It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman sets herself on Fire in Luxembourg

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Just a side note, we are an international community with members as young as 11. Do we want them experiencing this? Could this be moved to RATS? I know it won't keep it away from all the kids, those with access will still see it but others won't. Hate to have a kid Google something and their parents blame us for the nightmares the kid has for the next 2 months.

Leave it...if a kid is looking for it a kid will find it...here or somewhere else theyll find it. If a parent complains, tell them to block the site or tell them to buy a new video game and a bigger TV. TV solves all parenting problems. ):|

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Man I just viewed the pics!! Terrible, what the hell was she thinking.
I wonder if she had kids or anything.
It is indeed a strange universe in which we live

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kessel
Leave it...if a kid is looking for it a kid will find it...here or somewhere else theyll find it. If a parent complains, tell them to block the site or tell them to buy a new video game and a bigger TV. TV solves all parenting problems. ):|

I personally would like them to find it elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat
I don't know from personal experience but only what my father told me. From what he told me I would rather die than go through debreiment and rehab. That is where he started drinking.

Those who serve on burn wards have a very stressful job. It is Dante's Inferno all over again and the stench is overcomingl You're father has my utmost respect.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

Do it like this guy:

Very buddah! I wanted to bring that guy up. This is the difference between western ignorance and eastern thinking. What a statement this guy made.. with zero fuss... focused.. calm.. nirvana....

XL5

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
If a kid finds out about this here, I bet they won't start playing with fire and they can at least ask questions. If they found it when looking for gore then they will find worse and have no explainations about whats going on or what to think. If they find it here, maybe they won't look for gore anymore. What about beheadings, we can't censor every thing children may take the wrong way or misuse.

(edit) Just looked at the pics, thats not that bad, theres no screams or movement and no aftermath, T2 was worse even if it was fake!

[edit on 6-10-2004 by XL5]

[edit on 6-10-2004 by XL5]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
When I initially viewed the images Grady, there was shock at what was going on but the emotion was not that deep until after I heard your story. As I was trying to sleep last night, images of the harsh recovery that you and others endured, were going through my mind.

Although we have arguments on many issues Grady, I do regret any grief I may have caused you by bringing up memories of the ordeal you suffered years ago.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I think now that the photos have been set to links with warnings, this thread should remain. So many post on ATS are filled with repeat mindless trash. I think this one has led to some good conversation and testimony from members that might help instill a little more respect for fire in our younger members. This thread could be the thing that convinces a despirate person thinking of doing this to re-think the decision.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
That's hard to say though, man. If you see someone on flames screaming their brains out without seeing how it started you might take off your coat and do something crazy like that guy did. But grabbing water would probably be smarter.

Yeah It's like you said I guess I really couldn't say what I would do if I ever found myself in that situation. But I would like to think I wouldn't do something stupid like giving the paramedics 2 burn victims to treat instead of one.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OcelotYeah It's like you said I guess I really couldn't say what I would do if I ever found myself in that situation. But I would like to think I wouldn't do something stupid like giving the paramedics 2 burn victims to treat instead of one.

One tidbit of information in the FIRST posting that was left out of it: The "guy" was her husband.

Think about that.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
One tidbit of information in the FIRST posting that was left out of it: The "guy" was her husband.

Think about that.

Ahh so the guy was her husband. That makes more sense now, but it raises another question. Why the f**k didn't he stop his wife from doing this? He was obviously there so why didn't he subdue her and stop her from doing that to herself?

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
How is it that there was a photographer there at the right moment? Are there more photos? I really hate to think that someone knew she was doing this and was helping her. One caption said 'The husband of the Belgian woman of Congolese origin who set herself on fire tries to extinguish the fire'
What the hell is wrong with both of them?

Also, I have not been able to find this news story in the regular news, at least not after a prelimary search, anyone else?

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
You cannot even imagine. The pain is so intense and all you can think of is to get away from the heat but it is you that is on fire. The last thing on your mind is "drop and roll," but that is what I did, but the ground had been defoliated and consisted of gravel and dead stubbly vegetation.

Mr. Philpott (or is the whole name a posting name?) I can't even begin to express my deepest sympathy for this horror you went thru. I am disturbed that people can denigrate wartime service and the people who serve, irregardless of how irrational anyone's opinions of any war are. Thank you for your service, without it, I suspect the globe today would be entirely different and entirely terrible.

This was napalm, and the ground had been defoliated with agent orange?

When she told my dad, he said something like, "Wow, Grady (not my real name) has never talked about Vietnam." The truth is that no one has ever been interested.

I would assume then that your recovery, tho a horror show, was ultimately successful?

[edit on 6-10-2004 by Nygdan]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
What a statement this guy made.. with zero fuss... focused.. calm.. nirvana....

He burned himself to death! Did he make a statement, yes, its incredible, but it certainly wasn't worth it!

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Although we have arguments on many issues Grady, I do regret any grief I may have caused you by bringing up memories of the ordeal you suffered years ago.

Fear not, AceOfBase, no matter how hard we try, we can't make the world safe from disturbing thoughts, ideas, statements or images. I do very much appreciate your concern, because I can't look at things like that without being affected, but it's not your fault. Bad things happen all the time and ignoring them doesn't make them go away.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Mr. Philpott (or is the whole name a posting name?) I can't even begin to express my deepest sympathy for this horror you went thru.

This was napalm, and the ground had been defoliated with agent orange?

I would assume then that your recovery, tho a horror show, was ultimately successful?

Grady Philpott is my screen name. I just put it all together for this group and you can call me whatever you're comfortable with.

It wasn't napalm. The burns were caused by exploding powder increments in my gun pit ingited by shrapnel from incoming mortars. At the time, I had no idea what agent orange was and it wasn't until years later that I began to hear of it.

Certainly, I was exposed to dioxin during my tour, as all fire bases were defoliated with dioxin and there is no reason to believe that this one was different. This hill had been bombarded with artillery HE and WP rounds and aerial bombs. Clearly it was prepared before our arrival. It was a barren hill in the midst of nothing but lush green and it did not give the appearance of scorched earth. Everything was just dead.

I have thought many times about having rolled around without skin on ground sprayed with dioxin, but thank God, I have never manifested any disease that has been related to dioxin, at least, not to my knowledge. There have been very few ailments directly ascribed to dioxin and as I have no children, birth defects have not been an issue.

It took many years for some of the effects of the burns to subside and even now there are problems with the scars, but yes the recovery was successful and most people never know that it happened.

[edit on 04/10/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by tomcat
I don't know from personal experience but only what my father told me. From what he told me I would rather die than go through debreiment and rehab. That is where he started drinking.

Those who serve on burn wards have a very stressful job. It is Dante's Inferno all over again and the stench is overcomingl You're father has my utmost respect.

He said he worked on 12 hour shift's and the only way to lessen the smell of it was to drink, and drink heavily. That and he felt guilty about the pain he was causing.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
The Grand Duke of Luxembourg is one of the greatest supporters of Opioids trafficking in the EU, in a drug war against European citizens and a great supporter of world-wide pedophilia rings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join