds fairly easy to follow.

paleodietlifestyle.com...

Have you done this eating style yourself? If so what did you or didn't you like about it. Appreciate the information.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join