It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonry, the ultimate lie (keep the discourse civil please)

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAsay1LOVE
reply to post by W3RLIED2

to clarify my objective...

i understand the beliefs presented by masons on how to act and treat one another...

i mean in terms of geometry and its applications pertaining building...i believe this may be where the secrets lie...i am good at finding meanings and applications...

i just am look to find out where to begin

thank you

edit on 28-7-2012 by JAsay1LOVE because: posted this before i saw your response

Based on what you have said, you sound like you would get a lot out of masonry. The answers to what you are looking for are not directly in masonry. Directly. But it's a great place to learn how to learn.

If you can overcome fear, and truly put your trust in another person, you will enjoy the lessons and experience. Just like the suit guy said, "your gonna like the way you look. I guarantee it."

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rendezvouswithrama
reply to post by getreadyalready

You stated 'Temperance' as a virtue you related to yourself, and yet you are drunk? Maybe you should also look up the definition of Hypocrisy in a dictionary. Im sorry for your daughter, but bringing that up in a debate as a psychological tool is innapropriate. For the money I dont have any Religion. In relation to your claim about the Crusades, Jihad predates Crusades by centuries. The so named Crusades were a defence campaign against Jihadism and Arab Dictatorship of the planet. Similarly the Arab Trans Sahara slave trade was 3 times larger than the Trans Atlantic one. You simply cannot place the umbrella term of Religion and compare them as the same in terms of crime and immoral acts. You claim to study Platos Math, yet clearly know nothing of Probability and Statistics. You are not very good at this are you? So far It looks like I would be joining a Drinking club for materialists and hypocrits that know very little about God. And added to that I would be expelled by you for refusing to associate with Paedophiles, Polygamists etc. Freemasonry certainly is not for me.
edit on 28-7-2012 by rendezvouswithrama because: .

Dude, what the hell are you talking about?

You claim Masons are pedophiles and polygamists, which is totally off base (although personally I do agree with polygamy, but that's another topic), but then you make a big deal out of me getting a little drunk? (Which, by the way, unlike many ATSers, I still had the wherewithal to limit my own posting in that condition.) I mention my SON, not daughter, because I am proud of him, and my wife after an awesome night among awesome friends. But you'll just turn that joy around and call pride a bad thing.

We agree on one thing, Freemasonry is definitely not for you, but then again I already knew that only a couple of lines into your first post. That's why I'm an investigator by trade, and that's why my Lodge has high quality characters that I'm proud to associate with. We interview candidates, check their backgrounds, and get to know them a little before we agree to let them join....... you would have never made it.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
What I would say is that it would be dangerous to asume any organisation is without crime or incorruptable. Organisations that involve 'Occult Science' could be considered potentially more dangerous. Although it's obvious to me most Masons know little about it. Freemasonry was brought before Parlaiment in the UK some years ago as it was connected with cartelling and fraud with regards Masonic MPs.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rendezvouswithrama

Why would being physically present at a Lodge be critical to completing the degrees, tracing boards and your evolution? Can you point me to any Peer Reviewed study that would illustrate this?

The degree work itself is designed to convey that which can not be taught. The lessons in Freemasonry are lessons to be "experienced" not learned.

This site has a lot of useful knowledge about "floor work," but the biggest secrets in Freemasonry are the life experiences you brethren bring to Lodge. If you're not in Lodge, you don't get those experiences.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
fair enough...death aside...what about the alignment of those mentioned celestial bodies..and those being explanations for the all seeing eye?

is there any correlation there?

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
You may be interested to know that a perfect replica of the Temple of Mousolus exists in The Federal City, though.

i am interested in all knowledge lol...

thank you again for you guidance along my path to education

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Based on what you have said, you sound like you would get a lot out of masonry. The answers to what you are looking for are not directly in masonry. Directly. But it's a great place to learn how to learn.

If you can overcome fear, and truly put your trust in another person, you will enjoy the lessons and experience. Just like the suit guy said, "your gonna like the way you look. I guarantee it."

i understand that to approach being introduced into masonry one has to be invited...what if i know no masons? i live in indianapolis. i know that one of the original Scottish rite temples is located here...but again- i know no one in this fraternity...

i would feel uncomfortable knocking on the door and asking to join, as i feel that would be grossly inappropriate

ETA- please know that everything i have posted, and asked, is from a very sincere place. i mean no disrespect to any individual associated with this organization, for asking these questions

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

. Freemasonry was brought before Parlaiment in the UK some years ago as it was connected with cartelling and fraud with regards Masonic MPs.

what about this?

www.youtube.com...

US Soldiers Caught Aiding Mexican Drug Cartels

how do you feel about US Military?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JAsay1LOVE

The only way to join, is to ask. We are forbidden to invite, or recruit any one. Ever.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

i honestly did not think that would be the case...

why then are so many people afraid of masonry then...if to find out about the organization...all they have to do is ask to participate?

i understand there is a review process and this keeps many unqualified (i really do not know what would constitute qualified or not) persons from joining, but...idk lol...i do know that many people are ignorant, and not motivated enough to find their own answers...but man lol-

when i first began my research in to various "alternative" topics all i heard anywhere was how malevolent and evil freemasonry is... but the more i read forums here...and see the manor masons carry themselves, vs non-masons (whom bash masonry)...it seems very apparent most negative claims are out of ignorance..not relevance...

NETWORKDUDE-

i would like to ask-

I have nothing to fear. i have my reasons. i would gladly face the unknown at an instance, and stand unflinchingly in my beliefs and abilities...

but what do you mean by fully trust another person?

edit on 28-7-2012 by JAsay1LOVE because: typo

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Amazing, isn't it? Lodges are open during the week. Any one can walk in and ask questions.

The saying is 2B1ASK1. It must be done of your own freewill and accord.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

You stated 'Temperance' as a virtue you related to yourself, and yet you are drunk? Maybe you should also look up the definition of Hypocrisy in a dictionary.

As long as his drinking doesn't become a vicious or licentious habit there is nothing hypocritical about it.

So far It looks like I would be joining a Drinking club for materialists and hypocrits that know very little about God. And added to that I would be expelled by you for refusing to associate with Paedophiles, Polygamists etc. Freemasonry certainly is not for me.

What an ignorant statement. Freemasonry isn't about drinking or materialism. It's pretty arrogant to assume you think you know what every Masons knows about God. Freemasons are charged to follow the law and both polygamy and pedophilia is illegal (and grossly immoral), they would not be associated with Freemasons.

From the looks of your post, I wouldn't want you to join us so don't worry.

To go through a ceremony you have to present for it.

Or that Freemasons are involved in similar immoral crimes, whether by guilt by association or otherwise?

What crimes are those?

I was slandered by a 'Worshipful Mason' in this topic for simply having Morals, so I defended my statement for the benefit of others!

Uh huh. I didn't realize that bigotry was moral.

In fact, a large percentage of Muslims believe the Anti-Mohammed will be a Freemason with the 'One eye' symbollism.

Where do you find this?

Maybe I should ask you to prove every statement in the deceased Stephen Knights book 'The Brotherhood' is entirely untrue?

He actually provides no sources or citations for any of his claims in that book. He just expects the readers to take his word for it. It's quite laughable that anyone takes his book as literal or factual.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Amazing, isn't it? Lodges are open during the week. Any one can walk in and ask questions.

The saying is 2B1ASK1. It must be done of your own freewill and accord.

thats crazy lol...i am stunned by that revelation lol...i think that leads even more credence to the notion that negativity stems from "sore losers" lol

do i need to know anyone in the lodge? or quite litterally just go and ask anyone?

how do i approach asking questions without seeming like a person just asking for negative purposes? i can say all i want that i am being honest...but i still feel as tho if i approached a member of a lodge and stated i wanted to learn what they have to teach, i would be met with skepticism

thank you for all of your knowledge and help

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The legalised crimes stated are related to Islam, which are the reasons I stated I would be uncomfortable with Freemasonry. Youre an idiot. I wouldnt associate with people like you so dont flatter yourself and dont delude yourself you are Gods judge. Go have another drink.

wow man...you think you are in a position to be Gods judge? and slander lol...wow man...lol, you have to be from Westboro Church no doubt...

no youre not...you just like coming on line and instigating people...you need a life my friend lol...i often frequent the internet...quite often...yet i feel no need to act in such a manor...

are you having fun? lol

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

No need to be so harsh! He simply misunderstood what you were saying in your post, that your opposition to Freemasonry is that you wouldn't be able to sit in Lodge with a Brother who was Muslim for the reasons you stated. He is correct that you wouldn't be a fit member of Freemasonry for that reason, we meet on the Level with people of all Faiths and must practice tolerance towards all of them.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Just be honest with the Masons you speak with about your intentions. The secretary, and the senior officers will be happy to answer your questions.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

thank you for all of your help

sincerely

C. Thomas Lavoncher

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

He conveniently misinterpretted and misquoted everything I said to exercise his Ego and deceive others. Again, my issue is not with Faith but with Morality. I understand that would limit your membership fee revenue. I wouldnt associate with people that had Faith in Congonese Headhunter practices or Pagans that believed Satanic Magick or Animal/Human Sacrifice is acceptable either. Accepting it is promoting it. Maybe I shouldnt have downshifted to others low standards.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

If they mock the cult of christianity they might be doing something right..
this so called new info was posted a few years ago and has a bunch of threads on it please search them... And yeah. It doesn't matter what one group says against Christians America has many different religions... Even christians mock other religions so what ?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

So you're uncomfortable with any Muslim? What if they had not done anything you consider wrong? What if they were married to only one woman and had not sexually assaulted a child? I know many Muslims who would find such things abhorrent.

Nice personal attack. Maybe you should stay on topic and go after the message, not the messenger.

So you're against drinking?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join