It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonry, the ultimate lie (keep the discourse civil please)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dsldsl2014

Read the full transcript of the "secret society" speech, as it's been labeled. JFK clearly calls for more secrecy to protect government interests.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Read the full transcript of the "secret society" speech, as it's been labeled. JFK clearly calls for more secrecy to protect government interests.

So why do people regard "JFK" in such high regard in that case? Ignorance? Herd mentality?
People dont mind the governments of the world being ultra secret in what they do?
These should have all been kept secret but luckily were brought to light but the majority of people dont care since its clear as day people support these operations to be kept hidden, they want info suppressed from them. www.ranker.com...
www.conspirazzi.com...

edit on 17-7-2012 by dsldsl2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Ignorance plays a part. People hear one idea about it that they think jives than jump on it. Selective quoting is another issue, it like Pike quotes. A couple paragraphs out of the entire body can be taken completely out of context in regards to the actual premise.

I have linked to RiseAgainst's dissection of that speech many times. The ones who use that as fuel against secret societies are the same ones who have not read the entirety of the speech.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dsldsl2014
So why do people regard "JFK" in such high regard in that case? Ignorance? Herd mentality?

That and the temptation to lionize the dead. Oh, and in his case, he had a point; right or wrong, the Bay of Pigs was unsuccessful largely because the press sniffed it out before Cuba even had to try.

People dont mind the governments of the world being ultra secret in what they do?

Kennedy conceded the public's right to know; he wasn't asking for secrecy so much as discretion. The press was obtaining information that was used to actively thwart US foreign policy, and Kennedy asked them to be sensitive to the consequences of publishing it.

These should have all been kept secret but luckily were brought to light but the majority of people dont care since its clear as day people support these operations to be kept hidden, they want info suppressed from them.

Your examples are apples; the spark of Kennedy's address is an orange. Also, they have nothing to do with Freemasonry.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

What's true? The part where he said we need more secrecy?

There's a big difference between esoteric and a secret cabal (puppet master) existing. As I said, Freemasonry is far too decentralized and with far too many variables for a secret cabal to exist and be effective in their "clandestine control".

Originally posted by JakeWatkin
I dont want to annoy my family about joining but how would i go around asking again? and is it really for people my age?

I'm 27 and I've been in for 6-years, and enjoyed every minute of it. You're family shouldn't be annoyed by you asking to join.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
* * * * * * * * * * A T T E N T I O N * * * * * * * * * * *

The topic is not ATS members or their personalities. Please post on-topic and keep it civil.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
No Freemasons have commented on my post connecting Kabbalah to Freemasonry. Is that because you are unaware of it? Or because you are warned to keep it Secretive? If it is the latter, why mislead people that the Secrecy involved is only comparable to 'names,addresses, credit card details' etc? If it is the former, I would refer you to a simple Google search on Kabbalah and Freemasonry.
edit on 20-7-2012 by rendezvouswithrama because: Addition

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rendezvouswithrama
No Freemasons have commented on my post connecting Kabbalah to Freemasonry. Is that because you are unaware of it? Or because you are warned to keep it Secretive? If it is the latter, why mislead people that the Secrecy involved is only comparable to 'names,addresses, credit card details' etc? If it is the former, I would refer you to a simple Google search on Kabbalah and Freemasonry.
edit on 20-7-2012 by rendezvouswithrama because: Addition

The Kabbalah has to do with the mystery schools. Yes Freemasonry was founded on those ideals, it's teachings do not directly come from the Kabbalah. Most come from the Bible. An astute mason may chose to further his studies by including many other religious texts and lots do, but some don't.

There are many secrets out there that are just begging to be found, but those who find them, understand them, and they also understand that the only way a person would be ready to learn them is to look for them his/her self. Once a person starts asking about more knowledge, there are lots of places to point to. And one need not be a mason to look. (IMHO)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Fair comment, but the connection between Kabbalah and Freemasonry, from day one and in every degree, is so extensive it cant be disregarded as a part of some 'Mystery schools.'

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

In regards to Freemasonry 'deriving from the Bible', a large percentage of Christians will quote you verses illustrating Freemasonry as a Satanic and Forbidden practise. Together with a critical mass of people viewing Freemasonry in a negative for various reasons, and Freemasonry not providing any solutions, it is not surprising it is so unpopular.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rendezvouswithrama

The only way to truly know what goes on is to join. We try and try to tell people the truth about what we do, but we get hit with, "You're not high enough in the order to 'know'". So with that catch 22, I guess only the members will know for sure.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rendezvouswithrama

Sorry, I had not seen that post:

Freemasonry is basically Kabbalah by another name, although most Masons know little if anything about it.

Freemasonry is much more than just Kabbalah. Can you see some influence? Sure, but that's not all of it...not by far.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

In regards to Freemasonry 'deriving from the Bible', a large percentage of Christians will quote you verses illustrating Freemasonry as a Satanic and Forbidden practise. Together with a critical mass of people viewing Freemasonry in a negative for various reasons, and Freemasonry not providing any solutions, it is not surprising it is so unpopular.

I would disagree with the "unpopular". We remain the largest fraternity in the world, with more than 3 million members.

Any "solution" to a problem has to be worked out by the Master Mason himself. Freemasonry doesn't provide answers, only questions. It is up to the individual to pursue the answers.

Most Masons have never heard of Kabbalah, although I can see where there are similarities.

Freemasonry today (in the US) derives from Jewish and Christian teachings, as well as esoterica and historical works from men like Pythagoras.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Appreciate the replies. I cant create topics until I reach 20 posts, so appolagies to the OP if Im going off topic. I have considered joining Freemasonry, but I cant join something if I am not in posession of the facts about it. I would also feel uncomfortable mixing with Muslims. I sent off for a 'Mail Order course' to a similar organisation named the Rose Cross. Maybe Freemasonry have the same courses. You pay the quarterly sub, sign a confidentiality form and receive your degree study material via mail.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Appreciate the replies. I cant create topics until I reach 20 posts, so appolagies to the OP if Im going off topic. I have considered joining Freemasonry, but I cant join something if I am not in posession of the facts about it. I would also feel uncomfortable mixing with Muslims. I sent off for a 'Mail Order course' to a similar organisation named the Rose Cross. Maybe Freemasonry have the same courses. You pay the quarterly sub, sign a confidentiality form and receive your degree study material via mail.

Freemasonry doesn't offer anything via mail order. The entire purpose is to be present and experience the degrees in person.

I think associating with Freemasons would cure your discomfort with Muslims. Firstly, no man is ever obligated, or asked, to disclose his faith. The only requirement is a belief in a Supreme Being.

Discussions of particular religious beliefs are forbidden in lodge meetings.

When I first started researching masonry (coincidentally on ATS) with a skeptical viewpoint, I found this site:

Anti-Masonry: Points of View

That cleared up every question I have.

As far as facts I can give you these -

1 - Freemasonry is the world's oldest and largest fraternity, with about 3 million members worldwide.

2 - Masons (mostly through Shriners hospitals donation) contribute on average more than one million dollars per day to charitable causes.

3 - Freemasonry consists of three degrees, which are conveyed through a beautiful symbolic ritual.

4 - The 'secrets' of Freemasonry only include the grips, passwords and obligation. Everything else is fair game for discussion.

5 - The vast majority of men in Freemasonry participate for the social and charitable aspects. A small minority pursue further personal spiritual development through understanding the true meaning of the lessons of Freemasonry.

6 - The tenets of Freemasonry, taught in ritual, include such things as:

- Faith, Hope, Charity
- Brotherly Love, Relief, Truth
- Temperance, Prudence, Justice, Fortitude

I hope this helps.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I think associating with Freemasons would cure your discomfort with Muslims. Firstly, no man is ever obligated, or asked, to disclose his faith. The only requirement is a belief in a Supreme Being.

I have to disagree. Someone that would be uncomfortable associating with someone from another faith does not sound like a good fit for Masonry to me. If I were on an investigating committee, and I heard that statement, I would not give a favorable review.

Perhaps Masonry is not a good fit for this person.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join