It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Protest Crazy Sheriff Joe Arpaio

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
My biggest problem with Joe is the chain gang thing. He puts people on chain gangs who have NOT been convicted on any crime, and that's BS. Chain gangs for convicts? I could care less. But for people awaiting their day in court? It is an abomination of our legal system, which is frankly corrupt enough as it is.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by InternetGremlin
As far as Arpaio, I like him, and the tent city is an excellent idea in lieu

I don't have a problem with the tent cities to be honest. The first I heard of Arpaio was through a documentary concerning the tent cities, I though it wasn't such a bad idea. I'm not sure whether the tent cities have saved the State of Arizona any money, that's yet to be seen.

I do have a problem with Arpaio's little personal vandetta against Obama, it's fine and well when you have political differences, but when you use tax payer money and time to fume a conspiracy theory to discredit president, i have a big problem with that.

HE DID NOT USE ANY TAX MONEY.. The cold case posse is volunteer. None of which matters because Obama's lawyers ADMIT the BC was fake.. Therefore it can not be used against him. What kinda Legal Riggamaroo BS is that? Let one of us 'civilians' try produce a fake BC and see if that flies for us.

The list of Obama's treachery is astounding!

What vendetta does Arpaio have?

WHAT AN IMPRESSIVE LIST OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS!…

First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner.
First President to have a social security number from a state he has never lived in.
First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States.
First President to violate the War Powers Act.
First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.
First President to defy a Federal Judge’s court order to cease implementing the Health Care Reform Law.
First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party, a violation of the U.S. Constitution.
First President to spend a trillion dollars on ‘shovel-ready’ jobs when there was no such thing as ‘shovel-ready’ jobs.
First President to recommend changing our National Anthem as it portrays and promotes violence and is warlike in its theme.
First President to cancel the National Day of Prayer Breakfast and activities.
First President to initiate a Cash for Clunkers Program to clean up exhaust that adds to global warming, then extended it because it was so popular — wasting hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars.
First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters.
First President to bypass Congress and implement the Dream Act through executive fiat.
First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S., including those with criminal convictions.
First President to demand a company hand over $20 billion to one of his political appointees.
First President to terminate America’s ability to put a man in space.
First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present.
First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it.
First President to threaten insurance companies if they publicly spoke out on the reasons for their rate increases.
First President to tell a major manufacturing company which state they are allowed to locate a factory in.
First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN).
First President to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly issued years ago.
First President to fire an inspector general of Americorps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case.
First President to appoint 45 czars to replace elected officials in his office.
First President to golf 73 separate times in his first two and a half years in office, 90 to date.
First President to pledge complete transparency while campaigning, then hide his medical, educational,and travel records.
First President to win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing NOTHING to earn it.
First President to go on multiple global ‘apology tours’.
First President to go on 17 lavish vacations, including date nights and Wednesday evening White House parties for his friends; paid for by the taxpayer.
First President to have 22 personal servants (taxpayer funded) for his wife.
First President to keep a dog trainer on retainer for $102,000 a year at taxpayer expense.
First President to repeat the Holy Qur’an and tells us that the early morning Islamic call to worship is the most beautiful sound on earth.
Now it is up to us Freedom-loving Americans to see to it that he is voted out after his FIRST term. May God bless America again. Stay safe, and be aware of your surroundings.

edit on 24-6-2012 by InternetGremlin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

"We are with you," protesters chanted in both English and Spanish, in hopes that inmates could hear them.

Most protesters held candles and wore yellow T-shirts that read "Standing on the side of love," a slogan of the Unitarian Universalist Association, which was holding its annual convention in Phoenix this weekend.

The rally was the latest effort by the association to promote social justice, association spokesman John Hurley said. The Unitarians organized the rally along with the immigrant rights group Puente Arizona.

The Rev. Peter Morales, president of the Unitarian Universalist Association, attended the rally and was among a group that accompanied Arpaio on a tour of Tent City. In 2010, Morales was arrested at a protest in Phoenix over Arizona's immigration law.

Rachel Walden, who works at the Unitarian Universalist Association headquarters in Boston, said the group also gathered Saturday to protest the immigration law.

Thousands,,,okay... the Unitarian Universalist Association, which was holding its annual convention in Phoenix this weekend.

and

The Unitarians organized the rally along with the immigrant rights group Puente Arizona.
So 2 groups show up...do they represent the community as a whole...

Chanting..We are with you...Crazy talk if you ask me. These people broke the law...I think murders, raptist, Child molesters...bank robbers...who cares...people go camping all the time. Give me a break.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by relocator

"We are with you," protesters chanted in both English and Spanish, in hopes that inmates could hear them.

Most protesters held candles and wore yellow T-shirts that read "Standing on the side of love," a slogan of the Unitarian Universalist Association, which was holding its annual convention in Phoenix this weekend.

The rally was the latest effort by the association to promote social justice, association spokesman John Hurley said. The Unitarians organized the rally along with the immigrant rights group Puente Arizona.

The Rev. Peter Morales, president of the Unitarian Universalist Association, attended the rally and was among a group that accompanied Arpaio on a tour of Tent City. In 2010, Morales was arrested at a protest in Phoenix over Arizona's immigration law.

Rachel Walden, who works at the Unitarian Universalist Association headquarters in Boston, said the group also gathered Saturday to protest the immigration law.

Thousands,,,okay... the Unitarian Universalist Association, which was holding its annual convention in Phoenix this weekend.

and

The Unitarians organized the rally along with the immigrant rights group Puente Arizona.
So 2 groups show up...do they represent the community as a whole...

Chanting..We are with you...Crazy talk if you ask me. These people broke the law...I think murders, raptist, Child molesters...bank robbers...who cares...people go camping all the time. Give me a break.

This is a free country. That means that police cannot just go around and round up people who they think look illegal. Many legal citizens spent the night in jail in Arizona because Joe wanted to start a round up.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

luring into some racial crap when Arpaio

I can't be blamed for the racial issues Arpaio and his constituents hold.

I for one love Mexicans and find most have their family values and close knit community loyalty kept close to their hearts.

But you don't have a problem with papers please laws targeting these people? I don't see that as love.

I would not care if Obama was gay in a pink sequin miniskirt as long as he was honest, 'ACTUALLY' worked for the people, and did not call the constitution an "imperfect document."

Tell me, when did Arpaio carry out an investigation on George Bush for his constitutional violations? That's right, he didn't, and how long has Arpaio been a sheriff for? Spare me the garbage.

I never had a problem with Arpaio before his little Clown posse investigation trying to prove the president as some Kenyan imposter, I didn't have a problem with Arpaio beforehe decided to pimp the Arizona papers please law. Before that I was fine with his tent cities, I sympathized with his concerns regarding border security. He showed his true colours once he decided to partner up with the likes of Corsi, before he decided to get cozy with republican hacks. Arpaio has become a polarizing figure, all this at the prime age of 80. He certainly will not leave a positive legacy when he leaves and he has nobody else to blame but himself.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by relocator

We have this thing in the United States called "Innocent until PROVEN guilty" (in a court of law). You might want to look into it sometime.
edit on 24-6-2012 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
There is a large white supremicist community in Arizona. Its well known and documented. They are so easily exposed and found out. And this is only going to backfire Nov 6th when Obama wins and might win Arizona and its delegate.

Also lets not forget that Hawaii verified Obama's eligibilty to Arizona resulting in Arizona keeping Obama on the ballot.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

luring into some racial crap when Arpaio

I can't be blamed for the racial issues Arpaio and his constituents hold.

I for one love Mexicans and find most have their family values and close knit community loyalty kept close to their hearts.

But you don't have a problem with papers please laws targeting these people? I don't see that as love.

I would not care if Obama was gay in a pink sequin miniskirt as long as he was honest, 'ACTUALLY' worked for the people, and did not call the constitution an "imperfect document."

Tell me, when did Arpaio carry out an investigation on George Bush for his constitutional violations? That's right, he didn't, and how long has Arpaio been a sheriff for? Spare me the garbage.

I never had a problem with Arpaio before his little Clown posse investigation trying to prove the president as some Kenyan imposter, I didn't have a problem with Arpaio beforehe decided to pimp the Arizona papers please law. Before that I was fine with his tent cities, I sympathized with his concerns regarding border security. He showed his true colours once he decided to partner up with the likes of Corsi, before he decided to get cozy with republican hacks. Arpaio has become a polarizing figure, all this at the prime age of 80. He certainly will not leave a positive legacy when he leaves and he has nobody else to blame but himself.

Papers Please sounds like a great idea and I am all for deporting any that are here illegally. They are breaking the law.
I do think they should make getting here easier but, those not following the path to get here, give them an express ticket home.

Arpaio was not approached by hundreds who voted for him to pursue Bush is why he never went after him. Arpaio did not do this on his own and his intentions were to clear Obama not find out 'The People' asking him to investigate it were correct.

He did not sway from the truth he found and in doing so, has become the target of propaganda that so many are falling for hook line and sinker. The FACT IS.. Obama's lawyers NOW ADMIT his BC is fake. Arpaio's pressure brought out the truth.

Now they say the BC can not be used against him because it is fake is BS! The fact millions are not on the white house lawn with a pitch forks demanding his impeachment is shocking to me!
edit on 24-6-2012 by InternetGremlin because: spell err

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

HE DID NOT USE ANY TAX MONEY..

Yes he did:

Arpaio has in the past touted the investigation's total reliance on donated funds and volunteers, but he said the investigation now requires the use of a sworn deputy. Arpaio said the volunteer posse is in the midst of a criminal investigation but refused to discuss details of the probe or what drove the posse member and deputy to Hawaii.

The Sheriff's Office also had to cover the costs of airfare and hotel rooms for the deputy, Arpaio said, but he expects the posse to reimburse the agency for those costs

Read more: www.azcentral.com...

Pathetic. If you want to play cowboys and indians, do it on your own dime in your own time.

None of which matters because Obama's lawyers ADMIT the BC was fake..

No they didn't, this is another birther lie. On the other hand:

Dr. Alvin Onaka, Hawaii State Registrar, again provided verification of May 31st 2012:

”The information contained in the “certificate of live birth” published at www.whitehouse.gov... and reviewed by me on the date of this verification, a copy of which is attached to your request, matches the information contained in the original Certificate of Live Birth for Barack Hussein Obama, II on file with the Hawaii State Department of Health”

www.scribd.com...

Here is a statement from Hawaiian officials regarding Obama's short form birth certificate:

To verify we did indeed have the correct document, we contacted the Hawaii Department of Health, which maintains such records.
"It's a valid Hawaii state birth certificate," spokesman Janice Okubo said June 13, 2008.

www.politifact.com...

"They're just words," said spokeswoman Janice Okubo. "That (what was posted on the Internet) is considered a birth certificate from the state of Hawaii."

"When you request a birth certificate, the one you get looks exactly like the one posted on his site," she said. "That's the birth certificate."

www.politifact.com...

Here are corrosponding emails between the whitehouse and the Hawaii department of health requesting the release of the long form birth certificate:
hawaii.gov...

But hey, there's some big government cover up right, and Arpaio is doing just a fine job of exposing them right?

You know Arpaio's investigation findings? Most of them of copy and paste World Net Daily articles, look at the Cold Case Posse Report compared to World Net Daily:
www.scribd.com...

Arpaio is a political hack with a personal vendetta against Obama. He's just another parrot among other political hacks like Corsi. You think if Romney gets in office and continues the same policies he'll do the same thing? Obviously not, because we're not talking about a black man in office.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by InternetGremlin

When Zullo took a trip to Hawaii the MCSO sent a deputy with him. That deputy was on the clock and being paid. That deputy's salary comes from the tax payers of Maricopa County. Ergo this deputy was paid by the citizens of Maricopa County to take a trip to Hawaii. This of course doesn't account for Arpaio's other misuse of funds.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Papers Please sounds like a great idea

Then you would love living in Nazi Germany, but that's the kind of society Arpaio and many of his bigotted supporters want in America anyway. I don't like the idea of having to carry a birth certificate or a passport just to walk down to the grocery store, this isn't the kind of American I grew up with.

Arpaio was not approached by hundreds who voted for him to pursue Bush

Exactly. Because it's A-ok to Arpaio and his supporters when Bush broke constitutional laws, but with Obama, it's a different story. This all goes back to my point, Arpaio is a hypocrite with polical vendettas, as are his constituents and supporters.

The FACT IS.. Obama's lawyers NOW ADMIT his BC is fake.

Listen. Repeating a lie on a conspiracy website will not make Obama go away.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

HE DID NOT USE ANY TAX MONEY..

Yes he did:

Arpaio has in the past touted the investigation's total reliance on donated funds and volunteers, but he said the investigation now requires the use of a sworn deputy. Arpaio said the volunteer posse is in the midst of a criminal investigation but refused to discuss details of the probe or what drove the posse member and deputy to Hawaii.

The Sheriff's Office also had to cover the costs of airfare and hotel rooms for the deputy, Arpaio said, but he expects the posse to reimburse the agency for those costs

Read more: www.azcentral.com...

Pathetic. If you want to play cowboys and indians, do it on your own dime in your own time.

None of which matters because Obama's lawyers ADMIT the BC was fake..

No they didn't, this is another birther lie. On the other hand:

Dr. Alvin Onaka, Hawaii State Registrar, again provided verification of May 31st 2012:

”The information contained in the “certificate of live birth” published at www.whitehouse.gov... and reviewed by me on the date of this verification, a copy of which is attached to your request, matches the information contained in the original Certificate of Live Birth for Barack Hussein Obama, II on file with the Hawaii State Department of Health”

www.scribd.com...

Here is a statement from Hawaiian officials regarding Obama's short form birth certificate:

To verify we did indeed have the correct document, we contacted the Hawaii Department of Health, which maintains such records.
"It's a valid Hawaii state birth certificate," spokesman Janice Okubo said June 13, 2008.

www.politifact.com...

"They're just words," said spokeswoman Janice Okubo. "That (what was posted on the Internet) is considered a birth certificate from the state of Hawaii."

"When you request a birth certificate, the one you get looks exactly like the one posted on his site," she said. "That's the birth certificate."

www.politifact.com...

Here are corrosponding emails between the whitehouse and the Hawaii department of health requesting the release of the long form birth certificate:
hawaii.gov...

But hey, there's some big government cover up right, and Arpaio is doing just a fine job of exposing them right?

You know Arpaio's investigation findings? Most of them of copy and paste World Net Daily articles, look at the Cold Case Posse Report compared to World Net Daily:
www.scribd.com...

Arpaio is a political hack with a personal vendetta against Obama. He's just another parrot among other political hacks like Corsi. You think if Romney gets in office and continues the same policies he'll do the same thing? Obviously not, because we're not talking about a black man in office.

Arpaio DID NOT USE TAX PAYER MONEY Period undisputed fact he made very clear in the 2+ hour lecture given regarding the BC.

Yes Obama's lawyers DID ADMIT it was fake and this is ridiculous debating this because it is common knowledge. SO many here try to convince people something is white when it is black like they are stupid is unnerving.

Lawyers for the Obama Administration announced that Barack Obama’s long form birth certificate was a forgery. Under penalty of perjury, the lawyers said they were forced to say that the birth certificate was valid.Occupy Corporatism
April 20, 2012

A lawyer representing the Obama administration say the birth certificate was knowingly purveyed to fool the American public into believing he was legitimately able to be President.

However, they purport that Obama knows he is not a natural born citizen.
One of MANY MANY Pages and reports supporting Lawyers admit fraud:
www.freedominfonetwork.org...

I watched the 3hr long court room hearing myself of Obama Lawyers admit to it being a fake Therefore it can not be used.
I heard and watched it myself and to hear you say it is not true tells me you're blind or part of the problem.

This board is being over-run by propagandist apparently because facts are facts and so many are in direct contradiction of them even when they read them they STILL dispute them.

RIDICULOUS!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Omg Mr Critter. Why dont you post what the Ms. Hill actually said? Oh I get it. You cant do that cause then your whole "obama lawyer admitted forgery" bs. would grumble apart. Instead lets post all the internet blog postings that claim otherwise... That'll work.

I'll help you:

[edit to add] If you watched the whole 3h then feel free to post that part where it's admitted fake and quote it. I dare you.
edit on 24/6/2012 by PsykoOps because: add

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Arpaio DID NOT USE TAX PAYER MONEY Period

Again, yes he did:

The Sheriff's Office also had to cover the costs of airfare and hotel rooms for the deputy, Arpaio said, but he expects the posse to reimburse the agency for those costs.

www.azcentral.com...

So at this point I'm going to call you a liar.

undisputed fact he made very clear in the 2+ hour lecture given regarding the BC.

Arpaio's lecture in March was before the events in which he decided to send a deputy on the tax payers dime to Hawaii.

Yes Obama's lawyers DID ADMIT it was fake

No they didn't, stop referencing me anti-Obama websites. If you are going to continue insisting they did, pull out the actual transcripts of that case where his lawyer stated so, thanks.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Ok, I have seen several people state that it is mostly non-convicted people being held there.

I have yet been able to locate the actual report showing this. I did find multiple news reports just stating that with no supporting evidence as well as Wiki just pointing to yet another unsupported opinion.

So, anyone care to link the report with actual numbers for the people being held in Tent City?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Azdraik

It's not Tent City we're talking about. We're talking about the conditions for pretrial inmates. These included being served rancid food and being denied access to medication among other unconstitutional conditions. The Honorable Neil V. Wake is the judge that ruled on this decision.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Azdraik

Jails, by definition, house those awaiting trial who are denied, or cannot afford bail.

Secondarily they house those convicted of misdemeanor crimes. Convicted felons are processed and sent to STATE prisons to serve their sentences.

Until "convicted" by a jury of their peers, or through plea-bargain, no inmate of tent-city deserves the enhanced punishment of expired food, or lack of temperature controls. Further, no one AWAITING trial may be coerced into working on a chain gang, prior to their conviction, as that would violate the constitutional provision for due process under law.

This is super basic stuff.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

"Joe Arpaio Tent City Protests"

"Several thousand critics of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio gathered outside "Tent City" Saturday night for a rally calling for the closure of the sheriff's complex of canvas jail tents."

So your not talking about tent city? The article sure seems to be talking about tent city.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Yes I know that jail means by definition. Not everything will adhere to its definition, do I need to post examples of that?

So, when did a misdemeanor not count as a crime? I also know for a fact they do not just hold people convicted of misdemeanors. My brother got to spend 6 months there for assault so, not sure why you think it only holds petty criminals.

Still waiting to see the evidence supporting your assertion that there are non-convicted people there.
edit on 24-6-2012 by Azdraik because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join