It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU law makers trying to ban bike modificatins.. massive protest, very little news coverage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
First of all, isn't this mostly due to the wingnuts who remove the baffles from their Harley's?

They're meant to sound like that.. After all, they are only tractors on two wheels

Most of the Aquila bike club in Plymouth ride tractors.. I mean Harleys..
Dunno why.. They've never really appealed to me like that..

I guess it's an American 'thing'..

I like the Kwak Z's and some of the Trumps.. that's about it really.. Never really liked the styling of Hondas.. everyone had a Yamahahahahaha and about the best bike Suzuki ever brought out was the Katana...

All of which can have their baffles removed

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

First of all, isn't this mostly due to the wingnuts who remove the baffles from their Harley's?

They're meant to sound like that.. After all, they are only tractors on two wheels

Most of the Aquila bike club in Plymouth ride tractors.. I mean Harleys..
Dunno why.. They've never really appealed to me like that..

I guess it's an American 'thing'..

I like the Kwak Z's and some of the Trumps.. that's about it really.. Never really liked the styling of Hondas.. everyone had a Yamahahahahaha and about the best bike Suzuki ever brought out was the Katana...

All of which can have their baffles removed

Even bikers have to admit that it is extremely rude to ride a bike without baffles.

I have one neighbor who has straight pipes on his modded Harley. He comes home around 2 or 3 am most days, and he's pinning that throttle most of the time. Cops do nothing.

Another has a 69 Camaro with a very built motor, scary fast car. He put 3" free flow exhaust on it and on day 2 he was pulled over for loud exhaust. He bought a decible meter and measured his car driving by compared to the Harleys in town and his car was quieter than all but 2 that he measured.

Yet they don't get pulled over.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Dont worry, we'll still be able to mod, it just means they can hand out more money making tickets coz thats what its all about, moeny money money.

Been riding for 39 years, have an aging TDM that could do with a few mods

I agree in part. They are desperate for more of OUR money and bikers seem like an easy target just like smokers. I believe it has as much to do with subservience and recognition of their perceived authority over us. It's conform or be taxed to death.

Taxes have proven to be impossibly inefficient at behavior modification and necessarily lead to black market products and outlaw behavior. Has anybody called the growing chapters of the Hells Angels? They have exceptional legal teams. I'm not kidding. Come to think of it, it could be a sideways attack on outlaw bikers. Think of the threat they pose to subservience!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Guess you gotta live with a Harley a while to appreciate it.

Once you've paid the Harley tax,they are beautiful to ride and, like a tractor, can pull up tree stumps.

Like I said before, a loud bike will be gone before you're finished getting upset at the noise.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK

Once you've paid the Harley tax,they are beautiful to ride and, like a tractor, can pull up tree stumps.

Like I said before, a loud bike will be gone before you're finished getting upset at the noise.

It's still there long enough to wake you up, which is long enough in my book.

Look I ride, I'm not anti biker.

I just think there are a number of things bikers do that give us all a bad name, no baffles being number one.

Loud pipes don't save lives, attentive riding does.

I've always said, the louder the bike the smaller the, well, you know.

Has to do with compensating for a shortcoming.

I ride a 1980 Honda CB750F that's set up as cafe racer, I have a four into one header that can be loud at full throttle, but I never pin it around houses or people.

But it you lined me up with a Fatboy with straight pipes and run us, you won't even hear my bike running.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 25-6-2012 by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK

It's still there long enough to wake you up, which is long enough in my book.

Look I ride, I'm not anti biker.

I just think there are a number of things bikers do that give us all a bad name, no baffles being number one.

Loud pipes don't save lives, attentive riding does.

I've always said, the louder the bike the smaller the, well, you know.

Has to do with compensating for a shortcoming.

I ride a 1980 Honda CB750F that's set up as cafe racer, I have a four into one header that can be loud at full throttle, but I never pin it around houses or people.

But it you lined me up with a Fatboy with straight pipes and run us, you won't even hear my bike running.

You hit on part of it yourself, how you ride has a lot to do with the amount of noise you make.

I don't buy the dick compensation thing, but then I wouldn't, would i? ;-)

We can all find something about riders of other bikes we don't like, the point is, saying this or that type of thing is ok to ban just brings a ban closer to your kind of ride.

This legislation isn't about loud pipes or nitrous bottles, its about turning every bike into an asthmatic Ford clitoris clone.

(As an odd kind of aside, I really like the way electric bikes sound, was dead impressed with the TT zero this year. If I wasn't penniless I'd have one).

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

This is the only MAJOR MSM report on todays protest ride.
The link I have provided for the opening 'story snippet' is ITV news, but local to the Tyne-Tees area...not national.

Just for clarification..
That article is not by Tyne-Tees, it's from another ITV region (West Country Tonight?).
It's just that it happens to be in the region the Tyne-Tees covers.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join