It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonry, the ultimate lie (keep the discourse civil please)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JakeWatkin

I suspect that your granddad is actually 33 degree AASR, and your uncle is 32 degree AASR, and I have no doubt that they are good men.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

no im positve its 33 and 34, ive been to the lodge a few times and people have told me how important they are, so does all this mean if i stay in it then il learn all the "evil" stuff in years to come?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

The 33rd degree is the highest degree that can be attained in the Scottish Rite, which means that your Grandfather was honored by his brethren for his many years of dedication to the craft.

Also, you aren't a Freemason or "in it" as you say, unless you are initiated.
edit on 17-7-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Exactly so he cant be a bad guy? meh i dont believe the stuff on this i know my family, thanks for the info guys!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakeWatkin

Exactly so he cant be a bad guy? meh i dont believe the stuff on this i know my family, thanks for the info guys!

You sound very naive on the issue if you are being truthful. Naivety is not a bad thing, but troll-baiting is. I hope you are being truthful, and if so, then I will tell you that very, very few Masons are "bad guys." In fact, I've only met one bad Mason in my whole life, and that was a matter of perspective, not necessarily fact.

If someone in your family has attained a rank of 33rd Degree, then you should be very proud. If the reached 34th Degree, then you should be very skeptical, because that one doesn't exist.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by no1smootha
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

You didn't answer my hypothetical question at all! Let me rephrase it, you are walking down the street and you see two piles of coins of equal height in a crosswalk on a busy street. One pile are nickels and the other are quarters. Remember, you aren't a member of any organization, so who cares what the GM thinks. Which pile do you stop to gather coins from before the light turns green?

Nickels? You mean dimes, right? As they can be gathered in a shorter order than quarters by volume, volume vs worth. A hand full of dimes are worth more than a handful of quarters. However the opposite is true when it's nickles vs. quarters. So what is the point in asking this question?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

The point was to show that EVERYONE instinctively makes decisions which optimize economic gain. Even by altering my question to gather dimes instead of quarters (because more will fit in your hand), you have proven my point. Now how would you answer my second question?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Is there a reason for all the symbolisms that summarise Freemason when their general public logo/symbol was/is their only conclusion???
Is there a lie in the idea(s) put forth by such symbols, and do they instruct... examine... correct... ???

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The human ego is an amazing thing...
It can apparently be inflated to 33 psi., but after that it's unclear what happens because everyone passes out...

There are also apparently 2 sides to Freemasonry:
(1) Men trying to better themselves, each other and their communities
(2) Men engaging in rites, rituals (and possibly worship) preferably in a private setting

Anyone can do these activities, as they serve only 2 causes: Survival and Ego Maintenance

Currently my own ego is at about 2 psi, because I know that human life is a physical experience, and all mental endeavors work to serve either the physical experience (survival) or serve to justify continuing another day (ego, self importance) in a world where we are going to die eventually.

In fact, ego drives every single conversation and research effort (here on ATS and elsewhere) because without ego we would feel no reason to continue, and such feeling is everything when it comes to living.

Perhaps some feel that Freemasons have an elevated sense of ego, but that is their right if they choose. However, keeping one's ego in check is key to getting along with our fellow egomaniacs.

edit on 17-7-2012 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinocchio
Is there a reason for all the symbolisms that summarise Freemason when their general public logo/symbol was/is their only conclusion???
Is there a lie in the idea(s) put forth by such symbols, and do they instruct... examine... correct... ???

You sound like you could really use a dose of that sun light, why not come out of your temple for a time.

Or at least out of your head . . .

Well you always seem in an eloquent mood.

Might I ask you to so verbosely expand upon a subject as endearing as Eros and Psyche?
edit on 17-7-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: may as well to avoid a trip down the well

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

Beauty Defined By Man Only Allows For Torment.
Torment Creates More Mysery In The Creator Of It Than Is Necessary...
Boy With Passion Enough In Himself To Resist This Beauty Is Only Wrought To Madness For His Attempts To Undo It.
Therein found in the tale is only one silly superstitious lesson...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Love her if you wish...
But mock seldom those whose love exceeds even the graces of heaven.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

what do you mean by troll baiting? i was seriously asking a question about my family and i could almost swear i heard 34th degree, i dont understand how im being naive, im saying that all the wierdos who make # up about the free masons are either sados with no lives or wrong, so thats why im saying that i cant understand how people think theyre evil when people like my family do so much good, so if your trying to offend me then i guess il take back my thank you.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

34th degree all the way up to the 66th degree are lessons of affair.
When you love a woman enough to marry her... you will need those lessons to keep her as your own.

1-33 is silly attempt to teach child how to socialize amongtst heathens... pagans... and heretics.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinocchio

Im not really thinking about marriage tbh :L but umm are you saying that theyr trying to turn me into a heretic or do i just not understand what your saying?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakeWatkin

what do you mean by troll baiting? i was seriously asking a question about my family and i could almost swear i heard 34th degree, i dont understand how im being naive, im saying that all the wierdos who make # up about the free masons are either sados with no lives or wrong, so thats why im saying that i cant understand how people think theyre evil when people like my family do so much good, so if your trying to offend me then i guess il take back my thank you.

Nope not trying to offend you, and I apologize for being a bit sarcastic and jaded. I saw your recent join date, and your claim of family of the 33rd and 34th degrees combined with you having almost no knowledge of the fraternity, and it set off my radars. I didn't think you were being honest with us, and I expected your posts to lead down an ugly path.

Since it appears I was wrong, I apologize.

If you are being honest with us, and your curiosity is real, then I'm thrilled to see you asking questions, and you should feel very proud of your family, and you should really take these questions to them as well. If you are sincerely interested in the fraternity, it would be a HUGE honor to be "raised up" by your 33rd Degree Grandfather! HUGE! It would be an honor for both of you, and something you would always cherish.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Ohh right no seriously just googled info on the free masons because my friends said there evil but hes an idiot and this site popped up, i love my grandad and my family but theyre not really keen on me joining they keep saying "when your older" because im off to uni soon, i want to join now but the fact that i was the youngest person there was odd for me and then my uncle colin said i have to pay a fee and wear the uniform, in my mind the masons are cool and respected, my friends think they own the world and are evil. I dont want to annoy my family about joining but how would i go around asking again? and is it really for people my age?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I dont want to annoy my family about joining but how would i go around asking again? and is it really for people my age?

In some states you have to be 21, but many states allow you at 18. My state of Florida just changed a year or two ago to allow 18 year olds. Some older members are not happy about such changes, and this may be the reluctance, but then again Grandfathers aren't around forever, so it would be better to get it done, while he is still around.

To be honest, it is fairly boring for an 18 year old, but if you are mature and sincere in your desire to join, then it would be a wonderful opportunity. We had a 25 year old "Worshipful Master" last year. (That is the head of the Lodge.) When I joined my Lodge at age 32, I was the youngest in the Lodge, but over the last 5 years we have had a boom in new interest, and we now have a lot of 20-something year olds, and they are really enjoying the experience, and learning the parts, and serving in elected positions. It is VERY exciting for some of the older Masons to see this new vigor. 5 years ago my Lodge was kind of an outcast, but just a few nights ago I heard someone from Grand Lodge call our lodge one of the top ones in the STATE! That was very refreshing to hear, and it is a result of our youth.

I hope you join. Keep inquiring. Don't bug them, but don't let the issue get lost either. Keep it top of mind. Let them know what a benefit it would be to have the support of a Lodge while you're in college. There is no better fraternity in the world!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

That was all i needed to hear! But just wanted to add that i live in Wales in the UK not USA, and i think il wait 3 years after ive done with uni so i can then focus on the fraternity, seriously help full advice. cheers!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I have read of a brother of the 33rd degree, that he received his 34th degree at his death. Has your grandfather passed away?

Your time on Earth, spent in service. A shining example of a Man to be. But, you're now needed in the Heavenly Lodge. Time has come for your 34th Degree.

The 34th degree

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join