It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predict: What will happen to ObamaCare Tomorrow:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Not to get off track, but do you realise what that'll do to insurance companies?

That's like getting auto insurance after you get in an accident, and expecting them to pay.

That's what the mandate was for

People are showing their ignorance in this debate...the love the provisions...but don't understand they can only exist with a mandate or a public option.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueStatePatriot

It will not hurt Obama

Romney will also be hurt because he is the one who passed it in Massachussetts.

If it will not hurt Obama (i don't think it will as well) then how can it hurt Romney? Who is the other person besides Romney that you think it will hurt?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

That's what the mandate was for

People are showing their ignorance in this debate...the love the provisions...but don't understand they can only exist with a mandate or a public option.

But it's not unconstitutional.

The mandate is.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

But it's not unconstitutional.

The mandate is.

That is yet to be revealed. The SCOTUS may decide the mandate is unconstitutional...we will see.

I have no prediction...I have my opinion of it...and that is that it is covered under the commerce clause.

But I am not on the SCOTUS...so my opinion doesn't matter...only theirs does.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Those silly aspects are overwhelmingly supported by the American people.

That's hilarious so which way does Reuters want to have it?

Fifty-six percent of people are against the healthcare overhaul and 44 percent favor it, according to the online poll conducted from Tuesday through Saturday.

Typical leftist thinking trying to have it both ways.

www.reuters.com...

A 26 year still on mommy and daddies inusrance is ridiculous, and as to prexisting conditions which the majority is already covered under medicaremand medicaid,.
edit on 25-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Either way, it's going to be turmoil all the way.

If it stands as is, more and more of ObamaCare gets implemented as time goes on.
That alone will cause more and more "unforeseen" problems to crop up out of nowhere.
(including massive corruption and fraud)

Parts of it getting chopped combined with the fact that they removed the severability clause from the final version, will be havoc of monumental proportions.

Some people think all the BeeEss was intentional.
The theory is that the "failures" will force a "no choice" but to increase Medicaid to more people.
(and thus, the "public option")

Then watch for increased "contractor" involvement in Medicaid.
(many States already use outside "help" to manage medicaid, and many are big corporations)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Predict: What will happen to ObamaCare Tomorrow

1 - The ruling will be put off until Thursday or Friday because of news cycles.

2 - The ruling will be to throw out the mandate.

3 - Sotomayer will side with Obama and not with the rest of the Justices. She's a wonk ...

4 - Because Obamacare is UNSUSTAINABLE due to waiver-gate and the mandate being thrown out, the whole thing will collapse.

5 - Then the next POTUS will pick the bits and pieces that were actually good out of the mess Obama left behind and that POTUS will craft something better and sustainable ... and it will be Constitutional (unlike Obamacare).

(okay .. maybe I'm dreaming in regards to #5 ... but the first four are what I think will happen).

What's the prize for whoever predicts correctly? ATS points? Applause? A box of donuts??

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
A 26 year still on mommy and daddies inusrance is ridiculous,

I usually agree with you on most things, but with this I have to disagree. Considering the very high unemployment rate and the very high rate of college grads being unable to find jobs, I don't have any problem with people up to age 26 being able to stay on their parents insurance. Most folks that age aren't chronically ill like us older folks so they don't have as many doctoring issues but still, that safety net is a good thing to have in this economy. IMHO

Originally posted by BlueStatePatriot
More bad news for you anti-Obama anti-Middle class people

Actually, the anti-Obama people are pro-middle class. It's the far left that is anti-middle class ... expecting working Americans to support all the nonworkers and the unskilled laborers and carry them on their backs.

edit on 6/25/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I strongly suspect that the mandate will be struck down as unconstitutional, probably by a 5-4 margin but I wouldn't shocked to see 6-3. Much less likely is the possibility that they'll just dump the whole thing.
edit on 25-6-2012 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I predict nothing will happen to ObamaCare tomorrow.

I think the SCOTUS will drag it out until Thursday.

What do I win???

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

5 - Then the next POTUS will pick the bits and pieces that were actually good out of the mess Obama left behind and that POTUS will craft something better and sustainable ... and it will be Constitutional (unlike Obamacare).

Actually I think Mitt Romney mentioned doing something like that.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Individual mandate--------Survives as a tax

Obama wins..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join